Zitotec (Misoprostol) Indications and Contra-indicationsFitness Equipment
Zitotec (Misoprostol) Indications
Zitotec (Misoprostol) is used for:
First trimester abortion:
Zitotec (Misoprostol) with mifepristone is used for the clinical extermination of intrauterine pregnancy. For this reason pregnancy is monitored from the first day of the last period cycle in a recognized 28 days cycle with ovulation happening at mid-cycle. The period of pregnancy may be recognized from menstrual history and by medical observation. If the time period of pregnancy is uncertain Ultrasonographic scan should be used.
Zitotec (Misoprostol) is used for cervical ripening before uterine instrumentation. It also is used cervical ripening for initiation of labor in active fetus and intrauterine fetal death.
It also is administered for preventing post-partum hemorrhage.
Zitotec (Misoprostol) Contra-indications:
Patients hypersensitive to Zitotec(Misoprostol) or any of its active ingredients. Misoprostol shouldn’t be used by pregnant women to decrease the risk of ulcers triggered by NSAIDs.
Use of Zitotec (Misoprostol) for abortion of pregnancy is contraindicated in subjects with any existing health conditions:
• Established or alleged ectopic pregnancy or unverified adnexal mass (the action will not be effectual to abort an ectopic pregnancy).
• Subjects with IUD in place.
• Patients with chronic adrenal failure.
• Patients suffering from concurrent long-term corticosteroild therapy.
• Patients with history of any allergic effect to mifepristone, or misoprostol,
• Individual suffering from concurrent anticoagulant therapy or Hemorrhagic disorders,
• Hereditary porphyria,
• If an individual does not have satisfactory contact to clinical amenities equipped to offer urgent situational treatment of incomplete termination, blood supply, and urgent resuscitation for the duration from the time of discharge by the supervising doctor.
• Patients suffering from extreme bronchial asthma or existing heart disease.
• Individuals with cephalo pelvic disproportion.
• Patients with Placenta previa.
• Patients’ previously undergone caesarean section.
• Patients’ Previously undergone uterine surgery.
• Patients with severe fetal distress.
• Patients with abruptio placenta.
• Patients with extraordinary bleeding.
Zitotec (Misoprostol) should not be administered for decreasing the risk of NSAID-imbibed ulcers in women of childbearing probable unless the subject is at high risk of impediments from gastric ulcers linked with intake of the NSAID, or is at danger of developing gastric ulceration.
Uterine burst has been monitored when Zitotec (Misoprostol) was used in pregnant women to provoke labor or to encourage abortion beyond the eighth week of pregnancy.