16 Fun Facts Actor Ashton Kutcher - Kelso from That 70s Show
1. Ashton Kutcher was born in 1978, in Iowa.
2. Being one of the tall actors in the movie industry, Ashton stands at 6' 2½" (1.89 m).
3. He was studying to be an engineer when he was offered a modeling gig.
4. He quit school to become a model.
5. He co-wrote, produced and presented the reality/comedy show Punk’d, where he and his crew would fool celebrities into thinking that they were in serious trouble. He would later show himself and tell them that they were Punk’d. The show aired on MTV and went on 4 seasons, from 2003 to 2007.
6. He dated Just Married co-star, the late actress Brittany Murphy.
8. He is reported to be getting along fabulously with Demi’s three daughters from her previous marriage to actor Bruce Willis. In fact, Ashton and Bruce are also getting along well- a relationship that was referenced in Michelle Pfeiffer’s 2007 movie I Could Never Be Your Woman where Michelle played a 40-year-old screenwriter who fell in love with a 29-year-old actor, played by Paul Rudd. Michelle’s ex on-screen husband was joking about how the three of them could be like Bruce, Demi and Ashton. Interestingly enough, 2 years later, Ashton and Michelle starred together in Personal Effects and played love interests. Michelle is 20 years Ashton’s senior.
9. Michelle is not Ashton’s only older on-screen partner. Again in 2009, Ashton starred in the sex comedy/drama Spread, where he seduced Anne Heche’s rich character. However Anne is only 9 years senior. Michelle also took a younger lover on screen that year, starring against Rupert Friend in Chéri. Rupert is 2 years Ashton’s junior. And just like Michelle Pfeiffer’s character in Chéri lived off of her rich lovers, Ashton’s Nikki did the same in Spread.
10. Ashton co-starred in the successful sitcom That ‘70s Show for years as the womanizing, handsome but really gullible and not-so-smart Kelso. His co-star was Topher Grace. The two appeared in 2009’s romantic comedy Valentine’s Day together.
11. He often stars in comedies and romantic comedies. Examples are Dude Where’s My Car, Just Married, My Boss’ Daughter, A Lot Like Love, Guess Who, Killers, What Happens in Vegas and Valentine’s Day.
12. His other movie genres include drama (The Guardian, Personal Effects), political drama Bobby and the cult hit The Butterfly Effect, which combines fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, drama and romance.
13. His female co-stars include Jennifer Garner, Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway (Valentine’s Day), Brittany Murphy, Cameron Diaz (What Happens in Vegas), Katherine Heigl, Amy Smart, Amanda Peet, Demi Moore (Bobby), Michelle Pfeiffer, Anne Heche
14. He has appeared in two ensemble cast movies. Valentine’s Day and Bobby. Bobby is a movie by actor Emilio Estevez and features Anthony Hopkins, Lindsay Lohan, Joshua Jackson, Helen Hunt, Heather Graham, Emilio Estevez, Laurence Fishburne, Christian Slater and Sharon Stone.
15. He and his wife Demi share a co-star: Cameron Diaz. Ashton played opposite her in the romcom What Happens in Vegas and Demi played in Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.
16. He is an avid Twitter user