Anorexia home remedies helps in improving digestion, increasing appetite and enhancing overall body health. Here are some effective home remedies for anorexia.
Anorexia nervosa, more popularly known as anorexia, is one of the most common eating disorders. It is a loss of appetite due to nervousness. People who have anorexia have an intense fear of gaining weight. Anorexia is characterized by excessive dieting and exercising leading to extreme thinness. Anorexia nervosa usually begins during the teen years or young adulthood. It is more common in females, but may also be seen in males.
Causes of Anorexia
The main causes of anorexia are:
• Low self-esteem
• Social and cultural pressures
• Biochemical factors
• Psychiatric disorders
• Genetic predisposition
• Family pressures
Symptoms of anorexia
Some of the common symptoms of anorexia are:
• Loss of appetite
• Extreme level of body-image disturbance
• Rapid, drastic weight loss
• Regular skipping of meals
• Eating selective foods low in fat and calories
• Social withdrawal and depression
• Disrupted sleep and fatigue
• Frequent disorders in mood, personality and behavior
• Strong exercise regimen
Home remedies for Anorexia
Anorexia is a common eating disorder accompanied by disrupted digestive problems which leads to normal weakness. However, if detected in the early stages, such disorders could be treated with some home remedies. A proper diet and some home remedies can be followed to overcome this eating disorder. Anorexia home remedies stimulate the flow of digestive juices, thus improving digestion, increasing appetite and enhancing overall body health. Here are some effective home remedies for anorexia.
1. Orange: You can increase the appetite by consuming 2 to 3 oranges or 1 glass of orange juice daily. It will also aid in stimulating the creation of various digestive juices in the stomach, thus enhancing positive effect on digestive system.
2. Ginger: Another great home remedy for anorexia is the use of ginger, which is valuable in treating loss of appetite. Grate a small piece of ginger and extract its juice. Add ½ teaspoon of lime juice and a pinch of rock salt to it. Keep this preparation in sunlight for about 3 days. Have one teaspoon full of this after each meal to stimulate digestion and appetite.
3. Dandelion Root: Drink 2 cups of dandelion root tea. Dandelion roots are mainly used as an appetite stimulant and digestive aid. It contains the compound inulin, which acts as a mild laxative while encouraging improved digestion and appetite.
4. Sour Grapes: The juice of sour grapes is another effective remedy for anorexia. It can improve the digestive system and appetite. Remember to take this continuously on a daily basis for at least 3 weeks to get maximum results.
5. Basil Leaves: These leaves are beneficial in increasing the appetite of the anorexia patient. Basil leaves have properties which are particularly useful in flushing out toxins off the body that are flowing in blood or are accumulated in stomach. This will help to maintain a healthy body and a healthy mind.
6. Horseradish: One of the most useful herbs in curing anorexia is horseradish. It is a very powerful appetizer and is successfully used in curing anorexia nervosa.
7. Apple: Apples are often used in anorexia treatments because they are a very rich source of minerals and vitamins. Apples also work as efficient appetizers. In anorexia treatments it is recommended to eat apples and later to drink milk with honey. This combination provides vital nutrients and energy and has great effects on health. Apple helps the digestion process by stimulating the flow of pepsin, a protein-digesting enzyme present in stomach fluid.
8. Warm Lemon Water: One way to kick start your digestion and increase appetite in the morning is a glass of warm water with ½ lemon squeezed in it. Lemon juice has certain components that can stimulate your digestive juices to process your food a better way.
9. Garlic: Garlic has properties to stimulate the appetite and aid digestion. It can be used in salads, or as a spice in different foods. Consuming garlic soup can be highly effective in treating loss of appetite, which should to be consumed by adding lemon juice two times a day.
10. Mint: Mint leaves or mint juice also stimulates the appetite. Take 2 tablespoons of mint juice in the empty stomach every morning. It can help get back your healthy appetite. You will feel extra craving for food. Also, regular consumption of mint helps in flushing out toxins from the body.
11. Cloves: This is very useful diet for anorexia. Cloves are very helpful in increasing the appetite in case of anorexia nervosa. Boil 3 to 4 cloves in a cup of water for 30 minutes. Take the extract three times daily before meals to increase the appetite.
12. Walnuts and Almonds: Walnuts and almonds are also a natural remedy used in curing anorexia. Keep some almonds in water over night. In the morning remove its skin and grind them to get a fine paste. Take this paste daily as a remedy for anorexia.
13. Pineapple: Pineapple taken before your meal can stimulate appetite. Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple, which facilitates digestion by breaking down proteins similar to stomach acids.
14. Buttermilk: Having a cup of buttermilk mixed with 5gm of black pepper powder also help in loss of appetite.
15. Pomegranates: Mix 30 gm of pomegranate seeds with salt and a pinch of black pepper and have this. This is another effective home remedy for anorexia.
Consumption of fruits and vegetables is quite beneficial to restore normal body health .Also stay away from too spicy or too oily food. By taking steps to improve your digestive health, your digestive system will function more efficiently, improving your overall health. Once body will retain its normal health, recovery will be much faster.