Zinus vs. Signature Sleep vs. Casper: Mattresses and Mattress Companies Reviewed
Zinus is a manufacturer of bedding products specializing in mattresses, bed foundations, and pillows. Their patented compressed and rolled mattresses were one of the first in the market. For the past 10 years, Zinus products have been sold at Wayfair, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Overstock and Sears. In 2016, the launched their online store.
In addition to being priced much lower than other mattress brands like Tempur-Pedic and Serta, Zinus has the following features:
- Evergreen feature: Their mattresses use natural green tea extract to maintain product freshness.
- Bio Foam: They use natural plant that replaces some of the traditional petroleum.
- ActivCharcoal: This product safely and efficiently reduces odors and absorbs moisture.
- Zinus is CertiPur – US certified.
All Zinus pocketed spring mattresses include:
- Comforting fiber quilted covers.
- Pressure relieving comfort foam.
- iCoil ® pocketed springs for stable support.
Find Your Perfect Sleep
Zinus has a web page on their website that asks customers 5 questions to help you find the best mattress for your sleeping preferences. These questions are:
- What is your usual sleeping position?
- Do you prefer a soft, medium or firm mattress?
- Do you prefer a lower or higher profile mattress height?
- Who will be sleeping on the mattress? This question includes children, how many people and even includes an answer if your pet sleeps with you.
- Based on your experiences, which type of mattress most are you most interested in? The choices are memory foam, spring, and spring and memory hybrid.
And they have a chart showing the measurements of each type of mattress.
Zinus Mattresses and Prices
Zinus offers three types of mattresses that customers can choose from. Most of their mattresses have customer reviews and scores.
- Memory Foam Mattress – Conforming support
- iCoil Spring Mattress – Traditional stability
- Hybrid Mattresses – The best of both types of mattress
They offer many mattress models in the following sizes, not all mattresses are sold in all sizes:
- Twin XL
- Cal King
Memory Foam Mattresses and Prices
- Memory foam - 12” of green tea memory foam, this mattress costs between $190 and $350
- Memory foam – 12” of blended layers for support include 3” of memory foam, 3” of pressure relieving comfort foam and 6” of high density base support foam. This mattress costs between $200 and $380.
- Gel memory foam 10” mattress costs between $280 and $480.
- Memory foam 14” pain relieving mattress costs between $600 and $700.
- Gel memory foam 10” made in the USA Liberty mattress costs between $300 and $500.
iCoil ® Spring Mattresses and Prices
- Pocketed spring coil 13” Euro top iCoil mattress costs between $335 and $455.
- Pocketed spring 8” classic mattress currently costs between $117 and $200.
- Euro box top spring 12” iCoil mattress currently costs between $169 and $301.
- Pocketed spring 10” pillow top iCoil mattress costs between $200 and $360.
- Pocketed spring 6” classic mattress currently costs between $91 and $111.
Some of the above spring mattress prices are currently discounted prices.
Hybrid Mattresses and Prices
- Pocketed spring and gel memory foam 10” hybrid mattress costs between $375 and $530.
- Pocketed spring and gel memory foam 12” hybrid mattress costs between $550 and $660.
- Pocketed spring and gel memory foam 14” hybrid mattress costs between $690 and $715.
Zinus Bed Products
Zinus also sells the following bed and bedding products:
- Beds and headboards
- Mattress toppers
- Mattress protectors
Zinus also sells bedroom collections that include frames and mattresses, coffee tables, end tables TV media stand and table and modern bookshelves.
Zinus Shipping and Returns
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund. They do not show shipping prices, only a map of the continental United States and FedEx delivery times.
Zinus offers a 10-year warranty for all mattresses and a 5-year warranty for all bed frames.
- Zinus is a Google Trusted store with a customer score of 4.7 out of 5.
- They are an accredited member of the San Francisco Better Business Bureau with a score of A+.
- Zinus holds over 150 patents for product innovation.
- 2015 Reddot Design winner.
- A’Design Award Winner 2015.
Signature Sleep is a division of Dorel Industries. Dorel is a large company that owns many other companies. They are the world’s largest juvenile products distributor, and ranks among the top North American furniture manufacturers and marketers. They also own many well known brands of bikes including Schwinn. Signature Sleep offers a complete line of mattresses and bed accessories.
Signature Sleep Products
Signature Sleep carries several types of mattresses including memory foam mattresses, gel memory foam mattresses and coil mattresses. Their complete product line includes:
- Black Collection
- Gold Collection
- Signature Collection
- Youth mattresses
- Folding guest beds
- Pillow collection
- Sofa sleeper
Each Signature Sleep mattress collection features different types of mattresses in all mattress sizes. A closer look at their mattress collections include:
This collection shows 5 mattresses and a steel mattress foundation. The mattresses in this collection range from a 6” memory foam to a 14” coil and gel foam memory mattress. A few mattresses in this collection include:
- Aura 12” luxury gel memory foam mattress with CertiPUR-US® certified foam.
- Justice 14” independently encased coil and gel memory foam mattress.
- Inspiration 10” independently encased coil mattress.
The Gold Collection shows 7 different mattresses ranging in size from 6” to 12” height. A few mattresses in this collection include:
- Inspire 10” memory foam mattress.
- Select 8” reversible coil mattress.
- Inspire 12” memory foam mattress.
Their Signature Collection shows 13 different mattresses ranging in a height size of 6” to 13”. A few of their Signature Collection mattresses include:
- Signature 13” independently encased coil pillow top mattress.
- Super Back Saver 7-Zone 7” luxury mattress.
- Contour 10” reversible independently encased coil mattress.
They have three different youth foam mattresses including:
- Sleep Tight 5” youth foam mattress.
All of their mattresses are made with CertiPUR-US® certified foam.
Signature Sleep sells four different types of foundations for your new mattress.
- Adjustable bed frame
- Premium steel mattress foundation
- Premium ultra steel mattress foundation
- Ultra steel Bunkie board
Signature Sleep sells the following pillows:
- 2 in 1 memory foam / fiber pillow
- Classic memory foam pillow
- Contour memory foam pillow
Signature Sleep sells four models of sofa sleepers that are great for guests and for those that live in a studio apartment.
- Avery sleeper sofa with a memory foam mattress.
- Casey faux leather twin size sleeper sofa with a memory foam mattress.
- Casey velvet twin size sleeper sofa with a memory foam mattress.
- Devon grey linen sleeper sofa with a memory foam mattress.
All of their sofa sleeper mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified.
When you click on their line of furniture products, you are taken to the Doral home products website, where they offer all types of furniture for every room in your home.
Signature Sleep Warranties
Signature Sleep mattresses have a 1 year limited warranty from the date of purchase against defects in workmanship and/or materials.
Buying Signature Sleep Products
Customers cannot purchase Signature Sleep mattresses or other products through their website. Each product shows a list of stores where their mattresses and bedding products can be purchased. A few of the stores include:
Since their products cannot be purchased on their website, they do not show prices for any of their mattresses or bedding products and accessories.
Casper is a recent startup company with the claim that they have created the perfect mattress, sheets and pillow. In addition to their online store, they also have a brick and mortar store and a showroom at 106 Spring St. in New York City.
- The Casper mattress is designed and assembled in the United States
- Free shipping in the United States and Canada
- All foams in the Casper mattress is CertiPUR certified
- 100 night free trial with free return pickup
- 10 year limited warranty against the defects in material and workmanship
Casper does not carry a large selection of mattresses like the other mattress companies, they sell the following:
- The Mattress
- The Sheets
- The Pillow
- The Foundation
- The Dog Mattress
They have designed what they consider the perfect mattress and that is what they sell along with bedding accessories.
The Mattress Design
The Casper mattress has the following layers from top to bottom:
- The woven cover is made from premium textiles and is breathable, flexible and resilient.
- Open cell layer is a breathable comfort top layer that keeps you cool and adds just the right amount of bounce.
- Responsive memory foam is high-density foam that provides pressure relief.
- Adaptive transition foam provides deep comfort through consistent weight distribution.
- Durable support foam strengthens the comfort layers and adds long-lasting durability.
Casper Mattress Prices
The Casper mattress comes in the following sizes and prices:
- Twin - $550
- Twin XL - $600
- Full - $800
- Queen - $950
- King and cal King - $1150
Customers can also finance their mattress and bed accessory purchases.
Casper customers can buy sheets, pillow cases and duvet cover separately or in a set. The price for their standard set, which includes 1 flat, 1 fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases have the following prices:
- Twin and twin XL - $120 and $220 with the duvet cover included
- Full - $130 and $250 with the duvet cover included
- Queen - $140 and $260 with the duvet cover included
- King and cal king - $160 and $300 with the duvet cover included
These items come in the following color choices:
- White / White
- White / Chambray
- Navy / Azure
- Sky / Azure
Casper sells the Casper Pillow that is a responsive, dual-layer pillow that has been engineered to stay supportive, comfortable and cool throughout the night. They sell their pillow in two sized.
- Standard pillow costs $75
- King size pillow costs $85
The Casper foundation is designed and assembled in the United States, and made of solid spruce and pine frame and slats with woven exterior upholstery, and non-woven interior and slat upholstery.
Their foundation provides excellent support for your Casper mattress and can be assembled in minutes. Their foundation sizes and prices are:
- Twin, twin XL and full cost $200
- Queen cost $250
- King and cal king cost $300
The Casper Dog Bed
Dogs should also have the advantage of a comfortable bed. The same Casper engineering team that designed their mattress also designed the dog bed. Their dog beds come in different sizes and colors.
- Small for dogs up to 30 lbs. cost $125
- Medium for dogs up to 60 lbs. cost $150
- Large dog beds for dogs up to 90 lbs. cost $225
Their dog beds come in the following colors:
Mattress Company Customer Reviews
The above mattress companies all sell their products on Amazon.com, and there are thousands of ratings and customer comments.
Zinus has many of their mattresses rated and for the most part, their mattresses all have good scores and comments. Their mattresses are rated between 4.3 and 4.6 out of 5 with 74% giving it the top score of 5.
The Signature Sleep mattress also has good ratings and scores on Amazon.com with scores ranging between 4.2 and 4.5 out of 5 with 69% with the top rating of 5.
Casper is easier to read reviews because they only sell the one mattress. They are rated 4.2 out of 5 with 80% of the customers giving it a top rating of 5.
The most common complaint of all memory foam mattresses that come sealed in a box is that they do not expand fully to the expected height. These complaints are far and few between though for each company.