The North Face vs Patagonia vs Marmot vs Columbia: Outdoor Clothing and Gear Companies Reviewed
The North Face
The North Face sells all types of winter and outdoor gear and clothing for men, women and children. Whether you need clothing and shoes to get through the winter at home, or you are going hiking, camping, hunting or any outdoor activities during in any weather, The North Face carries the right products for you.
The North Face Products
The North Face carries the following products for men, women and children:
- Jackets and vests: Insulated and down, fleece jackets, hoodies, running and training, 3 in 1 jackets.
- Accessories like hats and gloves.
- Tops: Base layers, sweatshirts, casual and t-shirts.
- Bottoms: Casual, running, hiking, snow pants, skirts and training.
- Shoes include winter boots, hiking, trail running, casual and sandals.
In addition to their line of clothes and shoes, The North Face also carries equipment for the outdoors including:
- Technical packs
- Luggage and duffels
- Sleeping bags
Customers can also shop by activities like hiking, running, climbing, skiing, training and snowboarding.
The North Face Features
The North Face offers the following customer perks:
- Their products carry a lifetime warranty and are fully warranted against defects in materials and craftsmanship.
- Their footwear has a 1-year limited warranty.
- Products purchased online can be returned online or at any of their The North Face retail stores within 60 days.
- Sizing charts.
- VIP rewards program
The North Face Coupons
Patagonia sells clothing and gear for all types of outdoor activities for men, women, kids, babies and toddlers. Their mission is to make the best products, causing no unnecessary harm to the environment, and to use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.
Patagonia began as a small company that made tools for climbers. Alpinism remains their core business as they have expanded into clothes for climbers, skiers, snowboarding, surfing, fly fishing, paddling and trail running.
Patagonia carries the following products for outdoor products that include:
- Jackets and vests
- Sweatshirts and hoodies
- Snow and alpine pants
- Jeans and pants
- Board shorts
- Waders and gear
- Hats and accessories
- Activewear and yoga
- Swim wear
- Skirts and dresses
- Socks and underwear
Patagonia also carries a good selection of packs and outdoor gear including:
- Laptop bags
- Messenger and shoulder bags
- Sleeping bags
- Technical packs
- Duffel bags
- Water bottles
- And much more
In addition to all of their outdoor clothing and gear products, they also carry a line of food that includes:
- Wild sockeye salmon
- Green lentil soup
- Buffalo jerky
- Fruit and nut bars
- Food canisters
- Black bean soups
- 64 ounce vacuum insulated growler
- Bamboo utensil sets
- And much more
Patagonia offers free ground shipping with orders over $75 in the continental United States; otherwise they offer a flat rate shipping rate of $10 for UPS ground service in the continental U.S. They also ship to Hawaii and Alaska.
Marmot began in 1974 and has an interesting and extensive history of making outdoor clothing. They are well known in the industry as producing some of the best outdoor clothing products.
Marmot carries a good line of outdoor clothing, active wear and outdoor equipment for men, women and children including:
- Jackets and vests like insulated, waterproof shells, snow sports, fleece, softshell, component, windproof and training.
- Tops that include shirts and polos, t-shirts, hoodies, training and baselayer tops.
- Bottoms such as pants, softshells, training, waterproof shells, baselayer and shorts.
- Accessories include sunglasses, watches, hats and caps, gloves and mitts, camp pillows, tent footprints and belts.
In addition to their great line of outdoor clothing, they also carry a large selection of outdoor equipment such as:
- Packs and haulers, duffel bags, urban packs, hydration packs and luggage.
- Sleeping bags like down sleeping bags and synthetic sleeping bags.
- Tents including all kinds of tents from 1 person to 8 person tents.
Customers at Marmot can also search for products by the following outdoor activities:
- Alpine climbing
- Snow sports
- Trail run rides
- Urban exploration
Marmot offers free FedEx ground shipping within the continental United States with orders over $75. They also ship to Alaska and Hawaii.
Columbia has been making outdoor clothing and outdoor gear for 70 years. Based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, they are familiar with what it takes to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and safety.
Columbia carries outdoor clothing and foot wear for men, women and children. Their product line includes the following products:
- Jackets and vests that include rain jackets, shells, insulated and down, windbreakers, casual and more.
- Tops include short and long sleeve shirts, hoodies and baselayers.
- Bottoms like short, casual, performance and active wear.
- Foot wear includes hiking, casual, sandals, water, boots, athletic and socks.
Customers can also search by their favorite outdoor activity from categories that include:
- Ski and snow
Outdoor Clothing and Equipment Conclusion
These companies sell a large selection of outdoor clothing and outdoor gear. It is hard to compare prices, because each company sells so many different versions, designs and types of their own clothing. A quick look at their prices showed similar prices for many jackets and clothing products.
In addition to clothing, each company carries a good selection of outdoor products like tents, sleeping bags and backpacks. Columbia also carries clothing for golfing and fishing, but they do not carry outdoor gear like other companies do while Patagonia has a specific category for fly fishing clothes. Each company specializes in different outdoor activities.