Corporate Responsibility &
Brand Values Scholarship
Congratulations to our Spring 2020 $1,000 Brand Values Scholarship Winner!
How to Enter the Spring 2020 Scholarship
At Knoji, we seek to promote positive brand values
In today's rapidly-changing world, it is more important than ever for businesses large and small to make a positive impact. Tomorrow's winning brands don't just focus on the bottom line, they incorporate positive values and live those out every day to make a positive impact on their communities and the world.
As a leading consumer knowledge site, we at Knoji believe in promoting greater transparency among brands so that consumers can be more informed and make smarter purchase decisions. We encourage brands to communicate their values clearly and openly, and for consumers to research the brands they buy from.
Which brand do you believe in most?
Which brand best embodies values that you admire or aspire to? Which company is making the most important positive impact? Why? Share your thoughts on your favorite brand and let the world know why you love them.
Here are some great examples. eyeglass brand Warby Parker uses a portion of its sales revenue to support providing eyeglasses and vision care to people in communities in need. Shoe brand Toms donates one pair of shoes to people in need for every pair of shoes they sell. Cosmetics brand LUSH sells a product called Charity Pot of which 100% of the price goes to support small nonprofits dedicated to animal rights.
Share your favorite brand and why you believe in them and win $1,000
Create a short YouTube video (2 to 3 minutes in length, no longer than 5 minutes) to share your favorite brand which you think is having an awesome positive impact. Describe the brand, who they are, and what they're all about. Maybe you can influence other people to check them out! We'll share select videos on our social media channels to give their brand message greater exposure.
In your video, you must answer the following:
- Identify the brand, where they're located, and what products or services they provide.
- How is this brand making a difference? What are their brand values?
- Why is this brand's mission meaningful to you personally? If possible, share a story or personal anecdote that illustrates this.
- Why should other people buy from this brand?
Submission period now closed!
The submission period for Spring 2020 is now closed. The owner of the winning submission will be notified via email on May 1, 2020. The winner will also be published to this page after claiming the prize. Stay tuned for next semester's scholarship announcement.
Additional information and FAQs
Submitted videos will be judged based on:
- Is your video well-produced, entertaining, and engaging? Does it stand out?
- How well you promote your brand. Do we want to buy from this brand after seeing your video?
- You must be enrolled in a US college or university
- You must be a US citizen
- You must provide a valid .edu email address with your application
- Submissions are due by April 17, 2020.
- By submitting your video, you are giving Knoji permission to use your video for promotional purposes (it will be used on our blog and on our social media channels).
- The winner will be announced on May 1, 2020. The winner will be notified via email and will have 2 weeks to claim their prize.
- The $1,000 prize will be remitted via PayPal within one week of the prize being claimed. You must have a valid PayPal account to receive your prize.