Wayfair vs IKEA vs Overstock: Furniture and Home Décor Stores Reviewed
Wayfair carries everything for your home from furniture to glassware to home décor. You can shop on Wayfair by their main categories, top categories or shop by room. They are one of the largest online retailers in the world for home products and home décor.
Wayfair carries over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.
Wayfair carries several of their brands of furniture and products plus hundreds of other manufactures products including:
- Joss & Main
- Birch Lane
- All Modern
- Dwell Studio
- Wayfair Supply
With a catalog hundreds of times larger than any Sears and Roebuck ever produced, they carry about anything you might need. Customers at Wayfair can search for their products a number of ways, by departments, rooms and by inspiration. Their products include:
- Living room: Sofas and sectionals, futons, chairs and recliners, TV stands, coffee and end tables and custom upholstery.
- Bedroom: Beds, headboards, dressers, nightstands, mattresses, bedroom sets and armoires.
- Kitchen and dining room: Dining tables, dining chairs, bar stools, dining room sets, kitchen islands and sideboards and buffets.
- Bed and Bath: Faucets, shower heads, vanities and many more bathroom products.
- Accent: Ottomans and poufs, accent tables and chairs, cabinets and chests and room dividers.
- Office: Desks, office chairs, bookcases and filing cabinets.
- Windows: Curtains and drapes, blinds and shades, curtain rods and accessories and outdoor window treatments.
- Entry and mudroom: Coat racks, plants stands and tables, console tables and storage benches.
- Outdoor: Patio furniture, hot tubs and saunas, outdoor décor, lawn and garden, outdoor cooking, outdoor heating, outdoor lighting, camping and hiking and much more.
This is just a partial list of all the furniture and home décor products that Wayfair carries. Most of their products are produced by mom and pop shops and they carry many products that are hard to find and possibly one of a kind products.
- Wayfair offers free shipping for all orders over $49 in the continental United States, otherwise shipping is a flat rate of $4.99.
- Wayfair has several awards for customer service and internet retailer of the year awards.
- Their online store features many deals for upcoming holidays and events.
- Their website also has an online registry.
WayFair Customer Reviews
Wayfair has many various reviews online and customer ratings including the following:
- SiteJabber rates them 2.5 out of 5 with most customer complaints dealing with terrible customer support, slow delivery and a bad return policy.
- Wayfair has great reviews on Houzz.com, which is mainly known for their comments about home remodeling project reviews.
- Their rating on Resellerratings.com is 5.7 out of 10 with 59,000 reviews.
- Consumer Affairs gives Wayfair an overall satisfaction rating of 4 out of 5 based on 1,580 ratings.
- Wayfair also includes an Idea and Advice website and blog for all kinds of advice to help you decide how to decorate your home.
A few customer comments from Consumer Affairs include:
- "Very pleased with the customer service. Would rate Wayfair CS a notch above any other online merchant I've done business with. I had two issues, fairly minor, that were promptly and satisfactorily addressed, followed up by a phone call."
- "I've had a wonderful experience with Wayfair. Because I'm an interior decorator, I could get 20% off everything I order. But I have chosen not to do it that way. I've ordered several things from them and quality of their products is wonderful. I did get a chair that I had to return because it was defective. The cushion kept falling out of the chair when I'd sit in it. But they refunded all my money and didn't charge me to restock it. They took care of it."
- "I ordered a jewelry cabinet about 3 weeks ago. First order I placed with Wayfair. I usually use Amazon but the jewelry cabinet I found was a pretty good deal on Wayfair. I received the cabinet after a week and the box it came in was battered up. The cabinet had a scratch on the front. The color was not the same as described on the site. I received no receipt in the box or via e-mail. I had no idea how to return item."
My order was automatically cancelled because my ship-to and bill-to addresses were different. No phone call or follow-up email, just cancelled. Kudos to customer service. They flagged my account for manual processing and I re-ordered the items.
Customers can find even more deals on Dealspotr.com including the following deals:
- Sign Up For Emails and Save 10% (First-Time Customers Only) at Wayfair
- Daily Steals Up To 70% Off. Launch Everyday at 12 EST at Wayfair
- Free Shipping On Orders $49+ (No Code Required) at Wayfair
IKEA is a well known worldwide furniture store that believes in selling a wide range of furniture that is not only of good quality, but also affordable. IKEA was founded in 1951 by Ingvar Kamprad, which is the first two letters of IKEA. The second two letters represent the farm and village where he grew up.
The IKEA website includes step-by-step instructions for buying a new kitchen and guides and plans that can help you remodel each room in your home with new furnishings.
IKEA sells furniture for every room of your house, including cabinets for the bathroom sink. You can browse for furniture by looking through the following categories:
- Living room
- Children’s IKEA
- Kitchen furniture and appliances
- Business and offices
- Textiles and rugs
IKEA furniture is mainly known for their affordability. They make affordable and decent furniture that you will assemble yourself. Some might associate cheap prices for cheaply made, but their furniture will not fall apart after a year of use and in many cases, certain pieces of IKEA furniture like tables and dressers can last years and years with proper use.
IKEA does not sell furniture made out of antique oak, but you will find their products are nice looking and of decent durability. Some of their furniture is made of Medium-density fibreboard (MDF), so it will not be as sturdy as higher end furniture, but with decent care, it will not break soon after you buy it either.
IKEA furniture is affordable which makes it perfect for a young couple furnishing their first home and for customers that just want nice and affordable furniture. You will not find collections or designer furniture, but you will find nice looking furniture at a good price.
IKEA Family members can get a free in-home visit and a detailed kitchen plan from a professional planner. The IKEA website also includes many helpful articles about planning a kitchen redesign.
IKEA has an online chat that can answer all of your questions and they have an extensive customer service FAQ. Their website includes a stock availability page that allows you to check the availability of any item before you order it or before you go to their store. You can also get online manuals and assembly instructions for any of their products.
Shipping costs are determined by your zip code. Ikea will also deliver your purchase with delivery prices starting at $59.
IKEA Customer Ratings
Unfortunately, IKEA does not have great customer ratings with most complaints dealing with the wrong items being delivered and having to wait hours for customer service, terrible and rude customer service reps and days to wait just for the promised delivery.Overstock
Overstock carries a large selection of many different types of products at discount prices including furniture, home décor, bed and bath, home improvement, rugs, kitchen products, jewelry, outdoor products and watches.
Overstock Furniture and Home Décor Products
Overstock carries a huge selection of home and home décor products for your home that customers can search from the following main categories:
- Furniture for every room of the home or office.
- Home Décor include an art gallery.
- Rugs in all sizes and from major rug manufactures.
- Bed and Bath includes mattresses, bedding and more.
- Kitchen including furniture, small appliances, glassware, flatware and much more.
- Home Improvement features lighting, large appliances, heating and cooling products, tiles and flooring and much more.
- Outdoor includes patio furniture, outdoor décor, yard care and outdoor play.
- Jewelry features wedding rings, handmade jewelry, earrings, necklaces and bracelets.
- Watches for men, women.
- Products for Men, Women and Kids include clothing, handbags, shoes and beauty products.
- Baby Products shows baby clothing, toys, baby bedding and furniture.
- Overstock features many sales and clearance liquidations with up to 75% off that are announced on their website.
- Free shipping with all orders over $45 in the continental United States.
- They have their O Gold Club that rewards customers with many perks that include free shipping on all orders, 5% reward dollars, exclusive early sale announcements and much more.
- They ship internationally to over 180 countries.
Overstock Customer Reviews
Overstock does not have great reviews either with Consumeraffairs.com a rating of 1 out of 5 based on 122 ratings and 365 reviews. Many of the complaints concerned change of stated prices, defective products delivered, very slow shipping and poor customer service.Customer Complaints Note
It is important to remember that most people that have a complaint with a company will post on the internet, while those that have a positive experience will not take the time to report their happy experience with a certain company, though these ratings and customer comments are accurate as to customer experiences.