Matthew Goode Trivia: Facts About Watchmen's Ozymandias Matthew Goode
1. English actor Matthew Goode was born in 1978, Devon, UK.
2. He stands at 6' 2" (1.88 m).
3. He studied drama at University of Birmingham and later continued studying at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Arts (London).
4. In 2010, he starred in the romantic comedy Leap Year featuring American actress Amy Adams, who was nominated for 2 Oscars, both for supporting roles (in the movies Junebug and Doubt). The movie Leap Year is set in Ireland and Matthew Goode plays an Irish character named Declan. Amy Adams plays American Anna.
5. Matthew reportedly agreed to play in Leap Year not because of the script but the location. He wanted to be close to home. He lives in England and dislikes Los Angeles.
6. He thinks being English limits the diversity of roles he’s offered.
7. In 2009, he starred in director Zac Snyder’s Watchmen as Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias. He was the only character in the film whose superhero identity was made public. Zac Snyder also directed another comic book adaptation, the box office hit 300 starring Gerard Butler.
8. His co-stars include Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Emily Mortimer, Scarlett Johansson (Match Point), Ed Harris, Diane Kruger (Copying Beethoven), Mandy Moore, Caroline Goodall, Mark Harmon, Jeremy Piven, Annabella Sciorra (Chasing Liberty), Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Patrick Wilson, Billy Crudup, Malin Akerman, Carla Gugino (Watchmen), Piper Perabo, Lena Headey (Imagine Me & You), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Isla Fisher, Jeff Daniels (The Lookout), Colin Firth, Julianne Moore (A Single Man), Emma Thompson, Hayley Atwell, Ben Whishaw (Brideshead Revisited), Ricky Gervais, Ralph Fiennes (Cemetery Junction).
9. He is good friends with Brideshead Revisited co-star Ben Whishaw (Bright Star).
10. Watchmen co-star Carla Gugino also has a role in The Lookout.
11. In 2007’s crime/drama/thriller The Lookout, he plays a thief taking advantage of a young man named Chris with short term memory loss (played by 3rd Rock from the Sun’s Joseph Gordon-Levitt) by making help his crew rob the bank he is working for. He uses Isla Fisher’s character Luvlee as bait, as she starts a romance with Chris.
12. Matthew Goode’s The Lookout character is not the only villain Goode has played. His character in Watchmen does not have the best intentions for the rest of the world.
13. In the romantic comedy/drama Imagine Me& You, he played the long-term boyfriend/new husband of Piper Perabo’s character, only to lose her to another woman- the florist who did their wedding arrangements.
14. Cemetery Junction is a comedy from 2010, written and directed by Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais, who also created and wrote the hit British shows The Office and Extras together.
15. Matthew Goode has a daughter born in 2009.