How to Get Smooth and Glowing Skin NaturallyFitness Gear & Equipment
You don't need any special cosmetic products, if you want to get smooth and glowing skin. You can find all the valuable natural ingredients in your own kitchen. Get the tips and remedies you need to have smooth, glowing skin naturally.
Home Remedies for Smooth and Glowing Skin
- For smooth and glowing skin you must drink plenty of water. Your aim should be to drink eight to ten full glasses of water a day in order to notice a difference in your skin texture. When the body gets enough water it helps the body to flush out toxins and waste. But to enjoy the benefit of drinking water you should avoid all sugary drinks alcohol and carbonated drinks. Also try to eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water content. Along with drinking water you must also use clean water to wash your face at least twice a day.
- Antioxidants help fight free radicals and protect the skin from environmental damage. Some popular topical antioxidants include vitamins C and E, coenzyme Q10, green tea and many more. They can counter the damaging effects of the sun, reduce wrinkles and improve skin tone. Eat fruits and vegetables that contain these vitamins, as well, so you get them internally and externally. Whole grains, cereals, almonds, walnuts are very rich in Vitamin E, which makes our skin soft, smooth and supple.
- Avoid intake of excessive tea/coffee as it dehydrates the skin and blocks the absorption of nutrients making the skin look dull and dry. Instead consume green tea which is an excellent skin rejuvenator and antioxidant.
- Dry skin cells create buildup on your skin that leave a feeling of roughness and dull your complexion. Dead skin cells should be gently scrubbed away daily with an exfoliator. Choose an exfoliating scrub designed for sensitive skin - these scrubs are gentle and appropriate for regular use. You can also use baking soda as a cheap homemade exfoliant. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your normal cleanser and gently wash your face to scrub away dead skin. If you have oily skin you can exfoliate daily, whereas those with sensitive skin should exfoliate less often.
- Apply moisturizer. A good lotion will lock in moisture and plump up your skin, making it feel and look smoother. Rub it in well to help relax your muscles, and may reduce the appearance of wrinkling.
- Virgin coconut oil has the ability to restore and rejuvenate damaged skin. It heals, repairs and leaves your skin radiant. Coconut oil has excellent antioxidant properties and helps to destroy free radicals. It can also even out your skin tone, giving it a more healthy-looking texture and a subtle glow.
- Fresh tomato is a kind of natural skin toner. To make your skin soft and smooth, take some fresh tomatoes and mash it with the help of a grinder. Now apply this mashed tomato on your face. Leave it on for about five minutes and then wash it off with water. This can help reduce the size of your pores and if done daily, can result to a smoother, glowing skin. At the same time you can also apply tomato paste on pimples. Leave it for an hour and wash with water. This is an efficient remedy for treating pimples.
- Mix fresh cream with turmeric powder (just about a pinch) and a few drops of olive oil. Apply this on face and keep for 15 mins. This pack is very good to make dry skin into smooth and glowing skin.
- Mix some brown sugar and milk and apply to face and leave on overnight. It will leave your skin really smooth.
- Peel one cucumber and slice into small sections. Add to blender and turn into a paste. Apply to face, forehead and neck. Allow to set for 10 minutes and wash face with cool water to rinse paste off. The cucumber has natural toners that deep clean and relax skin.