What Possible Uses You Can Think of a Pencil Other Than Writing?
Pencil is very cheap and easily available object which is used to write, draw or color. A pencil is a functional tool for drawing and writing; provided that the 'lead' is enclosed in a suitable medium, it will fulfill its purpose. There are many kinds of pencils like copying, drafting, woodless, colored (for water coloring), checking, highlighter pencils etc. I teach my early year students to make a pinwheel attached at top eraser of a pencil. Same way you can make pencil decorations or toppers to create fun and crafts projects.
How many uses of pencil you can think of?
Or what best uses you can think of pencil other than writing?
Many people collect different kind of pencils and it is called pencil collecting hobby. You can find variety of pencils with different colors, sizes and material with attractive designs.
There are a few people who love to create crafts with pencils or lead.
A very creative use of pencil is to start plant. Made from the wood of bug-repelling incense cedar trees, a pencil jabbed into the soil is a durable support for small plants.
You may use pencil in many ways such as:
- Drumming with
- Chewing on
- Throwing when frustrated.
- Finger exercise
- Two pencils = chopsticks
- Ear cleaner (the eraser)
- Door stop
- Two pencils = a way to move heavy objects
- Keeps two painted surfaces from touching while they dry
- chase game in swimming (pencils float)
- two pencils = pontoons for a small watercraft
- pencil shavings can be used to make a lovely picture
- weapon of self defense
- Dig mud out of tennis shoe treads
- Exercise device to build dexterity by twirling it from finger to finger
- Pencils can be used as the frame for a small teepee
- Measuring device
- Sobriety testing tool for police
- Used to induce hypnosis
- 8 pencils can be used to hold toes apart while polish dries
- Garden stake
- Tool to pick up things you don't want to touch
- Good to rub on the ends of a rechargeable battery before recharging (The eraser that is).
- Rub on a key before inserting the key into a frozen door lock. (The graphite is lubricating).
- Balance on your ear.
- A great conductor's baton alternative.
- Great for lubricating small joints.
- Great for starting a fire in your fireplace.
- Sharpen both ends; use it as a part of a circuit.
- Punch a hole in plastic wrap around various things, such as ink cartridges, computer accessories.
- Punch a hole in soil for planting seeds.
- Plug up a hole
- Use as a dowel
- Use the graphite to lubricate door/drawer edges
- Stir drinks
- Start a fire with it.
- Push stuff down the kitchen sink if it gets caught in the drain
- Hold hair back in a twist
- Miniature sundial
- Anchor on which to start a small vine plant
- Washington Monument in a miniature version of DC
- Hold the door open a crack so it doesn't lock behind me while I take out the garbage
- Cat toy
- Ice remover
- Cutting dibber
- Long dice
- Tracheotomy maker
- To tap on a window
- To play pick up sticks with (will need a whole bunch!)
- To push buttons with
- To prop something up with
- As a ruler to draw a straight line (but not with the pencil!)
- Mast of a toy ship
- To scrape mud, dirt, dried grass from shoe bottoms
- Pinpoint graphite lubrication
- Eraser end for removing corrosion from flashlight terminals
- Balancing exercise
- Charcoal sketches
- Metal fabrication layout
- Lever to pry out fuses from fuse blocks, safely
- Conductor's baton
- Mini swords for a mini sword fight
- Magic wand
- To reach something in tight spaces
- Foot scratcher so you don't have to take off your shoe
- Time passer/anxiety reducer (i.e., finger spinning, airplane noises, bouncing on the eraser)
- Making crossbow with pencils
I hope this list is not complete and may be you can think of more uses of pencil. Isn't it?
A carpenter pencil is usually a large, flattened pencil used by carpenters. Their shape helps prevent them from rolling.
The World's Largest Pencil is located at Faber-Castell's facility in Malaysia near Kuala Lumpur. This pencil is nearly 65 feet tall and is housed in a glass enclosure. Completed in 2002, it is made from Malaysian lumber, fitted from small pieces tongue-and-groove fashion.