IQAir vs Blueair vs RabbitAir: Home Air Filters Reviewed and Compared
Indoor air quality is an essential thing to keep track of, especially for those with allergies. Fortunately, there are a number of excellent air filters out there designed for homes. Here are a few examples including which filters are best in different situations.
IQAir has solutions for both commercial and home air filtration. They offer three major air filtration products for home use including HealthPro Plus, Perfect 16, and the GC MultiGas.
- Free Manuals-If you lose the manual for your IQAir filter, you can just download it straight from the site. The technical specifications of the products are available here as well.
- HealthPro Plus for Allergies and Asthma-This unit was rated #1 by Consumers Digest and it focuses on helping you with allergies. The HyperHepa filtration can handle particular as small as 0.003 microns which is 100 times smaller than the standard. This is actually 10 times smaller than a virus.
- 0 % Financing-You can get 0% financing for 7 months for products like the HealthPro Plus. You have to pay a little under $150 at purchase, and then a little under $100 for 7 months. This does take an automatic application process so your credit could matter. The financing is only for those in the U.S.
- Perfect 16-This isn’t a single unit, and instead it’s a system you can install in your house that provides filtration to every room. The site says that it filters air as low as 0.003 microns. The system is energy efficient and doesn’t use anything potentially dangerous like ozone, UV or chemicals.
- 50 Times More Filtration-The “double V” design of the perfect 16 can pack more air filtration in a smaller space to make the filtration more efficient.
- GC MultiGas for Cigarette Smoke and Other Gasses-This unit is ideal for those who are worried about reactions to cigarette smoke and other types such as odors and chemicals.
BlueAir also has three main units with the Blueair Sense, the Blueair Classic and the Blueair Pro, with different versions of each available.
- LiveChat-BlueAir has a live chat option in addition to a phone number and fax number. The chat is easy to access right from the “Contact” page with the big green button.
- Eco Models-The Blueair Eco is focused on energy efficiency since it produces 95% less carbon emissions when compared to comparable models in other brackets according to the site.
- ElectroStatic Filtration-The HEPASilent tech uses both mechanical and electrostatic filtration to capture particles as small as 0.1 microns. This means it uses an ionizer to increase particle catching.
- Lightweight Models-The downside to many home filtration units is that they are really heavy and not meant to be sed. The Blueair 203 only weighs 25 pounds though, so you could move it form place to place easier.
RabbitAir has a number of extra features for support and shipping that make it stand out.
- Free Shipping and Returns-RabbitAir will actually ship everything to you for free and even elt you return it for free as well. The shipping is for 2 to 5 business days., though it does have to be in the continental United States.
- 90 Day Money-back Guarantee-RabbitAir has one of the longest money back guarantees around with a full 3 months. You can also send the product back with free shipping if you do it within that time period. You have to call the number on the site.
- 5-Year Warranty-You get 5 year warranty on everything from RabbitAir as long as you purchase right from them. This is also one of the best offers in the industry.
- Price Match Guarantee-RabbitAir lets you get a lower price if the price on a unit drops elsewhere within 14 days of your purchase. You do need to get a quote from the competitor though, and there are other restrictions as well.
- 24/7 Support-You can get support around the clock either through livechat or phone, so you don’t have to worry about business hours.
- Quiet Operation-The BioGS only produces 22.8 to 48.6 decibels. For comparison, the level of a whisper by most measures is around 20 decibels, and a normal conversion is around 50.
Head to Head
IQAir has three major products, starting with the HealthPro Plus which is $899. The GC MultiGas is $1,199, and the Perfect 16 requires a $295 deposit with the full installation costing $2,695. This means that IQAir really runs the gambit in terms of pricing.
The BlueAir Sense is cheaper than the cheapest IQAir with the Blueair 203 which is only $329. This unit covers 240 square feet. The largest non-pro unit is the Blueair 650e which is $849 and covers gas detection status as well as 700 square feet or more.
The BioGS has a number of different versions, with the cheapest being the BioGS Spa-550A which is $369 making it a bit pricier than Blueair. This covers 275 square feet or so which makes it comparable to the Blueair in terms of coverage. The most expensive is the MinusA2 780A which is $550 or so.
The support features for IQAir are a little light. They are also a bit unintuitive. The “contact us” form” is different than the “technical support” form, and it’s possible if you choose the wrong one you’ll be shunted around a bit. Beyond the form, you can call them or use their fax number, there doesn’t seem to be any live chat available.
Blueair has more support features than IQair since they also have the live chat where IQair does not. Blueair may be cheaper in general, but it also only filters particles as small as 0.1 microns according to the site, where Blueair goes as low as 0.003 microns. This is indeed 100 times better for IQair.
RabbitAir has one of the best set of extended features since they offer a 5 year warranty automatically, whereas Blueair only gives you 1 unless you apply for 5 years with a form that comes with the unit. Blueair also only offers 60 days instead of 90 on returns.