Wedding Shower Idea Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets
Wedding Showers are a good time to help out the new couple with gifts to set up their household. One helpful idea is to outfit the newlyweds’ kitchen with all the kitchen gadgets and utensils that one needs to cook and bake. This list was compiled to provide a list of inexpensive but necessary items that will be affordable for everyone. Those who want to spend more can buy several items. Not included in this list are bigger ticket items like pots and pans and small appliances.
Personalize the Shower With Memories
To go along with the kitchen theme have each guest come with their favorite recipe to present to the bride. Decide ahead what the format will be and buy a binder that will accept them all neatly. This can be made ahead or assembled at the shower. Take advantage of the great Scrapbooking stores for supplies and papers.
Instruct each guest that each recipe should contain a short paragraph about family and food or a memory of a family gathering or event that was particularly meaningful. Other ideas would be a quote or poem about family, food or hospitality.
Of course cook books are never complete without some great photographs of food. If you can take a picture of the prepared recipe all the better. If you don’t have the time to do that then take some other food related photos. You might consider a photo that would head up a section of the cookbook.
Don’t forget the sections of food and cooking tips that include:
- Things your mother taught you
- Common substitute ingredients
- Nutrition information
- Measurement conversions
Take a look at the cookbooks in your kitchen for ideas and references to determine what kind of information and sections you want to put in your customized cookbook.
Brides don’t often put these smaller items on their bridal registry so it might be helpful for the hostess of the bridal shower to keep a master list for everyone or maybe even create an online registry at one or two of the large big box stores like Target or Wal-Mart for the guests to use. When buying utensils for cooking look for ones that specifically say on the packaging that they are heat resistant. There are many new and beautiful silicone and nylon utensils that are made to use in high heat situations.
- Serving spoons - several large ones
- Soup Ladle and Gravy Ladle
- Pie server and Cake server
- Cooking tongs and Salad tongs
- Cheese grater
- Potato peeler
- Spaghetti serving spoon and spaghetti portion measure
- Oven mitts, hotpads and trivets
- Rubber spatulas in various sizes and Wooden spoons in various sizes
- Pancake turners in a couple sizes
- Cookie sheet, Muffin tins and cooling rack
- Pizza wheel
- Kitchen scissors
- Magnetic knife strip and several small paring knives
- Bag clips in various sizes
- Sauce bowls
- Basting brush
- Meat thermometer
- One Touch Can opener
- Liquid measuring cups - glass Pyrex
- Dry measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand juicer
- Juice pitcher
- Salt and Pepper shaker
- Hot pads
- Dish towels, Dish cloths and an Apron
- Handmade napkins for everyday use - a couple dozen
- Hard boiled egg slicer
- Hand potato masher
- Cutting boards - several sizes
- Refrigerator food containers and Zip Lock freezer bags
- Ice cream scoop and Sudae dishes and spoons
- Non slip shelf liner
- Kitchen bucket filled with sponges and bar towels
- Dishpan filled with packages of various scrubbing pads and brushes
- Bag of shop towels
- Waste baskets and bags
I guarantee your friend will always treasure this wonderful cookbook not only for the recipes but for the great stories and pictures that you include.
For other shower and gift ideas:
Choosing a power tool as a gift?