iPage Review: iPage vs. the Other Low-Cost Web Hosts (Working Coupon)
View the top 10 web hosting companies by number of customers and employees.
iPage is a large web hosting company competing in the low-cost / cheap web hosting market. The company was founded in 2004 and currently hosts over 1.6 million customers. They are known for providing reliable web service with a similar feature set with competing hosting providers at a much reduced rate. Read on to see where iPage web hosting does well and where it falls short of the competition.
- Year founded: 2004
- Number of employees: 800
- Number of hosted customers: 1.6M
- Price (basic web hosting): $2.99 / month
- Visit iPage
Advantages of iPage
- Unlimited hosting space and bandwidth at a lower price than most competitors
- Free domain with hosting purchase
- Free SiteLock security software and website badge
- Live US-based support agents
Disadvantages of iPage
- No upgrade option to a dedicated or VPS server
- Reports of slow MySQL connections
Reliability and uptime
iPage has high marks for reliability and site uptime. iPage is widely used internationally and is reported to have stable connections for most international users. There have been reports of some users having problems with MySQL connections, so if you have a heavy database application you might want to look into some of the other options.
- 99.9% server up-time guarantee
- Money back guarantee for 3 months
- 24/7 Phone and email support and live chat
- 100% green powered web hosting
iPage coupon codes: