Glutathione, Skin Whitening Dietary Supplement
Glutathione known as ‘Nature’s Master Antioxidant’ is a protein which consists of three important amino acids including cysteine, glutamic acid and glycine. It is produced abundant in the body, however the production of glutathione declines at the age of 40 and drops by 20% by the age of 60. More to this, pollution, poor diet, toxins, medications, stress, trauma, infections and radiation can also reduce glutathione levels.
- Glutathione acts as a cellular antioxidant. Interestingly, it surpasses vitamin E by several million times its concentration.
- It protects the cells by preventing them from being damaged and also aids in their restoration.
- Glutathione helps the immune system in fighting infections and even in preventing cancer.
- It helps in the detoxification of the body by attracting toxins like some sort of a magnet. Glutathione carries these toxins into the bile and the stool then out of the body.
- Glutathione turns off the inflammatory response (arthritis, autoimmune diseases and even cancer) and respiratory ailments such as asthma and pneumonia.
- It restores the antioxidant power of vitamin C and aids in the control of hormones that are broken down in the liver.
- Finally it has a whitening effect on the skin.
Glutathione as a skin whitening supplement
Melanin is one of the two pigments responsible for the hair and skin color. While melanin comprises of the brown color, the other pigment – carotene is responsible for the yellow shade. Generally, the darker the color means the more melanin in the skin. With this, glutathione works its wonders in four ways:
- It binds with the color forming tyrosine (a precursor amino acid to melanin) to form a less colored pigment.
- It modifies black/brown/yellow melanin pigmentation (Eumelanin) to reddish white pigmentation (Phaeomelanin).
- It deactivates the free radicals caused by sun exposure.
- Its antioxidant activity lowers the rate of melanogenesis or the production of melanin.
OXI- White 500mg
Tathion 307 100mg
Glutatone L-Glutathione 800mg
Optimale L-glutathione 1050mg
PH338 Japan Glutathione 100mg
Dr. James Glutathione 100mg
Not only that glutathione is a whitening aid, it also helps in the overall rejuvenation on the body by eliminating the harmful free radicals that can cause damage. With this, the body is provided with a glow inside-out. Depending on the strength, it takes two to four weeks to see the improvement or the lightening effect of the glutathione. Taking glutathione in sensible amounts appears to be safe, although it should be avoided in people with milk protein allergies and in those who have received an organ transplant. In addition, most glutathione products are in combination with alpha lipoic acid which is not advisable to take during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Glutathione as supplement may not require an Rx but it is still best to consult a doctor before using this product.
Dietary alternatives: Sulphur rich foods as garlic, onions and the cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, collards, cabbage, cauliflower, watercress, etc.)
GLUTA-White food supplement leaflet