Analmin (Mefenamic Acid)
Analmin (Mefenamic acid)
Active ingredients- Mefenamic acid.
Analmin (Mefenamic acid) is taken to relieve from swelling, pain and inflammation. It may as well be administered for other ailments not listed above.
Dosage and administration
Use the drug precisely as instructed by your physician. Avoid administering more than the dosage recommended by your physician.
Always use the drug along with food or right away after a meal. Avoid using it without food.
Your physician might also recommend various antacid drugs to be administered with Analmin. If you have been prescribed antacids, chew the antacid drug prior to gulping it down and administer it at the simultaneously with Analmin.
Avoid Analmin if you:
- are pregnant or lactating;
- have a past record of sensitivity (inflamed mouth or eyes, problem in breathing, skin rashes) to related painkillers like indomethacin, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, meloxicam or piroxicam;
- have a past record of blood loss from the stomach or stomach ulcers;
- have soreness of the bowels (intestines);
- suffering from asthma;
- have troubles with blood coagulating;
Inform your physician if you have any of these situations.
Analmin side effects
Analmin is expected to induce stomach uneasiness like nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Don’t forget to use it along with your meal and the antacids, if advised.
If you suffer inflammation of the mouth, face, lips, throat or eyes, skin rashes or have trouble in breathing, you might be sensitive to to Analmin. Avoid using the drug and consult your physician promptly if this takes place.
Inform your physician if several of the following signs are acute or persistent:
- diarrhea, stomach pain, dizziness, extraordinary tiredness and buzzing or perky sound in the ears;
Some adverse reactions can be severe and require instant consideration. These are frequently more of a worry with long-term administration and are generally not a setback with short period or infrequent use. Inform your physician swiftly if you suffer from any of these adverse reactions:
- breathlessness ,chest pain, black and sticky bowel movements;
This may not be the complete list of possible Analmin adverse reaction, consult a doctor for additional information on the subject.