Popular Acupressure Points Everybody Should Know to Treat Common DiseasesFitness Gear & Equipment
Acupressure offers healing and cure for most of the diseases. Numerous research studies show that acupressure is one of the successful natural remedy to get healing and cure from common diseases effectively. There are many easy to treat acupoints(acupressure points) which can be used to treat many common diseases like cold, flu, indigestion, pain, infection etc. In this article popular acupressure points are discussed which are few and easy to apply acupressure therapy. It may take few minutes to practice acupressure therapy as a first aid or temporary relief from many ailments. It is suggested to look for other related more points for a long time relief and cure to treat common diseases.
Popular acupressure points:
• GB 20 – just under the base of the skull in two small muscular grooves at the back of the neck
• GB 21 – on top of the shoulder, 2"-3" from the side of the neck
• GB 30 – near the "ball-joint" of the hips in the depression formed by squeezing the buttocks (relax before stimulating)
• Li 4 – on the back of the hand between the thumb and index finger, in the center of the large bone on your finger – to be probed inward toward the main body of the hand, directly on the bone
• Li 11 – on the extreme end of the outer crease of the elbow – bend arm tightly to find point (open arm and relax before stimulating)
• SP 6– on the front of the leg, just behind the shin bone – the width of one hand (three thumbs) above the crown of the inner ankle
• St 36 – in the trough or valley just away from the most prominent shin bone, the width of one hand (three thumbs) below the bottom of the kneecap toward outside of leg the width of one thumb.
• T 5 – on the forearm two thumb widths above the most prominent crease of the upper wrist, in line with the middle finger
• UB 54 – at the rear of the knee, in the center of the crease between the two ligaments
• UB 60 – in the hollow or valley behind the crown of the outer ankle
Note: Pregnant women should avoid using SP 6, Li 4, and St 36.
How to start acupressure therapy?
To find the appropriate point, read the description and look at the diagram illustrating the location of the point, and then find the general area on your skin. Gently probe the area until you find that point which gives you a "funny bone" feeling or is sensitive, tender or sore. Then press hard enough to make the point hurt.
You can use a steady pressure or a five seconds on and five seconds off rotating pressure for the time you stimulate the point. Usually one minute is sufficient for each treatment session.
Regular, systematic treatment usually gets the best results because the effects of Acupressure are cumulative. At first, frequent treatment is recommended. Treatment three times daily for five to ten minutes may be necessary. Or treat more frequent, such as every two hours, until you start feeling relief. You cannot overdose.
Some report almost immediate results; others may need a few weeks to get lasting results. Acupressure is safe. Side effects are very rare. Treat while sitting down and do not administer after meals.
Commond disease which can be treated with acupressure:
This list can be kept handy as there are few acupoints for each health condition, and it takes few minutes to treat the disease for quick relief. For chronic diseases you need to search for the other related acupoints to get cure.
• Allergies: Li4,11 SP6 St36
• Arthritis: GB20 Li4,11 St36 T5 UB60
• Asthma: Li4 GB20,21 SP6 St36
• Bronchitis: Li4 GB20,21 St36
• Cold and Flu: Li4,11 T5 GB20 St36 SP6
• Constipation: St36 SP6 Li4,11
• Diarrhea: St36, SP6 Li4
• Ear Infection: Li4,11 T5 St36 GB20
• Fainting: St36 Li4 GB20
• Fatigue: St36 GB21
• Fever: Li4,11 T5
• Hemorrhoids: Li11 SP6 UB60
• Indigestion: SP6 St36 Li4
• Infection: Li4,11 St36
• Insomnia: SP6 GB20 St36
• Menstrual Cramps: Li4 St36 GB20 SP6
• Motion Sickness: GB20 St36 SP6
• Multiple Sclerosis: GB20 UB60 St36 SP6
• Nausea: GB21 St36
• Pain Control: Li4 SP6 St36 Gb20 UB60
• Pneumonia: St36 Li4,11
• Sciatica: GB30 UB54,60 SP6
• Sinusitis: GB20 Li4,11 SP6
• Toothache: Li4,11 St36
• Vertigo: Li4 GB20,21 UB60 T5 St36