7 Ready-to-Blend Smoothie Delivery Services That Deliver Right to Your Door
When you really want to eat healthy, but you don't love spending time in the kitchen, what can you do? As Daily Harvest's founder Rachel Drori says, meal prep for the week ahead on Sundays can be a daunting task.
You know how it goes — rinsing and chopping everything from your favorite smoothie fruits to sweet potatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas and chives. Looking for one-pan recipes for cooking each meal. You're pretty amazing with it for a few weeks, but does it ever last longer than that? Usually, the call of easy frozen meals and sandwiches is too strong!
But now? There's a new group of subscription services popping up, delivering the healthiest of superfoods, frozen and ready to blend into delicious dishes in a jiffy.
While most of these we'll cover today are primarily fruit smoothie delivery services, some provide more substantial menus, even including items like ginger and turmeric lattes, asparagus and cashew soups, vegan bone broth, and blackberry chia parfaits — each one brimming with optimal nutrients, ready for the freezer until you're hungry. Join us and see what's good about our top favorite smoothie delivery subscription services.
From our research on these subscriptions, we've decided upon the following best-in categories:
- Best grab-n-go breakfasts: Splendid Spoon
- Best variety besides smoothies: Daily Harvest & Splendid Spoon
- Best non-required subscription: The Frozen Garden and SmartFruit
- Most comprehensive program: (Incorporates mindfulness, intermittent fasting, and a detoxifying soup cleanse): Splendid Spoon
- Best for businesses/enterprise: SmartFruit
- Best for Canadians: Evive
When Daily Harvest's founder Rachel Drori grew tired of all the shopping and prep work necessary to serve her family the nutritious meals she wished for, she soon realized she wasn't alone. So, she aimed to solve that problem by creating a convenient smoothie delivery service featuring dishes for lunch, dinner, and snacks as well. Daily Harvest was born.
Daily Harvest is a totally plant-based ready-to-blend smoothie delivery company.
As mentioned above, Daily Harvest doesn't just do fruit smoothies. They also provide overnight oats combos, harvest bowls, soups, chia parfaits, and tasty hot drink blends.
More about Daily Harvest:
Price: For weekly plans, you can choose how many cups you want delivered from 6, 9, 12, or 24 cups, at $7.75 per cup. For the monthly option, you'll choose 24 cups at $6.99 per cup.
Plan/delivery frequency options: Choose from weekly or monthly plans, then build your box and wait for delivery.
Any options for specific diets? All of the items on Daily Harvest are vegan. You can also filter for various dietary needs and key nutrition benefits when building your box. Dietary needs covered include:
- high protein
- low carb
- low calorie
- low sugar
Best flavors: Best sellers include:
- Strawberry Peach smoothie
- Mint Cacao
- Blueberry Hemp
- Carrot Chia
- Pineapple Matcha
- Convenient pre-measured amounts and weekly (or monthly) delivery
- Long freezer life
- Daily Harvest ingredients are always picked at peak maturity, then flash frozen to preserve nutrient density and flavor
- Saves the prep time associated with healthy eating
- No wasted fruit or veggies, as is common when prepping and cooking for ourselves
- 100% non-GMO, organic, natural ingredients
- In one Daily Harvest smoothies review, it was noted that some mixes are hard to blend; be sure you have a high quality blender
- Takes up room in the freezer
- Some may consider it expensive
- They deliver in 95% of the U.S. - but 5% can't get Daily Harvest; check your zip code when you're choosing your box
Daily Harvest dishes are not only chef-created, but also nutritionist-supervised, so you'll get optimal nutrition as well as presentation and flavor — along with the ease of tossing everything into a blender with no prep work. Don't forget: you'll need adequate space in your freezer for the number of items you order, so be sure to look into that prior to delivery. And if you don't like what you get, you can cancel at anytime before your next order ships - see details here.
Our next smoothie delivery service, SmoothieBox, pops a shot of collagen protein into their superfood-packed, ready-to-blend smoothies - 20 grams of grass-fed collagen protein, to be exact.
Some believe collagen supports good joint health, as well as strong nails, skin, and hair. Others think it balances hormones and promotes gut health.
The super smoothies come in 3 unique flavors. The cacao smoothie tastes like 'chocolate pudding with a bit of crunch,' the green smoothie tastes like 'a spring garden,' and the clementine smoothie tastes like 'carrot cake with a little pep'.
More about SmoothieBox:
Price: $119 for each box of 20 16-oz smoothies.
Plan/delivery frequency options: Choose monthly or every other month. You get 20 smoothies and 20 collagen packs in each box.
Any options for specific diets? Each packet is gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free with no added sugar. They are working on a vegan option, but for now they are not vegan due to the collagen, which is cattle-derived.
Best flavors? Most popular smoothie packs include their cacao smoothie pack, clementine smoothie pack, and green smoothie pack, described here.
- Super easy to mix, just blend the contents of the smoothie pouch and collagen packet with 8 oz liquid (nut milks, juice, or water)
- Easy blending
- No added sugar or fillers
- Delivered in space-saving pouches
- Free delivery
- Full serving of veggies in every smoothie
- Limited flavors
- Options offered only include one box of twenty smoothies; no variation other than swapping out the 3 different flavors
If you don't mind the $119 price tag and limited types of smoothies, SmoothieBox could be for you. Save yourself freezer space by keeping the collagen packs elsewhere; they can be stored in the cupboard (or wherever you like) and do not need to stay frozen like the smoothie pouches do.
The Frozen Garden
For a few examples, there’s the “Napa-licious” green smoothie, with apples, kiwi, pear, avocado, cucumber, and more; the Berry-Nana-Rama has fig, strawberry, kale, flaxseed, orange zest, and more; and the Rollin’ Oats has dates, cinnamon, banana, oats, chia seeds, and more. They also offer plant-based protein powders for adding a little extra kick to your smoothies.
More about The Frozen Garden:
Plan/delivery frequency options: You can purchase these as you wish; there are no subscriptions.
Any options for specific diets? The Frozen Garden adds no sugar or chemical preservatives. They’re also non-GMO, gluten free and vegan.
- Jungle Breeze
- Detox Green
- Green Protein
- Rollin' Oats
- No subscription required
- Easy, pre-measured amounts
- Large and small sizes
- BPA-free packaging
- Sustainability focused company
- Spend more than $75 and get half off shipping; over $125 gets free shipping
- All smoothie varieties include a dark leafy green, making it easy to get your daily greens (Their Jungle Green Smoothie contains 180 percent of your daily RDA of vitamin K, just fyi)
- Ingredients are grown locally
- Available online as well as at retailers in 6 states - find one near you using this locator
- Gift cards available
- Some felt the amount of water directed for mixing the blends was too much; add a bit at a time to taste if you’d rather
The Frozen Garden is simple, straightforward, cheap, and delivered to your door without any extra fillers, chemical preservatives, or sugar. Just pop it in the blender, add 1.5 cups of water (or maybe slightly less or more to taste), then blend and serve - and the best part is: no subscription required!
Evive, which means 'more from life', is available for delivery in 7 flavors throughout Canada, each ready to blend and frozen into triangle-shaped cubes. The flavors include Asana, Yogi, Pure, Azteque, Samurai, and Touk Touk.
Each smoothie is frozen into a pie-shaped assortment of the frozen triangular cubes. If you're just in the mood for a snack, pop 4 of the cubes out; if you're hungrier, or wanting a full breakfast/meal, toss in all 8 cubes. Cover the cubes with nut or soy milk. You can leave it to melt in, or blend it up well, and voila! Perfect nutrition, delivered to your doorstep.
The Asana and Pure flavors are already available in certain grocery stores! The Aztec and other flavors will be exclusive to the website.
If you need to, you can skip a month, cancel your subscription, change your delivery address and add promo codes to your account anytime.
More about Evive:
Price: $45 for 12 smoothies; $3.75 per smoothie.
Plan/delivery frequency options: You can choose from weekly delivery or every 2, 3, or 4 weeks. Select 12 smoothies from among their flavors, and they'll be on their way to your doorstep soon. Deliveries take place on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
Any options for specific diets? None listed, but the Asana, Pure, Yogi, and Azteque smoothies each have between 8-10 grams of protein.
Best flavors? They have a new flavor, Viva, you can read about here.
- Free shipping throughout Canada
- 100% recycled and recyclable plastic. Also, all the materials used during our shipments are 100% recyclable, even the insulation
- Served in cubes, small enough pieces to let thaw a bit, and then distribute evenly throughout your beverage or smoothie bowl
- 4.8 stars on FaceBook after 176 ratings
- 4.7 rating on Google reviews after 15 reviews
- Free delivery across Canada
- High quality, excellent serviceNot
- Not available for delivery worldwide
Evive is perfect for busy Canadian parents, professionals, or students seeking the proper nutrition while navigating a steady stream of work and stress. Perfectly sized smoothie cubes can be added to juice, blended up for a snack, or added with protein mix and nut milks for a full meal.
Combining the benefits of a gluten-free, soy-free, low sugar, plant-based diet with intermittent fasting and over 40 dietitian and chef-created inspirations, Splendid Spoon offers meal plans to fit your lifestyle
More about Splendid Smoothie:
Price: Their recommended Program 2.0 is $135/week, and includes 5 smoothie breakfasts, 5 plant-based bowls for lunches, and 5 soup cleanses (4 drinkable soups and 1 bowl — and there’s even a vegan bone broth).
Plan/delivery frequency options: Your meal plan can be customized to your delivery preference of Wednesdays or Fridays weekly. You can cancel anytime as long as your next shipment has not been sent yet.
Any options for specific diets? Their plans are all vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. They're customizable, and all are suitable for those on elimination diets, sugar detoxes, or a paleo diet.
Best flavors? Customers liked the AB&J smoothie, the Blueberry Acai, and the Power Greens smoothie, as well as the Red Lentil Dal soup, Leek & Turnip Chowder, and the Carrot Turmeric Elixir (although they recommend heating that one up for best taste results).
- Maintains a 4.2 rating on FaceBook after 166 reviews
- Customize your own weekly menu
- The company also provides mindfulness training and a weekly meditation guide
- 40 flavors to choose from
- While you can grab-and-go with the breakfast smoothies, some felt the consistency was too thick this way and recommended a good blending first
- Some reported inconsistent quality of dishes from week to week
If you've never done any type of cleanse or health program other than Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers, Splendid Spoon may take some adjusting. The low sugar and optimal nutritive content make some options less appealing than something you'd find in the grocery store — but it's very likely much better for your body, too. If you're ready for something different, give this one a try. You can cancel anytime if you find it isn't for you.
When Project Juice expanded their menu to include superfood smoothies and bowls in 2014, customer reactions told them they were onto something great.
Spawned by Project Juice, San Francisco’s Sub-Zero Superfoods keeps eating healthy easy and breezy with their ready-to-measure frozen smoothie cups. Just peel off the film, add water to the designated line, and pop it all into the blender to mix.
And there's plenty of options to choose from including smoothies that lean heavily on healthy greens, fruits, proteins, or superfood bowls.
More about Sub-Zero Superfoods:
Price: Get an 8-pack of smoothies or bowls for $8.99 each; 12-packs come down to around $7.99 each, and 24-packs end up being about $6.99 each. Get your first box of smoothies for $49 when you use code BlendSZS.
Plan/delivery frequency options: You can order smoothies by the box and can choose boxes containing 8, 12, or 24 smoothies. Pick which types of smoothies you want and how many of each. While orders are subscriptions by default, you can cancel, skip, or change delivery frequencies (weekly, monthly, whatever) whenever you wish.
Any options for specific diets (keto, vegan, gluten-free, kosher)? All the options are gluten-free and dairy-free, and most are also vegan, aside from the Coffee Collagen smoothie and the Mango Turmeric.
Best flavors? The Coffee and Collagen smoothie optimizes brain, skin, and joint support, while the Avocado Orange is great for a morning energizer, the Acai Chia boosts immunity, and the Strawberry Banana probiotic blend gives a kick to the digestive and cognitive functions. And for the kid who won’t eat anything healthy, try the Mint Cacao smoothie. They’ll probably be hooked after the first sip!
- All boxes ship free nationwide
- Designed by a board certified nutritional consultant and top-rated plant-based chef
- All items are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and contain organic and locally sourced produce, whenever available
- All except for two items are vegan
- You'll get toppings with some of the smoothie bowls to add consistency
- Although they provide high quality options, there are fewer options than other sites
If you want to boost your daily superfood intake but you don't need all the extra, go for Sub-Zero Superfoods. No soups, no vegan bone broth, no meditation guides — just smoothies and smoothie bowls, made well, and delivered to your door.
NYC-based SmartFruit thinks fruit juice is great on its own. They just, "enhance (their) 100% natural fruit blends with powerful and functional superfoods" and leave the options up to you. Drink it as a juice or freeze it up/blend it with ice and sip it as a smoothie — or try it as a base or topping for a variety of beverages and dishes.
Both businesses and personal customers can enjoy SmartFruit, as a bottle is usually able to provide 30 cups of juice or 12 smoothies. Combine the two for a different consistency and you may find it works for topping lattes, sundaes, yogurt parfaits, or other drinks and dishes. Some have even used a splash in their water bottle to enhance the flavor, helping them reach their daily water intake goals as well. Others mix a spoonful in with their green tea for a flavorful natural sweetener.
There are currently 11 different SmartFruit juice blends available, each made of 100% non-GMO fruits, with no added sugars, colors, or flavors. Each 16 ounce smoothie offers 3 full servings of fruit, boosted with electrolytes, omega-3s, antioxidants, oat fiber, and more.
More about SmartFruit:
Plan/delivery frequency options: Order these products as you wish; there's no subscription offered or required.
Any options for specific diets? These are all:
- no added sugar, color, or preservatives
Best flavors? Customers love the:
- Perfect Peach
- Mellow Mango
- Harvest Green
- Blooming Berry
- Summer Strawberry
- Free shipping
- A little goes a long way
- Maintains over 4.5 star ratings after hundreds of reviews on Amazon, even from a chemo patient who wasn't feeling up for food or drink - SmartFruit helped their appetite!
- Impressive versatility
- Great for home or business use
- Not organic
- Some didn't like the flavor
- Some found it expensive
Excellent versatility, i.e. you can drink SmartFruit in a glass mixed with ice and soda water, blend with ice for a smoothie, drizzle over plain yogurt or a little vanilla ice cream for dessert, stir a spoonful into your tea or ice water for a flavor enhancer, etc. We think a container for $24.99 is a good value since you'll be using it so many ways. Give it shot in your drink or dessert!