TigerDirect is a technology store with all types of electronics. They also sell other types of products plus they offer services. TigerDirect is located in Miami, Florida and has been in business for 20 years. Their online store, TigerDirect.com has been ranked in the top 25 online retailers by the New York Times. TigerDirect also has retail stores in addition to their online technology store. You can contact their customer sales department at 1-800-800-8300 and their customer service number is 1-800-888-6111.
TigerDirect Technology and Product Line
TigerDirect sells a large selection of electronic and technology products, and more. You can search for products on TigerDirect by the category:
- Cell Phones
- Computers and Tablets lists computers, peripherals and accessories
- Computer Hardware includes components and networking
- Electronics has televisions, GPS, hobby electronics, audio, computer games and more.
- Health, Fitness and Sports category carries sports and outdoor, exercise and fitness and health and beauty.
- Home Improvement includes home and garden and home automation
- Luggage, bags and cases
- Office and Supplies sells office furniture, office supplies and office equipment
- Toys, Games and Hobbies
- Vehicle and Marine
You can also search TigerDirect in different categories including:
- Best Sellers
- Deals Under $25
- Deals Under $50
- Deals Under $100
- Gift Ideas
- Open Deals
- Recycled Computers
- Top Rated Products
- Shop by Brand
TigerDirect has a helpful section titled Network University which includes home and office networking questions and answers. The Networking University categories are:
- Wireless Router
- Wireless Adapters
- Network Storage
- Print Servers
TigerDirect also has another great section called the Do-It-Yourself Corner.
TigerDirect offers the following online and home services:
- Extended Protection Plans that includes benefits like 5-day service guarantee, 100% parts and labor and no deductions, in-home service for large TVs and desktops, 24/7 customer service and more.
- Home Installation
- Cloud Storage
- Remote Service and Support that includes 24/7 U.S. based customer support, data backup, education and training, PC tune-ups and more.
- Data Recovery
- Trade-In and Recycle Program
- Customization Services
TigerDirect Shipping Policy
You can see your shipping costs once you put an item into the shopping cart. TigerDirect ships primarily by UPS and also offers Second Day Ground and Next Day Air.
TigerDirect Return Policy
TigerDirect allows customers to return products within 30 days of receipt for a refund or an exchange on most items. Other items can be returned within 14 days of the original purchase date like televisions, game consoles, digital cameras, laptops and tablets. All returns must be in new and resalable condition and include all manuals and accessories. Some items cannot be returned such as batteries, ink and other consumables. TigerDirect may also charge a 15% restocking fee.
TigerDirect Customer Ratings
TigerDirect lists numerous awards and certificates including:
- An A rating from the Better Business Bureau
- They are a Google Trusted store
- TigerDirect is approved by Stella Service
- 2012 golden Bridge Award
- Awarded the Circle of Excellence by Bizrate.com in 2010
They have the following customer ratings from Bizrate.com:
- Overall satisfaction of 8.8 out of 10
- Would shop here again: 8.8/10
- Likelihood to recommend: 8.9/10
- Satisfaction of checkout: 8.6/10
- Prices relative to other online stores
- Shipping charges: 7.7/10
- Product selection: 8.8/10
- Customer support: 8.3/10
- Returns Process: 6.9/10.
Founded in 2002, Monoprice is a technology store that carries a large selection of technology products. Monoprice is an online technology store that specializes in high quality cables, components and accessories for computers and consumer electronics. You can contact the company at 1-877-271-2592.
Monoprice Technology Product Line
Monoprice sells technology, consumer electronics and accessories with each main category having a large selection of sub-categories which makes it easy to find what you are looking for. Their main categories are:
- Home Theater
- Cable. All cables have a 1-year warranty
- Video/ Audio Switches
- Computer Accessories
- ink and Toner
Monoprice Learning Center
Monoprice includes on their website, a Learning Center with videos and articles that include helpful topics like:
How to install TV wall mount brackets at the lowest price / YouTube
Monoprice has drivers and downloads for many of the products they sell. Many of these downloads are manuals, installation guides and drivers.
Monoprice Shipping Policy
Monoprice does not list their shipping rates. They do offer expedited methods of shipping and international shipping.
Monoprice Return Policy
Monoprice accepts returns within 30 days of the delivery date. All returns must be authorized by the company before you can make a return. There is no restocking fee.
Monoprice Customer Ratings
Monoprice has excellent customer ratings and comments, including being rated excellent by Stella Service. Google Wallet gives Monoprice an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 and ResellerRatings.com rates them 8.8/10 with the following customer comments:
- "Excellent Customer Service! I had an issue with 2 sets of speakers I purchased and they offered to swap them out without a problem. They care about their customers and it shows. I've been buying from the for about 3 years and will continue to do business with them."
- “Monoprice is a great place to shop for A/V, cables, and small electronics…”
- "These guys stand by their products 100%. They have the best prices and the best customer support to match their products. Thanks Monoprice!"
AVADirect is a technology store that carries mainly computers, computer peripherals and accessories. AVADirect is a custom computer manufacturer located in Cleveland, Ohio and you can call them at 1-866-766-4629. They specialize in building custom computer systems for Windows and Linux servers, desktops, workstations, gaming systems and business PCs. AVADirect has an impressive list of clients including:
- National Guard
- United States Navy
- L3 Communications
- Lockheed Martin
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Army
AVADirect also has the following quality certifications:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- ANSI/ESD 20:20 Standard Compliance
AVADirect Technology Product Line
AVADirect sells computer systems, computer hardware and DIY computer components. They sell everything you will need in computer hardware to fix, build or modify your computer plus they sell barebone computers and DIY computer hardware. Their categories are:
AVADirect carries all brands of computer hardware and accessories such as Intel, AMD, Microsoft, Western Digital, MSI, Gigabyte and many more.
AVADirect Computer Guides
AVADirect has a computer guide section that includes a collection of helpful computer guides like:
They also have a forum with hundreds of interesting and helpful computer related topics.
AVADirect Shipping Policy
AVADirect does not give shipping rates. Their policy states that shipping is an additional charge unless otherwise indicated at the time of the sale.
AVADirect Return Policy
Custom built products may not be returned and are non-refundable unless they were purchased within 30 days, in need of repair, under warranty or do not work properly. There will be a 15% restocking fee.
Non-custom built products or components can be returned within 25 calendar days after receiving the product. There is a 30% restocking fee for these returns.
Modified products cannot be returned. Before you make a return, you must first get a return merchandise authorization number.
AVADirect Customer Ratings
AVADirect has excellent customer comments and a perfect rating. ResellerRatings.com rates AVADirect a perfect 10 out of 10 based on 1,065 customer reviews including:
- "Two time purchaser here who has run his business and gamed mercilessly on AVA machines for over 5 years. Extremely pleased and would recommend to anyone in market for custom build rig."
- "I am a professional nature photographer and needed a fast, responsive and reliable machine, without being loaded with the normal "bloatware" associated with mainstream brands. While I am a photoshop power user, I am not a techie guy. Joe at AVA Direct was extremely helpful in helping me spec the machine (for a non-techie guy, the choices on their website is somewhat overwhelming). In a nutshell, I am delighted with the final product…”
- "I am very picky with my computers, and I must have bothered the hell out of their customer service, but they were always super helpful, polite and willing to help me get exactly what I wanted. And after a reasonable amount of time, my custom laptop arrived and I was blown away at the quality of every part and the performance was amazing. Definitely going to look here for when I decide to get my desktop!"
Technology Stores Summary
All three stores are unique enough that you should be able to find any type of technology, computer and consumer electronic products you need.
TigerDirect sells technology, consumer electronics and computer products, plus fitness and exercise equipment, office furniture and bags and cases. TigerDirect also sells services including cloud storage, extended protection plans and more.
Monoprice sells only technology and consumer electronic products. They have a large selection of home theater and home electronic products and a large selection of electronic components such as cables and adapters. Their website also has helpful technology related articles and videos.
AVADirect is a computer store only, building and selling custom computer systems, DIY computers and a good selection of computer hardware. They only sell computers and computer related products.