Marc Blucas Trivia: 16 Facts About Buffy's Riley Finn Marc Blucas
Marc Blucas image via thecinemasource.com
1. Marc Blucas was born in 1972, in Pennsylvania.
2. His full name is Marcus Paul Blucas.
3. He stands at 6' 2" (1.88 m).
4. He is married to Ryan Haddon. They got married in 2009.
5. He is a pretty good basketball player. He got into college through basketball scholarship.
6. He is most famous for his role as Riley Finn in Buffy The Vampire Slayer series. He played Buffy’s love interest (after Angel, before Spike). He played Riley for 31 episodes. When Riley left Buffy, he made a comeback in one episode and was more than caught off guard when he realized Buffy was sleeping with Spike, a vampire she used to hate.
7. He is very proud of his role in Buffy.
8. Some of his roles are basketball players.
9. He has had many small movie roles as well as leading ones.
10. In 2007, he starred in the thriller The Killing Room alongside Shiri Appleby & Reiko Aylesworth. Coincidentally enough, both actresses are most famous for their TV show roles. Shiri Appleby played Liz in Roswell and Reiko Aylesworth co-starred as Michelle on 24 for several seasons.
11. In 2004, he co-starred in the romantic comedy First Daughter. First Daughter starred Katie Holmes and also featured Michael Keaton as the President. It was a year where different writers had similar ideas as Chasing Liberty was also made in 2004.
Chasing Liberty is also a romantic comedy about the President’s daughter falling in love, starring Mandy Moore as the First Daughter and Mark Harmon as the President. Mandy Moore’s love interest is played by English Matthew Goode.
12. First Daughter is a more actors' film- as one of the story writers is actor Jerry O’ Connell and the director is actor Forest Whitekar.
13. Chasing Liberty is currently rated at 5.8 on IMDB whereas First Daughter is rated at 4.7.
14. In 2007, Marc Blucas co-starred in the romantic comedy The Jane Austen Book Club alongside Maria Bello, Emily Blunt, Hugh Dancy, Kevin Zegers and Kathy Baker. He played Emily Blunt’s husband.
The Jane Austen Book Club tells the story of a group of women who form a book club that is centered on Jane Austen’s novels. Emily Blunt played a high school teacher who was torn between the excitement of the novels, the lustful student played by Kevin Zegers and her seemingly square husband Marc Blucas.