Appebon with Iron Capsule
Appebon with Iron Capsule
Active ingredients- 25 mg of Buclizine HCl, 10 mg of vitamin B1, 5 mg of vitamin B6, 10 mcg of vitamin B12, 25 mg of elemental Fe (as 76 mg of Fe fumarate).
Appebon uses/ indications
Appebon with Iron Capsule are generally used for treating poor appetite, anorexia nervosa and underweight. It also is used for dietary support in post operation cases, metabolic problems and period of recovery.
Appebon may as well be used for treating other ailments not listed in the above list.
Dosage and administration
One capsule of Appebon every day. Recommended to use it after food, administering it on empty stomach may induce GI disorders.
- Contradicted in patients hypersensitive to any of its active ingredients.
- Subjects suffering from primary hemachromatosis, prostatic hypertrophy and angle-closure glaucoma.
- Consult your doctor before using Appebon with Iron Capsule during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Consider the risk reward ratio associated with the drug before use.
- The drug may cause drowsiness, avoid operating machinery, driving or doing tasks requiring high mental alertness after using Appebon .
- Appebon decreases the efficacy of L dopa.
- It interacts with CNS depressants and alcohol. Avoid using alcohol and NS depressants during therapy period.
Appebon side effects
All medicines are prone to adverse reaction but not all patients using Appebon may suffer from any of the side effects listed below.
Common side effects
Some of the side effects include sleepiness and dulling of mental attentiveness, headache, dry mouth, jitteriness, nausea and tiredness. These side effects are fleeting and pass away as your body adjusted to the active compounds. Inform your physician in case any of these Appebon adverse reactions become persistent and troublesome.
Severe side effects
Rare reports of hypersensitivity have been reported. Symptoms include sever rashes, hives, swelling and inflammation of the face, lips, tongue, throat, mouth and eyes, problem in breathing, chest pain and painful urination. Stop using the drug immediately and seek for urgent medical help in case any of these symptoms occur.
This may not be the total list of possible Appebon side effects, inform your doctor in case any additional symptoms occur and become bothersome.
The Unilab website states that it is a prescription drug in the United States, but they do not state that for their other product, Appebon Kids. It appears that you can buy it on Amazon, so it might or might not be a prescription drug, make sure to check with your doctor.
One danger is taking too much iron and or the vitamins B’s if you also take a multi vitamin. Taking too much iron for men and woman past menopause can be bad for your health. Appebon is a supplement and not a medication, so beware of the product you take.