Tom Selleck Trivia: Facts About the Most Popular P.I., Magnum
image via allpostersimages.com
1. American actor Tom Selleck was born in 1945, in Detroit.
2. One of Hollywood’s taller actors, he stands at 6' 3½" (1.92 m).
3. His full name is Thomas William Selleck
4. He is married to English actress Jillie Mack. They have been married since 1987 and they have a kid together. Mack was born in 1957.
5. Tom Selleck has 2 kids, 1 of them being from his first marriage. His first wife is actress Jacqueline Ray. They stayed married for 11 years.
6. He is most famous for his role as Magnum in Magnum, P.I. The show lasted for 8 seasons (from 1980-1988), and a total of 156 episodes. Magnum brought him a Golden Globe in 1985. He was nominated for Golden Globe for the same role several times. In 1984, this role also won him an Emmy, another award he had been nominated for several times.
7. One of his most famous movie roles is in Three Men and a Baby, co-starring Steve Guttenberg and Ted Danson.
8. He guest-starred in Friends for several episodes, through several seasons. He played the eye doctor Richard Burke, the family friend of Ross and Monica’s parents. When he runs into the gorgeous Monica (Courteney Cox) in her late 20s, sparks fly all over the place. They start an affair despite the 21 years of age difference, and until Chandler, Richard remains the love of Monica’s life.
9. Tom Selleck also guest-starred in 4 episodes of the crime/drama/comedy Boston Legal, as one of exes of Candice Bergen, who plays one of the leading roles as one of the name partners. Selleck’s character Ivan, also a lawyer, managed to stay friends with her after the divorce. However things get complicated when he walks around professing his love for Bergen’s character Shirley. After all he is getting married yet again and he is asking Shirley to be his best man.
10. Selleck co-starred in 19 episodes of the popular TV series Las Vegas, a show starring Josh Duhamel.
11. Currently, he is co-starring in the TV series Blue Bloods.
12. In the 2010 comedy Killers, he co-starred as Katherine Heigl’s father, and Ashton Kutcher’s father- in-law.
13. In the comedy movie In and Out, he plays a reporter out to interview Howard, an engaged guy (Kevin Kline) who is “outed” by an ex-student. Despite his masculine looks and image, Tom Selleck’s character is also gay. Kline and Selleck shared screen time with Joan Cusack and Matt Dillon.
14. He has been appearing on the screen since 1969.