What You should Know About Acid Reflux and Lemonade
Acid reflux is a condition in which a patient suffers from a burning sensation in his stomach. This disorder has started to spread and causes pain to many people around the world about three decades ago. Many people tried to find out the most effective ways to cure this condition but none of them had an accurate medication for this painful condition so far. Drinking lemonade shows some effect to people suffering from acid reflux.
Most of the acid reflux patients usually change their diet to avoid suffering the same condition while other cure themselves by taking antacids, to ease the pain they endure. If you are currently suffering from acid reflux, you will probably do online research and visit online forums relating to people who are suffering from such disorder. Perhaps, you would find out their different stories on how they have treated their illness. Some of them believe that lemonade diet had helped them a lot in improving their health condition. Let us find out the health benefits of lemonade.
• It helps in getting rid of the toxins inside the body and easy excretion of fecal waste. Thus, lemonade boosts a person’s immune system.
• It promotes good digestion and may help a person in losing weight.
• It helps in relieving constipation and reduces bloating sensation.
• It relieves hair and skin problems. Some consumers, especially women, believe that lemonade has a rejuvenating effect and gives them a much younger looking skin.
• It helps in controlling the craving for junk foods and in the process leads us to a healthy lifestyle.
If we take a look on the benefits of lemonade listed above, you will see that most of them are related to body cleansing. It is because lemonade is actually intended to be used as a body cleansing diet, not a fast weight loss diet as what most people thought it was.
As for the side effects, consumers indicated one possible setback. They say that lemonade somehow causes medical complication due to the acidity in the citrus fruits. But of course, you will not have such complication if you only take enough amount of lemonade each day. Remember, the benefits or side effects of this juice tend to vary since each person has different activity level and metabolic rate. A recommended consumption of lemonade is one glass per day. Do not take lemonade or eat any citrus fruit when you are hungry to avoid severe complication.
Lemon water might be healthier than lemonade because of the sugar that can be present in packaged lemonade. Europeans use lemon water as a way to be healthier and clean their body. In fact, many health professionals today say that drinking a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning can help with digestion and a healthy bowel movement.
Other Causes of Acid Reflux
Yes, food is a major cause of acid reflux, and too many people rely on antacids to relieve reflux and heartburn. The ads on television make it sound as if you can eat any food you want to and relieve the heartburn. It is better to relieve heartburn and acid reflux properly by changing your diet without relying on medications.
Acid reflux can become very painful and is caused by the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) does not close properly and allows stomach acid to move upwards to your esophagus. If this condition happens more than twice per week, it is known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Causes of acid reflux can include:
- Eating a large meal and lying down right away.
- A stomach abnormality known as hiatal hernia.
- Being overweight.
- Alcohol, even beer can cause acid reflux.
- Coffee and or caffeine tea can also cause acid reflux.
- Certain people might have a problem with foods like tomatoes, citrus, chocolate, mint, garlic, onions, spicy foods or fatty foods.
- Smoking cigarettes can also cause acid reflux in some people.
- Being pregnant can certainly cause acid reflux, talk to your doctor if you are pregnant.
The bottom line really is, if you know that for example eating a spicy pizza with pepperoni is going to hurt your stomach and cause acid reflux, don’t eat it. Relying on antacids is not the healthy answer.