Getting healthier, becoming more fit, and losing weight are at the forefront of many of our minds these days. But, with New Year’s resolutions nine months behind us and beach season dwindling, it might be hard to find the motivation to stick to your health and fitness plans. That's where weight loss programs, workout plans, and apps and websites come in.
According to the Boston Medical Center, 45 million Americans go on a diet each year. It’s no surprise then that the weight loss market is a massive $66 billion industry. But, with so many fad diets and exercise plans circulating, it can be hard to know which weight loss programs and workout plans are sustainable and will actually help you to feel healthy. And, some statistics suggest that as few as five percent of those 45 million people who diet each year are able to lose weight and keep it off.
Dieting and exercising are hard, and a lot of us need guidance and something to keep us accountable when it comes to achieving our goals. Personally, I use the Cronometer app to keep track of my nutrition, and Fitbod to help me plan my weightlifting workouts. Having these apps has definitely helped me stick to my routines and stay on track with my health and fitness objectives, something that was much more challenging without these programs.
Of course, the decision to try out diet and exercise programs should be your own, and all bodies are good bodies. But, if being more fit, losing weight, or just feeling more healthy are in the cards for you, there are tons of programs and apps out there that can help you achieve your body and fitness goals while sticking to your budget.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide with 51 of the best workout plans, weight loss programs, and apps and websites that can help you reach your health and fitness goals. One of these programs might just be the thing that drives you to succeed!
Weight loss workout plans & apps
- Aaptiv. Aaptiv is a website and app that gives you unlimited access to thousands of workouts led by personal trainers. You enter your goals and they’ll give you tons of workouts to choose from, all with audio instruction. Students signed up with UNiDAYS can get 50% off. You can also save 50% when you get an annual subscription.
- Anna Victoria’s Body Guide. This prominent fitness expert offers 12-week plans for nutrition and fitness based on her own fitness journey. You can get your first seven days free when you subscribe to a membership plan.
- Beachbody. With on-demand workout programs, videos, and meal plans, Beachbody has tons of resources to help you reach your goals and have fun doing it. Get a free two-week trial when you purchase a three-month subscription, or save up to $115 when you purchase an annual plan.
- BodyBoss. BodyBoss promises results when you work out for just 24 minutes, three times per week, for 12 weeks. Their fitness guides are entirely body weight exercises, meaning you can do them just about anywhere with no equipment. Grab the Fitness and Nutrition bundle to save money and get a four week pre-training plan and free smoothie recipe book. They also hold regular sales like their current 20% off deal when you use the code: BB20.
- Body Building. This popular site is a wealth of knowledge on all things weightlifting, from training programs to detailed guides on proper form. They offer an all access plan where you get 50+ fitness plans, nutrition plans, up to 10% off and free shipping on all of your orders from their site, and apps for most plans.
- BodyRock. BodyRock is an online fitness coach offering nutrition ideas and workout plans for people of all levels. They offer a free 7-day trial, workout and food advice when you join their mailing list, and discounts for group and wholesale training.
- Cosmo Body. Presented by the ever-popular Cosmopolitan Magazine, Cosmo Body offers a bunch of free workout and training videos to help you stay motivated. They’re not making any more videos at this time, but they’ve got a great archive of footage you should check out!
- DareBee. DareBee is a free, nonprofit fitness site with tons of workout plans, challenges, and meal programs to help you stay motivated. You can donate to them via PayPal, but all of the information on the site is available at no cost.
- Emily Skye FIT. Serving over 14 million people worldwide, Emily Skye’s training and nutrition programs are a great option to help you achieve your fitness goals. You can get a free 7-day trial when you sign up, plus save 50% when you get an annual subscription.
- Fitness Blender. Fitness Blender has dozens of free workout videos, workout programs, and meal plans suited to different needs. Each workout plan can help you get fit in your own living room by exercising less than 30 minutes per day. Choose their Eight Week plan to save money.
- Jillian Michaels. This celebrity fitness expert will personally train you through an app that includes meal plans for any type of diet, customizable and intense exercise programs, and tools to track your progress. Get a free 7-day trial when you join, plus save up to 45% when you purchase a yearlong subscription.
- Kayla Itsines. This influential personal trainer offers 12-week programs to help you get in great shape through workouts and meal plans, particularly with her Bikini Body Guides. Get 7 days of free workouts when you join the mailing list. Folks signed up with ID.me including military, teachers, students, and first responders get a 20% discount. Save 50% by ordering a yearly subscription compared with a monthly plan.
- Muscle and Fitness. A popular website for strength training enthusiasts, Muscle and Fitness has thousands of free workout plans available for people of various skill levels. They also have a useful nutrition page with meals plans, healthy recipes, and more.
- Physique 57. In addition to in-person classes, Physique 57 also offers streaming and online workouts with no equipment required with a focus on ballet and barre training. Join their online program to get a free 7-day trial, and sign up for their mailing list for exclusive offers.
- Team Body Project. Featuring personal trainers Alexandra and Daniel Bartlett, Team Body Project offers over 150 workout videos and programs with graduated levels to help you gain experience and muscle. You’ll also get access to their community forums and stay accountable with teammates. You can join the site for free.
- Tone It Up. Started by best friends Karena and Katrina, this site empowers women to live their best lives through fitness and nutrition. They have free six-week workouts available on their site and their app gives you free daily moves. The app has a free 7-day trial period and gives you workouts you can do with your friends plus connects you to the Tone It Up community for support.
- Up & Running. This program provides online running courses to help you reach your running goals, whether you’re starting from zero or you’re a seasoned distance runner. They provide online courses and PDF training plans for people of many different levels. Get a 7-day workout plan when you join their mailing list.
- VeryWell Fit. A popular health and wellness site, VeryWell has a complete weekly training plan that can help you stick to your training goals. It’s free and you can find it here.
Weight loss diet programs
- Balance by Bistro MD. Offering over 100 doctor-designed recipes, this meal delivery program sends you all the foods you need to eat healthy, all based on your needs. Get a 10% discount on your first order when you sign up.
- Diet.com. This site offers recipes, meal plans, and exercise programs based on your needs that can help you keep on track with your goals. Basic membership is free, but Premium users get more features and more personalized plans for $9.99/month.
- Green Blender. This weekly service delivers you all the ingredients and the recipes you need to have a daily superfood green smoothie. Use code: KAHLEA1 to get $20 off your order.
- HMR. HMR is a meal delivery service that provides you with healthy meals designed to help you lose weight in a sustainable way with personal coaching to keep you on track. You can get a three-week starter plan which includes free coaching, free shipping, 10% off future auto-delivery orders, and all the meals you need.
- Jenny Craig. This long-standing meal program offers customers six balanced meals per day that will help you keep on track with your weight loss and personal coaching either at one of their 600 centers throughout the US or online with their Anywhere program. Right now, they’re running a special 12-week trial plan where you can lose up to 16 pounds for $16 plus get $120 in free food with free shipping. You can also get $50 their Premium 12 month program.
- Nutrisystem. Nutrisystem is another popular weight loss program that delivers six meals per day to you which will help you stick to your diet goals. Refer a friend to get $30 off for you and your friend. You can also get a $25 coupon on your first order when you join their mailing list.
- Optifast. This company offers 26-week weight loss programs where you’ll replace some of your meals with nutritionally complete Optifast shakes, bars, soups, and supplements. They have over 450 clinics in the US where you can get a free consultation on your diet plan. Join their mailing list to get special offers.
- Personal Trainer Food. Another popular meal program, this company sends you four weeks worth of food to help you get your diet on track. Depending on the plan you choose, you’ll also get email support and one-on-one coaching. Save 30% right now when you use the code: SAVE30.
- Physicians Weight Loss Centers. You can get their meal plans to help you lose weight quickly either in person at one of their centers or online. When you join online, you can get their 16-week program for just $6.00/week, plus get a free one-week supplement kit when you enroll.
- South Beach Diet. Based on the popular diet, this company offers you a meal program where you’ll eat six low carb meals per day. They offer regular discounts like their current free shakes and free shipping discount, plus you can get $30 for you and your friends when they use your referral code.
- Weight Watchers. You probably know Weight Watchers as the points-based diet program where you attend regular meetings and weigh-ins. However, they’ve now updated their services and offer affordable plans and coaching through their app as well. With their Invite A Friend program you can get one free month for you and a friend when you refer them to Weight Watchers.
Weight loss & fitness apps and websites
- Couch To 5K. This popular app helps people go from non-runners to completing a five kilometer run in just nine weeks. The app includes virtual trainers who can talk to you during your workout, a GPS mapping function, features to share your progress with your friends, and graphs to compare your pace and distance over time. The best part? It’s just $2.99.
- Cronometer. Cronometer has both a website and an app that help you track your daily calorie intake. You can use their barcode scanner, create your own recipes, and find out detailed information about your nutrient intake. The site is free, but you can get their premium ad-free services for a small monthly payment. Save by subscribing annually.
- Daily Burn. Daily Burn offers a new live workout every day plus over 1000 different workouts including yoga, cardio, pilates, dance, and more. You can get a free 30-day trial when you get the app. They also have a Groupon discount for three months free available soon.
- FatSecret. FatSecret is a free app that helps you track your daily calorie intake and exercise, offers a collection of healthy recipes, and lets you connect with other app users for support.
- FitBit Coach. This personal training app service connects with your phone or FitBit to deliver personalized workouts, audio coaching, and bodyweight video workouts. The app is free, but you’ll need to upgrade to premium for $39.99/year to access all of the features.
- Fitbod. This strength-training and weightlifting app builds you custom workouts based on your body and your goals. The app tracks all of your workouts, weight lifted, and how many calories you’ve burned. Each new workout is AI-generated based on what muscle groups are rested and they have a feature where you can replace exercises based on what equipment is available to you. Get a free month when you sign up, plus save by purchasing a year-long subscription over monthly.
- Fitness Buddy. Fitness Buddy has over 1,700 exercises with instructions on how to perform them in order to help you create custom workouts. It also has eight-week training plans and a meal planner with over 100 recipes. You can get the app for $3.99, but there is a subscription fee to unlock all of the features.
- Fitocracy. Get free workouts, track your progress, and unlock achievements with this fitness app. They also offer an option to hire a personal training coach who will use a fitness assessment to make a personalized workout and nutrition plan for you. The app is free, but getting a personal coach starts at $30/month. Use code: 4darunofit20 to get $20 off your first workout program.
- FitStar Yoga. FitBit also offers an app to help you achieve your personal fitness goals through yoga. The app will create a workout for you and guide you with videos to help you perfect your poses. The app is free, but you need to get the Premium version to unlock all features. Hint: you can save money by purchasing a yearlong subscription over a monthly one.
- Fooducate. Fooducate is a free app that educates you on the nutritional value of the foods you eat in order to help you make smarter decisions. You can track your calories and your activity in the app and get a personalized grade on how well you’re eating each day.
- Google Fit. Google’s free fitness app offers customized coaching based on your health and activity levels. Users earn move minutes and heart points that help motivate you to make small, healthy decisions throughout the day. You can also track your activities like running and hiking in the app.
- Lose It!. This app creates personalized daily calorie plans based on your body and your goals. You can use the app to track all of your calories from the foods you eat with a barcode scanner, log your exercise, and stay up to date on your progress. They’ve also teamed up with Helix for their embodyDNA program which gives you information about your personal diet and weight loss based on a DNA sample. The basic plan is free, but you can get their premium service for just $3.33/month.
- Mindful Eating Tracker. Created by Tracknshare apps, this app takes the focus off of calorie counting and helps you be more mindful of when you’re feeling hungry and when your desire to eat is related to other emotions. You can also track patterns over time to help learn your triggers. Get the app for $2.99.
- Nike+ Training Club. Nike offers users access to over 100 workouts designed by their trainers and professional athletes including Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova in this free app. The app builds you a personalized workout that adapts to your needs over time, plus you can get video and audio guidance to make sure you’re motivated and using perfect form every time.
- Noom. This app uses cutting-edge technology and psychological tools to help you achieve your weight loss goals. When you join, you’ll fill out a survey with details about yourself and what you’d like to achieve, and they’ll develop a plan for you and connect you with your own remote Noom coach. Get a free 14-day trial when you get the app.
- Rise. Rise connects you with your own personal dietitian who helps you make smarter food choices. You send your trainer pictures of your meals and information about your exercise, and they’ll give you useful feedback to help you improve. You can save $24 by getting a three-month subscription instead of monthly.
- Runtastic. Runtastic offers a bunch of different apps based on your fitness goals. You’ll get personalized training and nutritional plans all customized for your body and your needs. Save up to 60% on their Premium plans by getting a one year subscription versus a monthly one.
- Spark People. This site helps you stick to your fitness and nutrition plans by offering free personalized fitness programs, a calorie counter, and a community support network of 15 million other people working towards the same goals as you.
- Studio. Studio offers boutique-style running classes for treadmill and outdoor running, suited to people of all skill levels. You can also compete with other runners and earn Fitcoins which can be exchanged for virtual and physical goods from Studio. Get a free two-week trial when you sign up, plus save by getting an annual subscription instead of monthly.
- Super Skinny Me. A wealth of information on nutrition and workouts, this free site has diet and fitness plans, calculators, and blog articles that can guide you through your fitness journey.
- YAZIO. This app has helped over six million people reach their health and fitness goals with their calorie tracker. The app is free and also lets you track your fitness activities.
- Zombies, Run!. Escape from zombies and meet your fitness goals with this gamified training app. Whether you walk, run, or jog, you’ll receive missions that will motivate you to exercise, and there’s a zombie chase feature that encourages you to do interval training. You’ll need to subscribe to Premium to get most features, but you can save by getting an annual subscription for $24.99.
Getting healthier and losing weight isn’t an easy thing to do. But, having help like the programs and plans we’ve listed here is a surefire way to improve your chances of success. Equipped with these resources and a whole bunch of will power, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your health and fitness goals.
We’ve got plenty more articles on our site with useful information like this to help you meet your goals while saving money and sticking to your budget. And, while you’re here, be sure to take a look at the Knoji homepage where we’ve answered thousands of questions about how to unlock discounts at your favorite retailers.