Many foods have anti-inflammatory properties. Adding anti-inflammatory foods to your diet will greatly reduce inflammation. They also give you loads of essential vitamins and minerals that boost your immune health. Here is a list of 9 anti-inflammatory foods that fight inflammation in the body. These natural anti-inflammatory foods are tasty and they will help boost immunity.
1. Avocados: Avocados are anti-inflammatory super food that contains different compounds that help fight inflammation. Avocado has amazing cartenoid diversity, which is a key factor in its anti-inflammatory properties. The list of carotenoids found in avocado includes well-known carotenoids like alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are one of the natural anti-inflammatory foods to stay healthy. A compound in blueberries called anthocyanin is responsible for their anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Cherries: Cherry, sweet or sour, is an anti-inflammatory food. Its anti-inflammatory properties are more effective than many over-the-counter drugs. Cherries contain anthocyanins, a substance which fights inflammation making it a favorite food among people with arthritis and inflammation problems.
4. Kelp: Kelp contains fucoidan, a type of complex carbohydrate that is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, and anti-tumor. Fucoidan is also effective in controlling liver cancer and lung cancer.
5. Papaya: Papaya contains anti-inflammatory properties, which will help alleviate the severity of asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, the antioxidant nutrients found in papaya, including vitamin C, vitamin E and pro-vitamin A carotenoids are three powerful antioxidants very good at reducing inflammation.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric contains curcumin and curcuminoids, which are powerful anti-inflammatory phytochemicals that inhibit the production of prostaglandin enzymes, which cause pain and swelling.
7. Ginger: Ginger is another one of the excellent anti-inflammatory foods, which contain very potent anti-inflammatory compound called gingerol. Ginger is also a pain reliever. Drinking ginger tea is good for people suffering from arthritis pain.
8. Garlic: Garlic is an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral agent. The sulfur compounds in garlic have been found to have anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting the activity of inflammatory enzymes.
9. Wild Alaskan Salmon: Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to your body because its anti-inflammatory properties to fight inflammation and keep your immune system healthy. Wild Alaskan salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
These are some of the best natural foods that prevent inflammation in your body and increase your immunity. Incorporating these natural anti-inflammatory foods to your diet is a good way to improve your health.