Tired of Fleas? Simple Cost Effective Safe Way to Eliminate Fleas for Good
What can happen if your animal has lots of fleas and itches all the time? If you are an animal lover then you know the problem with fleas. Once they attach to your dog or cat watch out.
- 1/12 to 1/6" in size
- They are flat
- They suck blood
- They are dark or reddish brown
- they have 6 legs and do not fly but they jump or hop
- They can live anywhere in your carpet , in your bed, on your couch and of course on anything alive
- They are also best known for spreading the Bubonic Plague
- they can transmit bacterial disease
- they can cause allerigic reactions
- Fleas can live for about 100 days.
- They can jump up to 8" high
- A pair of fleas will produce 400 to 500 babies in their life.
So now that you know a few facts about fleas, you can see the importance of getting rid of them quickly.
- 50 fleas in your house
- 25 to pair up and mate
- each pair produce 400-500 in a hundred day span
- You now have 10,000 to 12,500 fleas in your house. (and that just continues)
Therein lies the problem, you have to get rid of all the fleas and not just the adult fleas or you are still infested.
What Not to use!
- You do not want to use a chemical based eliminator as that can harm your animals
- You do not want heavy duty insecticide as that can kill your animals
- You also do not want your children to be exposed to these chemicals
- You don't want to bomb your house and have to leave for hours before coming back
- And then you don't want to leave your windows open after bombing as more fleas will come in.
So then what should you use and how should you apply it?
- A natural method
- There is a product I highly recommend called orange guard
- You can find this at ace hardware outlet online for the best price
- You can also find this at most hardware stores.
- You don't need to use tons of it
- It is totally safe
- Non toxic
- Smells like oranges
How to use:
- Because this is non toxic you can use it everywhere.
- It will not harm you, your pets or you children in anyway
- it comes in a spray gallon so it is easy to apply
Where to use:
- Under cabinets
- pets beds
- directly on your carpet
- Directly on your furniture (will not stain or hurt it)
- Dark warm spots
- Laundry baskets
- And of course spray around the yard at least 10 feet from the house out.
Your house will smell like oranges and that can be a little strong but believe me it is worth it. Fleas die immediately.
Now as an extra I also use a dryer sheet and spray some on that and then rub my dogs and cats down with the dryer sheet. They like the smell and will run around when you are finished as if they just got a treat.
And the best part is you will only need to spray once a month and this stuff also eliminates
- all insects
I also like to spray the bushes around my house and the trees.
Another way to really help your pets is to make sure they are covered with heart medicine for heartworms. Now I bring this up as Advantage carries a heart guard that also help eliminate fleas. So they try to jump on your animal and then jump back off.
Since I have been using the orange Guard I no longer have roaches, fleas, occasionally a spider...but thats it.
Another more popular method today in 2017 is using a flea collar. Flea collars have been around for a long time and have been proven to be safe for both dogs and cats. In additions you can talk to your veterinarian about the new flea pills that can keep your pets free of fleas and the problems fleas can cause.
In addition there are shampoos and spot on treatments that can also keep your dog or cat free of fleas. Newer designs like Seresto work for up to 8 months. And Sentinel also carries many products to keep fleas away from your dog and cat. If you live in a hot, humid and wooded area, you need to pay particular attention,