Free Continuing Education for Pharmacy Technicians
If you are a pharmacy technician, then you know that you must stay up to date and current with the amount of continuing education credits you have in order to get re-certified as a technician. But who says you have to pay for those continuing education credits? Many places will charge you for continuing education but there are lots of free resources available to you. Why pay when you can get your continuing education to stay certified for absolutely free?
All of the sources below offer free continuing education. Some of the sources offer both free continuing education and continuing education they charge a fee for. Only take the free classes and make sure to keep up with how many credits you have to make sure you have the correct amount for recertification.
Pharmacy boards do not care if you paid for your continuing education, they only care if you’ve completed enough hours of continuing education and you have the certificates or the numbers on the certificate’s to show for it. Remember also that you must complete one hour of law in continuing education for pharmacy so be sure to alwaysfree watch for free continuing education that would count towards the law requirement. Here is a listing of free resources to get free continuing education if you are a pharmacy technician or a pharmacist:
- Pharmacy Times: Pharmacy Times is a magazine you can subscribe to for free as a pharmacy technician. You can complete continuing education online via their website or you can complete continuing education that is mailed to you in their magazine and mail it back to them to receive a certificate and credit.
- Pharmacist’s Letter / Pharmacy Technician’s Letter: This is a great service if you are employed by a retailer or an employer who purchases this for all of their pharamcy associates. Unfortunately it is only free if you currently work somewhere that purchases a subscription for their workers.
- Prime Inc.: Offers various different continuing education credits.
- Free Walgreens Continuing Education: Walgreen's has their continuing education system that is free.
- American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacist: Many places that offer continuing education for pharmacist's offer continuing education for pharmacy technicians as well. This is a great example of just that.
- FREECE.com: FREECE stands for "free CE" or free continuing education. Many people in the pharmaceutical industry or field call them CE's for short, instead of continuing education.
- Drug Topics
- Drug Store News
- RX School: Offers lots of different CE's.
- U.S. Pharmacist
- University of Kentucky
- University of Texas