Active ingredient- Erdosteine
Ectrin indications/ uses
Ectrin (Erdosteine) is indicated for treating severe bronchitis, constant bronchitis as well as its exacerbations. It may as well be used for treating respiratory problems portrayed by uncharacteristic bronchial discharge and damaged mucus transportation.
Ectrin (Erdosteine) may as well be used for treating other sickness not listed above.
Dosage and administration
Ectrin Capsule: a capsule 2 to 3 times every day.
Ectrin Suspension: Adults as well as Children over 30 kg: 10 mL of Ectrin Suspension (or 2 tablespoon) two times every day.
Children between 20 to 30 kg: 5 mL of Ectrin Suspension (or a tablespoon) three times every day.
Children between 15 to 19 kg 15-19 kg: 5 5 mL of Ectrin Suspension (or a tablespoon) two times every day.
Direction for Reconstitution: To compose 60 mL suspension: Include 42 mL of water and mix properly till all the powder is evenly mixed.
To compose 100 mL suspension: Include 70 mL of water and mix properly till all the powder is evenly mixed.
- Recognized allergic reaction to erdosteine or any other active ingredients.
- For the reason that of a probable intrusion of erdosteine metabolites with the methionine metabolism, erdosteine is no recommended in subjects experiencing hepatic cirrhosis and insufficiency of the cystathionine synthetase enzyme.
- Ectrin Suspension: Phenylketonuria, because of existence of aspartame.
- Influences the capability to Drive or control Machinery.
- Use with caution during pregnancy and lactation: The efficacy of erdosteine at some stage in human pregnancy has not been recognized and consequently, as with all new medicines, its intake is not suggested. Ectrin is furthermore not suggested during breastfeeding.
Ectrin (Erdosteine) side effects
No GI disorders or systemic adverse reactions owing to Ectrin have been experienced. In case any side effects occur and become problematic consult a doctor.
No injurious reactions have been monitored with other drugs and Ectrin can consequently be used along with bronchodilators and antibiotics.
Ectrin (Erdosteine) is from the group of mucolytics and is administered for taking care of wet cough.
Keep at a temp. less than 30°C. Don’t expose to direct sunlight.