Hard Stool Treatment: Home Remedies for Constipation
Passing hard stool is a very painful condition and the reasons for getting it in the first place are many. Constipation may be one reason and one that many people suffer from. Constipation is associated with gastrointestinal condition in which the stool becomes too hard to facilitate elimination, in addition, infrequent bowel movements in some cases. This can cut the rectum and anus (rectal opening) and cause hemorrhoids, bleeding, and pain. Constipation is most common in children and older people, and affects women more than men. Primary cause of constipation is a low-fiber diet or dehydration. Not enough exercise and stress can all lead to hard stool. Constipation is usually a temporary problem, but there may be chronic constipation. It is easy to put a stop to constipation problems with lifestyle change and exercise.
Home Remedies for Constipation
It is very easy to treat constipation in the initial phase. You can defeat constipation with simple home remedies and common sense. Concentrate on healthy diet. Eat your meals on time. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day. You need to boost your intake of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables in your diet. Eat less cooked vegetables rather than heavily cooked vegetables. Relax, reduce stress, get enough rest, and exercise regularly to successfully treat hard stool problems.
• A great remedy for hard stool treatment is the consumption of aloe vera juice. You should drink half a cup of aloe vera juice early in the morning and before going to bed, as it is said to be very effective stool softener. However, you need to drink plenty of water after taking aloe vera juice.
• Cantaloupe is one of best fruits you can eat to avoid constipation. It is a source of many minerals, and Vitamin A and C. Cantaloupe has sufficient amount of fiber and is useful remedy for hard stool treatment.
• Papaya also provides relief from hard stool problems. As papaya is an excellent natural laxative food, it serves as one of the beneficial home remedies for constipation.
• Using orange as a remedy for hard stool treatment is very beneficial. Taking 1 or 2 oranges at bedtime and again on rising in the morning is a brilliant way of encouraging the bowels to have easy evacuation.
• The best and simplest home remedy for hard stool problem is to drink a glass of lemon juice in water with a pinch of salt in it. This will treat any form of constipation, which may be present.
• Flaxseed oil is also one of the good home remedies for constipation. Take 1 to 2 tablespoon of flaxseed oil with plenty of water right after lunch or dinner as an effective remedy for hard stool treatment.
• Boysenberry juice has a mild natural laxative action on your bowel. When your constipation is gentle, boysenberry juice will help move things in your colon.
• Consuming walnuts is considered as one of the effective home remedies for constipation. It will help to have bowel movement within 6-7 hours. Doing this every day will stay constipation at bay.
• As a remedy for hard stool treatment, drink a glass of warm water with fresh lemon in the morning.
• Ginger tea is one of the excellent home remedies for constipation. Ginger helps start bowel movement.
• Chickweed is an excellent herb for relieving constipation quickly. It helps strengthen the stomach, bowels, and assists in the transfer of waste matters. This herb acts as a valuable home remedy for hard stool treatment.
• Petroleum jelly can help to pass hard stools without difficulty. Take some petroleum jelly and apply it about half an inch into the rectum. This will prevent injure from taking place and facilitate to pass the hard stools without much hassle.
• As a home remedy for constipation, you can add 1 tablespoonful of corn syrup to 8 oz of water and have it.
• Raw spinach juice mixed with water and taken twice daily will heal the most irritated cases of constipation within a few days.
• Eating spinach cooked with green onion stalks is one of the useful home remedies for constipation.
• Never drink water while eating. Drink at least 3 glasses of water around one hour after each meal.
• Drink a glass full of water or warm milk before bedtime to help ease the evacuation in the next morning. In case of chronic constipation, mix 2 teaspoons of castor oil in the milk.
• As a mild laxative food, grapes have proved very helpful remedy for hard stool treatment. They also tone up the stomach and intestines and alleviate the most chronic constipation state.
• Add a little extra sugar or some honey to a glass of milk and have it twice daily. This is one of the effective home remedies for constipation relief.
Apart from all the above-mentioned home remedies for constipation, it is important that you clear the bowels daily as soon as the urge arises to stay away from further hard stool problems. Schedule a regular time for bowel movements. A healthy diet and exercises go a long way in treating hard stool problems.