Zenni Optical vs. Goggles4U vs. 39dollarglasses.com: Eyewear Companies Reviewed
Zenni Optical was founded by two scientists in 2003 with the idea that people should be able to look good while wearing affordable glasses. Zenni Optical sells prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, sports glasses and goggles for men, women and children, plus they sell eyeglass accessories like cases, lens cleaning products, and non-prescription sunglasses.
Zenni Optical Eyewear Products
Zenni Optical carries more than 3,000 tailor made frames for the entire family. You can find the perfect eyeglasses at Zenni Optical by searching through their categories of eyewear. Men, woman, and kids can find the perfect eyeglasses and eyewear styles by searching new arrivals, best sellers or by style.
Everyone can search for glasses by:
Shop by Category
Best for Progressive Glasses
Best for Bifocals
Shop by Style
Woman can also search by:
- Sophisticated Eyewear
- Heart Shaped Glasses
- Premium Sunglasses
- Neutral Glasses
- Ultra-lightweight Glasses
- Thin Acetate Glasses
Men can also search for eyewear by:
- Classic Eyeglasses
- Magnetic Clip-on Sets
- Premium Sunglasses
- Ultem Glasses
- Vintage Glasses
Zenni Optical also has their eyeglass frame collections:
- North Coast Collection
- Metro Collection
- LA Collection
How to Find the Right Eyeglass Frames
When buying new eyeglasses, picking out the right frames that look good can be the hardest part. You could stand there for hours trying on frame after frame looking into the mirror and asking everyone’s opinion, and still not decide.
Zenni Optical has a great section that will help you find the right pair of eyeglass frames for your face and hair color. You can upload a picture of yourself or use one of the provided pictures. You can then click on different frames and see how they will look on your picture or the sample pictures.
Zenni Optical can fill strong prescriptions, plus bifocals and progressive lenses.
Zenni Optical Eyeglass Resources
Zenni Optical has a great resource page that shows infographics and videos to help you get the right eyeglasses and frames. Resources like:
- How to Measure your PD (pupillary distance)
- How to measure your Frame Size
- Best Eyeglasses for your Face Shape
- How to Order Glasses Online
Zenni Optical Prices
Zenni Optical can fill strong prescriptions, plus bifocals and progressive lenses. Their prices are as follows.
- Progressive lenses start at $27.95
- Bifocals start at $17
- Premium Anti-glare coating: $4.95
- Sunglass tint: $4.95
- Super Hydrophobic water repelling A/R coating: $8.95
- Oleophobic fingerprint resistant A/R coating: $14.95
- Zenni Optical eyeglass frames range in price from $6.95 to $45.95.
All of their eyeglasses include the following:
- Free Anti-scratch Coating
- Free UV Protection
- Free Thin and Light Single Vision Lens
- Free Hard Case
- Free Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Zenni Optical Shipping
Shipping within the United States is $4.95 and shipping to Canada and internationally starts at $9.95. They also offer expedited shipping methods in the U.S. and Canada.
Zenni Optical Return Policy
Zenni Optical return policy states that you can return your glasses within 30 days if you do not like them or made a mistake when ordering, you can return them for a 50% refund, minus shipping costs or a one-time-use 100% store credit. Zenni Optical will repair broken frames within the 30 days warranty period.
If customers feel that there is a manufacturing error, customer can return the glasses within the 30 day warranty period for inspection, if it is found the glasses were made incorrectly, they will replace them at no charge.
Zenni Optical Pros and Cons
- Pros: Zenni Optical offers many different frame designs at very affordable prices, plus they can fill strong lens prescriptions. They also offer free anti-scratch coating and UV protection. Zenni Optical has a great feature that allows you to upload a photo of yourself and see how frames will look.
- Cons: The only negative would be that they do not carry designer frames.
Zenni Optical Customer Ratings
Zenni Optical has mixed ratings and customer comments. It seems the biggest complaint is trying to get customer service to help, since each time a customer calls, a different customer rep answers and the customer has to start all over again with their issue.
Zenni Optical has the following customer ratings:
- Zenni Optical is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- TrustPilot.com rates them 4.2 out of 10 based on 18 reviews.
- SiteJabber.com rates them 3.5 stars out of 5 with 28 customer reviews.
- ResellerRatings.com has rated them 8.92 out of 10 with 92,235 customer reviews.
Zenni Optical Coupons
Located in Cerritos, California, Goggles4U was founded in 2003. They carry affordable prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, designer eyewear, and re-lens service for men, women, and kids.
Goggles4U Eyewear Products
Goggles4U customers can easily find what they are looking for by checking on their categories:
- Progressive Lenses: These types of lenses are great for people that need glasses for seeing distance, reading and computer work, without any visible lines in the lens.
- Bifocals: For customers that need glasses for distance and close up like reading and computer work.
- Prescription Sunglasses: You can choose from a variety of colors and different intensities, light, medium, or dark.
Customers can use filters to help them find the perfect eyeglass frames for their lenses. This also gives a good idea as to how many eyewear products that Goggles4U carries. The numbers in parentheses indicate how many of those particular items are in stock at this time for men and women eyewear products.
$0.00 - $9.99 (47)
$10.00 - $19.99 (434)
$20.00 - $29.99 (80)
$30.00 and above (2)
Small: 125-130 mm (12)
Medium: 131-135 mm (140)
Large: 136-140 mm (201)
X-Large: >140 mm (51)
Goggles4U carries an additional 438 eyewear products for kids and include extra small size, less than 125 mm.
Goggles4U Frame Prices
Goggles4U frame prices range from $6.95 to $39.99. The majority of their frame prices are in the $10.00 to $19.99 range.
Lenses and Lens Coatings
Goggles4U offers the following coatings for lenses:
- Anti-Reflection: These are great for night driving and computer work.
- Scratch Resistant: Their hard coating seals plastic lenses to reduce scratching.
- UV Protection: Blocks out 100% of all UVA and UVB rays
All of their lenses come with UV protection and anti-scratch by default except for bifocals. You can add these coatings to bifocals at an addition cost of $4.95. Anti-reflective coatings for bifocals can be added for an additional $25.
At this time they only make plastic lenses, not glass with the highest index of 1.67.
Goggles4U has great resources in their Help Center to help you find the right frames and the right types of lenses that include:
- Eyeglass Measuring Guide
- Frame Style Recommendation by Face
- How to Measure PD
- Ordering Guide
Goggles4U Shipping and Returns
Standard shipping is a $5.95 and priority shipping is $9.95. International orders are $9.95. All of their glasses come with a 15-day warranty upon receipt. They will offer a refund, but conditions apply that are spelled out on their refund page. Warranty issues must be reported within 30 days of receipt.
Goggles4U will accept all major credit cards and PayPal. If you have an FSA/HSA with the Visa, AMEX, or MasterCard logo, you can try entering it and see if it works. If not, you can email Goggles4U for an itemized receipt that you can send to your FSA/HSA provider. They do not accept insurance payments.
Goggles4U Pros and Cons
- Pros: Goggles4U has a large selection of frames including a small number of name brand frames like Carmen Marc Valvo. They offer UV protection and anti-scratch by default except for bifocals.
- Cons: They do not have any free shipping offers and you have to pay extra for anti-reflective, anti-scratch and UV protection with bifocal glasses.
Goggles4U Customer Ratings
Goggles4U has the following ratings:
- They are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- TrustPilot.com rates Goggles4U 8.9 out of 10 with 17.020 customer reviews.
- ResellerRatings.com rates them 8.91 out of 10 with 9,582 reviews.
- SiteJabber.com gives them 4.5 stars out of 5.
39dollarglasses.com was founded in 2000 by a group of eye doctors with the belief that everyone should be able to afford quality eyewear. With experience both in private practice and at the retail level, they decided that they could provide this service for people at a big discount.
39dollarglasses.com Eyewear Products
39dollarglasses.com carries many types of eyeglasses, sunglass, and contact lenses for men, women, teens, and toddlers. You can find driving glasses, computer glasses, and narrow glasses, round eyeglasses, bifocals, and progressive glasses.
Every pair of their glasses includes:
- 100% UV protection
- Light and thin prescription lenses
- Custom crafted in the USA
39dollarglasses.com has plenty of choices to choose from. Customers can search eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses with the following choices:
S, M, L, kids
Full Time Wear
Progressive No-line Bifocals
You can also re-lens your own frames. Many of their frames have customer comments, ratings and pros and cons of each frame.
Compare Frames on Your Face
39dollarglasses.com has an interesting feature. With each frame, you can printout a picture of the frame, cut it out, and try it on to see what it will look like on your face.
You can click on the Try On button and upload your picture and see what each frame will actually look like on your face.
39dollarglasses.com frame prices start at $39 for most of their frames. Prices go as high as $108.95 for progressive frames with colored tint.
You can check the lens price for each of their frames by clicking on the orange Select Lens Type button. For their $39 frames, the prices for different lenses are:
- Single vision full time wear, frame and lens package costs $39
- Single vision reading only package costs $39
- Regular bifocals with a line package costs $119
- Progressive no-line bifocals package costs $119
39dollarglasses.com can also re-lens all types of eyeglasses and sunglasses. If you want to re-lens your own frames, they have the following prices:
- Single Vision Lenses and sunglasses range from $39 to $137.90
- Bifocal Lenses and sunglasses (with a line) cost between $119 and $217.95
- Progressive Lenses and sunglasses (no lines) range from $119 to $266.95
They have a complete breakdown of costs on their website.
39dollarglasses.com Contact Lenses
In addition to frames, glasses and sunglasses, 39dollarglasses.com also carries a large selection of contact lenses. They sell daily contacts, weekly contacts, monthly contacts and color contacts. A few of the contact lens brands they carry include:
- Bausch and Lomb
- Air Optix
- Johnson & Johnson
39dollarglasses.com Shipping and Returns
39dollarglasses.com offers free USPS first class delivery with orders over $99. Otherwise their shipping costs are:
- USPS first class with delivery confirmation: $4.95 for orders under $99 and free for orders over $99.
- UPS 2nd Day Air: $16 for orders under $99 and $7.95 for orders over $99.
- UPS Next Day Air: $24 for orders under $99 and $12.95 for orders over $99.
They do not list any shipping options outside of the United States.
39dollarglasses.com offers a worry-free warranty. Customers can return eyeglasses within 30 days (certain lenses excluded) for any reason for a full refund or within 90 days for a one-time exchange at no cost. They pay for return shipping. You must first call the company for a return merchandise authorization number (RMA).
39dollarglasses.com Pros and Cons
- Pros: 39dollarglasses.com carries a large selection of frames for everyone in the family, plus they carry contact lenses. All of their eyeglasses come with free UV protection.
- Cons: They do not carry brand name frames and they do not carry trifocals.
39dollarglasses.com Customer Ratings
There are few online complaints with 39dollarglasses.com. Most complain about the refund being a hassle and some complained about frames not fitting right and having to go to their YouTube page to figure out how to adjust the frames. Their customer ratings are as follows:
- They are an accredited member of the New York Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- TrustPilot.com rates them 7.40 out of 10
- ResellerRatings.com rates them 9.16 out of 10 based on 5,513 reviews
- SiteJabber.com rates them 2 out of 5