HostBaby.com vs Wix vs Bandzoogle vs Squarespare vs Wordpress
HostBaby.com was established in 2000 by the same people who brought you CD Baby indie music distribution. Located in Portland, Oregon, they created HostBaby to give musicians, artists and authors the tools they need to grow their careers with an online presence.
HostBaby.com offers great website building tools for all artists and musicians with the following features:
- Live website editing: Complete design control, banners and background and the ability to choose fonts and colors.
- Email marketing: Unlimited email addresses.
- Unlimited pages: Customizable pages, sub pages and redirects.
- Photos, audio and video: Upload or embed videos, built in audio player and photo galleries and slideshows.
- Embed widgets: HostBaby widgets and third party widgets.
- Blog: You can add pictures, links and videos, RSS subscriptions and moderate comments.
- Selling: You can sell your products and is PayPal compatible.
- Web optimization: Storage and bandwidth, SEO and Google analytics.
- Events calendar: Include a venue database with Google maps.
- Social Media: Share buttons and integrated social icons.
HostBaby.com Prices and Plan Features
HostBaby.com has one plan for your own website for a cost of $20 per month. This includes the following:
- 5 free music distribution coupons at a $245 savings.
- Try for free for 30 days without any obligation and cancel at any time.
They also offer domain names that include extensions like com, net, org, rock and band. Their domain name prices range from $12.99 per year to $28.99 per year.
Wix was founded in 2006 and today is a leading website building platform for 90 million users in over 190 countries. User can design their websites using their tools without any coding experience needed for free.
Wix offers all types of website building tools and features including:
- Easy drag and drop editor with no creative limits or coding needed.
- App market includes powerful web apps and services to help you grow your website and business.
- One-pager websites makes it easy to get your business online with a simple and beautiful one-page template.
- Mobile friendly will also help your website look great on any device.
- Custom domain names available.
- Free and reliable hosting will keep your website safe and secure.
- Beautiful stock pictures.
- Search bars.
- SEO tools.
- Google maps.
- Online store features like product pages, store manager, a beautiful storefront and more.
Wix Plans and Prices
Wix offers several different plans including the following features and prices:
- VIP Plan: Priority support, unlimited bandwidth, free domain voucher for a yearly subscription of $300.
- eCommerce: Best for small businesses with 20 GB bandwidth, 20 GB storage, connect your domain name ability and a free domain voucher for $8.50 per month for a 1 year subscription.
- Unlimited: Best for freelancers and entrepreneurs that includes unlimited bandwidth, 10 GB storage and a free domain voucher for $7 per month ($7 x 12 months) for a 1 year subscription.
- Combo plan: Best for personal use includes 2 GB bandwidth, 3 GB storage and a free domain voucher for $10 per month for a 1-year subscription.
- Connect Domain plan: This plan includes 1 GB bandwidth and 500 MB storage for $5 per month for a 1 year subscription.
All of their plans come with a 14-day money back guarantee.
Bandzoogle began in 1999 with a vision to empower musicians to build effective websites for their music. Founder Chris Vinson for his alt-rock band, Rubberman, launched the website in 2003 to help all musicians.
Bandzoogle offers the following features for musicians to create a great website:
- Easy and beautiful website: Choose from over 100 mobile ready themes.
- Unique websites: You can customize your website with layouts, fonts and colors with their easy point and click editor including CSS.
- Connect: The ability to connect to your external services and social media easily without having to know HTML.
- Add your content: They make it easy to add your photos, text and music.
- Mailing lists.
- Sell tickets from your website.
- Fan data.
All of their plans come with the following:
- Free domain name
- Unlimited data transfer
- Friendly support
- Hundreds of mobile ready themes
- Reliable cloud hosting
- Blog, music player and more
- Commission free music store
Bandzoogle Plan Prices
Bandzoogle offers the following three plans:
- Lite: $99.48 per year or $9.95 monthly includes 10 pages, 10 tracks, 100 photos and 100 mailing list members.
- Standard: $149.88 per year or $14.95 monthly includes 20 page, 50 tracks, 500 photos and 1,000 mailing list members.
- Pro: $203.40 annually or $19.95 monthly includes unlimited pages, tracks, photos and mailing list members plus more features.
Squarespare was founded in 2004 and today has grown to a team of 580 talented people with millions of websites being created on their platform.
Their website shows many features for anyone to design and build their professional website. The following are just a few of their listed features.
- Offers a free trial with no credit card required
- Choose from hundreds of beautiful templates
- Create an online store
- Create your own wonderful website
- Custom Email
- Transparent pricing, no surprises
- Multiple templates per website and template switching
- Style editor
- Custom CSS
Choosing a Template on Squarespare
Squarespare offers many types of subjects and topics to search through for your website templates including:
- And many others
All Squarespare plans come with the following:
- Mobil optimized websites
- Powerful website analytics
- Free custom domain with annual subscriptions
- SSL security
- 24/7 customer support
- Fully integrated E-commerce
- Sell unlimited products and accept donations
Their prices and plans are:
- Personal: 20 Pages, Galleries, and Blogs with Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage, and 2 Contributors for $144 per year or $16 month to month. This plan also has a 3% sales transaction fee.
- Business: This plan includes Unlimited Pages, Galleries, and Blogs with Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage, and Contributors, a 2% transaction fee and $100 Google Adsense credits for a price of $216 per year or $18 month to month.
Wordpress is one of the most popular online website publishing platforms that are now powering more than 26% of the entire web. In business since 2005, you can start a blog or build a website in seconds without any technical knowledge.
With Wordpress, customers can accomplish the following:
- Build a blog or a full website.
- Add a custom domain name.
- Start for free and if needed, you can upgrade to a premium plan.
- Build a website that is mobile friendly.
- Hundreds of themes.
- Fast and friendly support 24/7 via email plus community forums.
Wordpress Plans and Prices
Wordpress has four different plans for you to choose from with the following prices and features:
- Free for life includes is a great way to publish and get your content on easily in 5 minutes. This plan will be the Wordpress.com domain name. There might also be Wordpress ads on your website.
- Personal costs $2.99 per month billed annually. Customers can get a custom domain name, 3 GB storage, basic design customization and the ability to remove the ads.
- Premium for $8.25 a month, billed annually is great for a unique website with advanced design tools, CSS editing, lots of space for audio and video, and the ability to monetize your site with ads. This comes with 13 GB of storage.
- Business is best for small business at a cost of $24.92 per month and includes unlimited premium and business theme templates, Google Analytics support, unlimited storage, and the ability to remove WordPress.com branding.
It is important to remember, if you are interested in a blog that you would like to put ads on to monetize your Blog, like Google Adsense, you cannot do that with the free or personal plans.