How to create back links and improve website's or blog's page rank. Back links is one of the important factors in improving page rank and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of websites or blogs. Creating several quality back links can also improve page rank.
Page Rank or PR was implemented by search engines to identify the importance of a page. Search engines are all trying to produce quality searches so they are “ranking” pages of websites/blogs for them to produce search result lists that are more relevant and important to what the searchers are looking for. There is no “exact science” on how search engines are doing this page ranking. Search engines, like Google, have a secret algorithm on how they are ranking the page of websites and they just give web developers or bloggers some “clues” on how they perform this ranking. These “clues” are known as SEO or Search Engine Optimization. There are different factors that cover SEO, but the most important of all, and the most difficult of all are “Back Links”. Creating several back links will also improve page rank (PR) or websites or blogs.
Back links are page URLs placed in other pages. In placing back links of a website/blog to other pages, one must consider that these other pages should have similar contents. Otherwise, placing back links of pages that are not related to a website/blog’s contents will be considered spamming by some search engines. Good pages to put back links are pages with similar contents and already have high page ranks. Google page rank ranges from 0 to 10 (10 as the highest).
Note: The search engine mathematicians continually change their page rank calculations. Having a high PR doesn’t guarantee that a website or blog will always be placed in the first page of search results.
Now, here are some tips on how to create back links and improve blog’s page rank:
1. Join Social Networking Sites and Social Bookmarking Sites. Social networking sites are now gaining more members than any other websites online. These are good sites to put back links since there are greater chances that back links could be clicked in these sites. Social networking sites also have some unique features that can be helpful to even increase more the number of back links. The “like” button of Facebook “tweet” button of Twitter and other “easy-to-create” back links features of social networking sites can come in handy in creating several back links.
Social bookmarking sites, on the other hand, are similar to Social networking sites, but these sites are more focus on sharing pages. And these are excellent sites to place back links (Example site: Digg, Stumble Upon, etc.) wherein shared links in this sites displayed the entire page shared.
Note: You need to gather several friends or followers in these sites to make your back links more visible to many people. And the more friends or followers you have in these sites, the more chances that you back links can be spread through the site. These are good sites to place back links since almost all of these sites have a high PR.
2. Join Article Publishing Sites and Write Related Articles. Article publishing sites have some similarities with Social networking and bookmarking sites. But in these sites, “socializing” with other members of the site is done by writing articles. Article directory sites are excellent tools to build back links. Search engines rank these types of back links highly.
Note: You need to adopt some SEO techniques in writing articles. This will improve your article’s page rank as well as your back links placed on this article. Might as well, create back links to the articles you are writing.
3. Submit Website/Blog to Directory Sites. Submit your sites to as many directory sites that you can find. If you want to offload this work, there are several pay services that will do it for you.
4. Make Comments that Contain Back Links on Other Web Sites and Blog. Look for similar websites or blogs and make comments that contain back links. This is an effective way of spreading back links, but then only few websites/blogs are offering visitors to make comments with URL.
5. Join Forum sites. Forum sites are also a good site to place back links. Forums are also rank highly by search engines, so back links it these sites have a better chance of getting a high rank. Although, there are some forum sites that don’t allow placing URLs (back links), but if a forum site allows URLs then place back links on “signature”. Signature is always place on every post a member creates in a forum. The more posts a member creates, the more signature are shown and the more back links are made.
6. Create contents that encourage viewers to share your back links. Lastly, always create a content that encourage readers/visitors/viewer to “share”, “like”, “Tweet”, “Stumble”, “Digg” or even copy and paste your site back links to their own pages to promote it. I consider this the hardest way of spreading your website/blog’s back links, but this is the most effective of all.