Why Celebrate January As a Thank You Month?Fitness Gear & Equipment
'Thank you' is an expression of gratitude or politeness, in response to something done or given. January is considered as a month dedicated to showing gratitude saying 'thank you'. Saying thank you and being really being grateful are not just about words. Saying 'thank you' or showing gratitude is a good start from January and it should continue throughout the year as it is not only only a social etiquette, it should be a part of our personality.
When you say thank you, you actually open yourself up because you accept. You appreciate and you share yourself. You allow yourself to be open to receive love. And that, as you probably know, feels nothing less than wonderful.
When we say thank you we show someone that they are truly valued for who they are. This acceptance and appreciation of another person is showing love. Therefore "thank you" creates love.
Taking the initiative to show gratitude and acknowledge others even when it’s not expected, you
- stand out from the crowd and distinguish yourself from others
- appear friendly and approachable
- make a good impression
- are remembered
"Thank you" can motivate, validate, and give positive reinforcement. "Thank you" for the ordinary as well as the extraordinary can enhance the nurse's interpersonal relationships immeasurably and make it well worth the time spent. You can't afford to not say thank you frequently and graciously to those around you.
The expression of thanks can be its own reward. Being the recipient of a favor can also make the favor-giver (if there is such a word) feel good too. Everyone benefits when thanks are freely given and just as freely acknowledged.
There’s no doubt that mind and body are connected, and this link is especially apparent when it comes to gratitude.
“Research suggests that individuals who are grateful in their daily lives actually report fewer stress-related health symptoms, including headaches, gastrointestinal (stomach) issues, chest pain, muscle aches, and appetite problems,” says Sheela Raja, PhD, an assistant professor and clinical psychologist in the Colleges of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Start saying thank you to God:
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you? ~ William Arthur Ward
- I thank you God I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. ~ E. E. Cummings
- "When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself." Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
- You cannot welcome more abundance into your life until you have said thanks to the universe for all that you have.
- Life is never perfect and there are always more mountains to climb. But remember what you have achieved and never forget the blessings that you have received along the way. January is the month of new beginnings. Start this new year being grateful and thankful to your life, God and everyone around us.