Five Things You Didn't Know About AdelaideFitness Gear & Equipment
Australia is a country which has an interesting and colorful past. Every Australian city has its own history which is unique in its own ways. One of the most famous cities of Australia is Adelaide. We all know the fact that it's the capital of South Australia, and that it's the fifth largest city of Australia. There are many historically significant interesting facts about the city, which are usually unknown to the world. After knowing these facts the city of Adelaide, would never be the same for you.
Five Things You Didn't Know About Adelaide
1. Land of Free Settlers Adelaide was founded as a colony for the free settlers. This is the only capital in Australia which has been inhabited by the free settlers since its origin. During its initial days all the inhabitants of the city were free settlers. Therefore, it was believed that there would be little crime in the city and there was no prison built in Adelaide for many years after it was established. After the criminals started taking advantage of the lack of police force, prisons were built in Adelaide.
2. City of Churches It is unknown, who named Adelaide the City of Churches, but this was the first thing that brought this city into prominence. The name truly suits the city as you can easily find many churches which boast great designs. The oldest church in the city is the Holy Trinity Anglican Church and was built in the year 1938. As the population of the city increased, so did the number of churches. The designs of the churches reflect the different styles of the times when they were constructed.
3. 20 Minutes City Adelaide is a city which is famous for being easily accessible. It is said that anyone can reach any point of the city in a time period of nearly 20 minutes. Therefore, this city is also called the 20 minutes city. All the places in Adelaide like the beautiful beaches, its airport, the city center, are easily accessible and can be reached in 20 minutes. It's said that when staying in hotel in Adelaide you can reach most of the major places in the city in 20 minute by walking. This shows the efficiency of the infrastructure and planning of the city.
4. Adelaide Has Suburbs for Every Age Group On the basis of data collected from Australian bureau of Statistics it was found by KPMG, that Adelaide is a city which has suburbs with residents which are of common age groups. For example, the suburbs of Elizabeth have most births in the city. Most of the students attending the university reside in North Adelaide. Most of the divorces were in Port Adelaide. Novar Gardens is the favorite place for the retirees.
5. Oldest Glasshouse in Southern Hemisphere is in Adelaide Botanic Garden in Adelaide is the biggest and the oldest glasshouse of the southern hemisphere. This makes this glasshouse a famous tourist attraction. The material for the construction of glasshouse was imported from London.
Conclusion Most people don't know about the above facts about Adelaide, which are related to its history and culture. However, these are the things that make this city special.
Thanks to girls Anna and Melissa who spend 2 week in Adelaide and explore accommodation in Adelaide, restaurants, history and all interesting facts related to this amazing city.