Wedding Wire vs The Knot vs mywedding: Wedding Planning Websites Compared
What is a wedding planning site?
One of the biggest milestones in a person's life is their wedding day. Weddings are huge expenses and take tons of preparation. Your wedding day will remain in your memory for life. The remnants of that beloved day will be blasted all over social media sites and be spoken of by friends and families. An electronic footprint will be left for generations to come. Don't fret! The good news is that there is help! The even better news is that's the help is free!
Wedding planning sites walk you through step by step in the preparation of "the big day". Those who think that planning a wedding is a simple task obviously have never had a run in with the latest neighborhood Bridezilla. There are tons of detailed tasks to be accomplished.
Three of the top wedding planning sites are Wedding Wire, The Knot Wedding, and MyWedding.com. They are all similar in many aspects. They all offer very structured guidance in planning your wedding. We are going to review all three of these sites thoroughly to help you decide which one is best for you. But before we compare their differences we need to acknowledge their similarities.
Wedding Wire, The Knot Wedding, and MyWedding.com all contain the following helpful features:
- They contain detailed wedding checklists. You don't have to worry about compiling your own to-do list or missing an important aspect. These lists are compiled to make sure you do not miss a thing. You put your date in you magically are on a schedule with dated reminders.
- They help you find local vendors. People who have used these vendors rate them accordingly allowing you to see where they stand. This can save you from getting a less than exceptional vendor.
- They offer free personalized wedding websites. You can invite friends and family to view your website. Personal URL's are available for a small additional fee.
- These sites are a great place to find inspiration. If you are lost as to where to start you can look at different ideas and pictures and save them.
- These sites are mobile friendly. All three sites after their own variation of mobile friendly apps. These apps are a great way to share your wedding site as well as plan on the go.
- All the information you need is right at your finger tips. You can retire your notebook and give your search engine a break. All the information you need can be found on one site.