Hyatt vs Marriott vs Hilton: Popular Hotels ComparedFitness Gear & Equipment
Need a hotel for business and want to know what the best business hotels around are? Or maybe you just desperately need to get away some place warm and bright where they are no yelling managers. No matter what you’re reason for wanting grade A hotels that won’t break the bank, these three are some of the best you’ll find anywhere, and each of them has their own draws.
Hyatt now has over 535 properties worldwide now, and a number of different brands. It was founded in 1957 by Jay Pritzker and has expanded to be the huge worldwide player it is today over just 50 years or so. You can get information about services at 1-800-323-7249.
- Hyatt Gold Passport- This allows you free nights with no blackout dates throughout the world. This includes Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt, Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House.
- Diamond Status
- #1 Best Overseas Hotel (2012 Travel Awards)
- Free Breakfasts (Diamond Members)
- Four Suite Upgrades (Diamond members)
- Free Nights with Hyatt Credit Card- If you spend $1000 in the first 3 months, you get 3 free nights. This also gives you platinum status if you’re a Gold member. Additionally, you get 1 free night every year on the anniversary of your card status. You also get up to 30% bonus on you Gold Passport points.
Marriott also has 500 locations nationwide, which make them just a little but under what Hyatt has, but largely comparable. The pricing is pretty similar as well. The Marriott Ritz Carlton is also one of the most famous hotel chains in the world, and it was bought out by Marriott recently, adding their 90 or so properties to the new parent company.
- Marriott Rewards
- Fast Email Turnaround time
- Gift Cards
- 60 Convention Halls
- “Renaissance Hotels” for Weddings Specifically
- “Look No Further” Best Rate Guarantee-Marriott guarantees that if you find a lower hotel rate than one that they offer , they’ll give you a 25 percent discount on top of matching the rate. In order for it to work, you have to first book a hotel room with Marriott. You then have 24 hours within the time of your reservation to find another rate for the same hotel with the same room type and reservation dates. If you do find this, you can submit a claim form and you’ll get the better rate and 25% discount.
Hilton has been in business for a staggering 92 years now. They have 540 hotels and resorts in 78 different countries, on all 6 of the inhabited continents on Earth. Hilton is one of the most recognizable names in Hotel around the world for a reason.
- Mobile Hilton App
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for Hilton Hotels
- Family Fun Packages- This includes packages such a ones between now and June 2014.
- Bed & Breakfast-Hilton has special rates for bed and breakfast combinations going between June 2013 and October 2014.
- 5% off for AARP members
- Hilton Guest Assistance
- Double Dipping- Those in the Hhonors program will earn both points and airline miles at the same time for staying in hotels, which makes it unique from other hotels.
Head to Head
Here are some examples of comparable prices, so as you can see, a lot of the prices are comparable for the three companies.
Hyatt $152 for one night in a 4 star hotel (Hyatt Harborside at Logan Airport)
$159 Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Hilton Boston Downtown-$152 for a 4 star rating hotel from AAA for one night.
Hilton has a bit of an advantage here due to their Double Dipping system, since you can get twice the benefit from your points, and they’re relationships with airlines gives you plenty of choice for this.
Here's a video with some info on the Hhonors program for Hilton.