There’s no end to our love for the unhealthy food. Believe it or not, it’s true. How many of us want to go for healthy food rather than spicy, oily foods that taste better? Remember, every time you eat a burger or drink a soda it only damages your health. Here’s a list of ten worst foods that you eat daily and enjoy . . . only to damage your health!
1. Doughnuts: Is this your favourite? Let’s see what it contains. Doughnuts are full of free radicals and Trans Fats (35-40%), very high in sugar, calorie dense (200-300 calories) and to make the matter worse, it’s full of white flour.
2. French Fries: High in free radicals and high in Trans Fats. High in Acrylamide and cooked at high temperature in vegetable oils. When you consume food that is fried in vegetable oils you tend to gain weight. Also, this contributes to aging and clotting.
3. Chip: Any chips – corn, potato, tortilla all are full of Trans Fats and Sodium. Adding to that these foods contain high carcinogenic Acrylamide (up to 25 mcg per serving).
4. Hotdogs: Hotdogs are high in calories, fat and sodium. Processed meats such as sausage, jerky, bacon, hot dogs, use nitrates to preserve color and maintain microbial safety. Nitrate can convert to nitrite, which can form nitrosamines, a powerful toxic chemical, in your body.
5. Fried Non-Fish Seafood: Fried shrimps, oyster, lobster, clams are high in Trans Fats and Carcinogenic Acrylamide and also loaded with Toxic Mercury.
6. Margarine: Here’s some facts about Margarine-
• Trans Fats are man-made fats that occur in foods when manufacturers use hydrogenation, a process in which hydrogen is added to vegetable oil to turn it into a more solid fat.
• Hydrogenation changes the liquid vegetable oils to a solid
• Hydrogenation process requires the use of such toxic catalyst-metals such as nickel, palladium, platinum or cobalt
• While it is true that margarine contains no cholesterol, the process of hydrogenation changes not only the physical form of the oils, but alters the way they are metabolized by the body
• Most of the beneficial oils have been changed to trans fatty acids.
• Increases Lp(a) lipoprotein, a type of LDL cholesterol found in varying levels in the blood
• Raise triglyceride levels
• Increased risk of coronary heart disease
7. Sugar And Artificial Sweeteners: Avoid artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners contain Sucrose, Dextrose, Corn Syrup and Brown Sugar.
8. Salt: Our body needs salt. But it must be in organic form in order to be useful for the body. Table salt, sodium chloride, is an inorganic sodium compound that combines with chloride. It is extremely toxic to the body and causes the body to retain fluid. High intake of this substance thickens and stiffens arteries and increases the risks of strokes, and cardiac failure.
9. High Saturated Fats: Saturated Animal Fats. That means fatty meats, especially beef and pork, or the skin on poultry. It also includes full-fat dairy products such as cheese, milk and cream.
10. Soda: Soda is high in sugar and also high in Caffeine, loaded with artificial colors and Sulphites. There’s a thought that diet soda is okay for health but it should never replace water or milk as a source of hydration. You must note, Soda has no nutrition value and on the contrary it causes weakened bones and tooth decay and is bad for the heart.
Interested in More on Health? Read more: How to lose weight in a healthy way