Health benefits of oats. Benefits of oats and health benefits of oatmeal.
Oats are cereal food grains used as foods, basically the seeds of annual grass Avena sativa. Oats are highly nutritious and considered probably the best food that you can have for breakfast. Oats have been used as livestock and human foods since ancient times and mainly cultivated in United States, Canada, Russia, Poland and Finland. Oats health benefits are numerous as they also have medicinal properties. Oats are great sources of manganese, selenium, dietary fiber, Vitamin B1 (thiamin), protein, magnesium and phosphorous. Oats should be included in healthy diet menu as benefits of oats can really make us healthy and fit.
Health Benefits of Oats - Oatmeal Health Benefits
Oats are fantastic for our health and give us relief from many diseases and conditions. Let’s find out hoe oats can help us to live a better life!
Oats Health Benefits
• Most common thing we know about oats is that these grains are good for the heart health. But how? Beta-glucan, present is oats plays an important part to lower the cholesterol levels. Beta-glucan is actually a soluble fiber that can be found in oats, oat bran and oat meal. Because oats are so rich of soluble fiber, regular consumption of oats helps to reduce the chances of developing any cardiovascular disease. In addition, an antioxidant substance – avenanthramide – which is unique to oats helps to prevent free radical damages of LDL and therefore reduces the chance of cardiovascular disease.
• Beta-glucan and other fiber contents in oats are helpful maintain normal blood sugar level. It is said that for Type 2 diabetes patients oats are excellent foods to stabilise blood sugar level. Also, magnesium in oats helps to control the blood glucose level.
• Oats are good for immune system as well. Selenium and Vitamin E play a vital role to fight bacterial infections. Zinc presents in oats is also good for metabolism. High content of fiber in the oats helps to promote healthy bowel movement and cure constipation.
• Powerful antioxidant properties in oats including glutathione peroxidise work with selenium to reduce the chances of asthma symptoms. Selenium is also helpful in reducing the risk of colon cancer.
• Being rich of magnesium, phosphorus and calcium, regular consumption of oats reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
• Oats are good for weight management. Oats are low in calorie and high in fiber, this helps to maintain a healthy weight. It’s a good food for those who want to lose weight.
• Oats are high in protein and that’s why oats are great to maintain a healthy body. Protein helps to maintain body tissues and also provide energy. Carbohydrates, Phosphorus, vitamin B, magnesium and iron are also excellent for energy production. Oats contain all these in good amount as well.
• Oats are also good for curing depression. Insomnia and nervous fatigue. Vitamin A, Vitamin B and silicon play an important role to soothe nervous system.
• Oats contain thiamin, folic acid, biotin, pantothenic acid and vitamin E. In addition, oats also contain zinc, selenium, iron, manganese and magnesium. These are very helpful to heal any infections faster.
Oats are great health foods for overall health. It’s a great idea to start the day with the oats or oatmeal to keep the body healthy and fit.