Uterus & Menstrual Disorders in Women, Useful HOMOEO Medicines (Second of Homoeo Medicine Series)
Further to the first article where some homoeopathic remedies that are useful in treatment of EYE troubles are discussed, this is the second article detailing about UTERUS & Menstrual disorders in women. This is just for sharing the knowledge and should not be considered as prescription to any conditions.
As a girl attains puberty, menstrual cycle begins, usually at the age around fourteen years. The beginning of menstruation in a girl’s life is called ‘Menarche’. It is called ‘Menopause’, when the menstruation ceases to occur, in later part of the woman’s life. The female reproductive organs include the UTERUS, or the WOMB, the FALLOPIAN TUBES, the OVARIES, as also pituitary and other glands involved in producing hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle.
Menstruation: The normal menstrual cycle usually lasts for four days, and is mostly accompanied by some aching and cramping pain in the lower abdomen. This pain may also extend to the lower back. This monthly cycle can become irregular with the uterine bleeding occurring within periods. Sometimes the menstrual pain can also be excessive, extending the cycle for more than four days.
Amenorrhea is the medical term that indicates delayed onset or missed period. There might be some trouble associated with the reproductive organs, or the person could be pregnant. Menorrhagia represents heavy bleeding during menses and beyond the normal four days. Dysmenorrhea is such condition where there is severe cramping and pain associated before, during and after the menstrual periods. An entirely different form of discharges other than blood could be indicated, when there is an infection. This is called Leucorrhea. This is also very common ailment among women of all ages.
Homoeopathic remedies that help in reducing the troubles of menstruation:
- Aletris Farinosa: Also known as ‘Star-grass’, it is a small perennial herb found in the United States. Rhizome is used for preparation of the medicine. It is indicated when there is severe anemia in the female. For premature and profuse menstrual periods, associated with severe cramps and labor like pains, this medicine is helpful.
- Janosia Ashoka: This is an evergreen tree found all over India, commonly called the ‘ASOKA’ tree. The bark of the tree is used for the preparation of medicine, which helps in curing delayed and irregular menstrual periods, as also for curing leucorrhea.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: It is commonly considered to be ‘Shepherd’s purse’. It is a hairy herb that is found all over India. The whole plant is used in the preparation of medicine, which helps in treatment of excessive bleeding, irregular and too frequent menstrual cycles.
- Helonias Dioica: It is called ‘UNICORN ROOT’ in common language. The perennial herb is found in the United States and Canada. The plants roots and rhizome are used in preparation of the medicine, which helps in the treatment of frequent menses and leucorrhea.
- Pulsatilla: It is a woman’s remedy. Commonly called Anemone, this is a great remedy to treat delayed, scanty and short menstruation.
In the next article, another part of the human anatomy and its related homoeopathic remedies are discussed. Feel free to ask questions in the comment box.