Stubhub vs. Ticket Liquidator vs. Ticketmaster: Top Ticket Sites Reviewed and Compared
Stubhub has been a popular and well-known ticket site to buy and sell tickets for all types of events since 2000. Stubhub is owned by eBay and provides an open marketplace for both those looking to buy tickets and sellers that want to sell their tickets. Stubhub does not sell or buy tickets; they are a platform for buyers and sellers. Sellers set their ticket prices.
There are several ways to search for the events that you want to get tickets for on Stubhub. You can browse trending events, recommended, upcoming, popular events and venues for your location. Stubhub also sells parking passes separately for events. You can search for tickets by their main categories and subcategories.
- Sporting Event Tickets include all major league sports, college sports, motor sports, NASCAR, fights, MMA and much more.
- Concert Tickets for all types of music such as rock, pop and hip-hop, classical and vocal, country and folk, jazz, blues and R&B and music festivals
- Theater Tickets for the ballet and dance, Cirque, musicals, comedy, family and plays.
Buying Tickets on Stubhub
When you find the event you want tickets for on Stubhub, you will be shown the venue and the seating. You can click on different sections of the venue and you will be shown a view of the field or floor from those seats.
You will also see seat prices which you can sort by ticket prices, sections or rows. When you find the tickets you want, you click on GO. Certain sections will let you select how many tickets you want or you will be shown exactly how many tickets are available.
Stubhub Ticket Delivery
Stubhub tickets can be delivered by different methods and costs.
- Electronic delivery gives customers the option of getting their tickets by electronic delivery, instant download or the will call window or ticket kiosk. The cost is $4.95 to $5.45.
- Express shipping will usually be shipped by UPS only within the U.S. and Canada. The cost is $11.95 to $24.95 depending on the destination and how quickly your tickets need to be shipped.
- Last Minute Service (LMS) allows customers to buy tickets right up until the last minute and pick the tickets up at a Last Minute Service Center. The cost is $15.00.
Stubhub Buyers Guarantee
Stubhub ticket site guarantees buyers the following:
- Buyers will get their tickets in time for the event and that the tickets will be valid for entry.
- If the above requirements are not met, Stubhub will find you comparable replacement tickets or send you a refund.
- Stubhub handles all customer support issues; you will never have to deal with the seller.
- You will get a refund if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
Stubhub Seller Sellers Guarantee
- It is free to list your tickets on Stubhub
- Sellers can set and adjust their prices at any time before the sale of the tickets.
- You will get paid for all sales you complete as listed.
- Sellers will never have to deal with ticket buyers.
Ticket Liquidator is a ticket site that has been connecting ticker sellers with buyers since 2003. Ticket Liquidator does not own the tickets on their website and they do not price or ship the tickets. They are just the marketplace where registered companies and individuals sell tickets. Ticket Liquidator monitors all sales and constantly rates all sellers using a rating system where sellers are ranked on the basis of their quality of service.
Ticket Liquidator Tickets
You can browse for events and tickets on Ticket Liquidator by using their search engine, browse by city or state or by going to their event categories.
- Concert tickets for events that include popular tours, country music and Hip Hop.
- Sporting events for all major sport leagues, college sports, NASCAR racing, WWE wrestling and more.
- Theater tickets for musicals, Broadway, family shows and much more.
Buying Tickets on Ticket Liquidator
Once you find the event or concert you are looking for, you will see the section and the rows with available tickets and a seating map of the venue. Green colored sections will have tickets available. By clicking on those sections, you will see a box with ticket information.
Ticket Liquidator Ticket Delivery
Sellers on Ticket Liquidator have several delivery method options. Tickets that are mailed will be mailed by FedEx. Some ticket sellers can also offer email delivery or will call at the venue.
Ticket Liquidator Refunds and 125% Guarantee
Ticket Liquidator states that all sales are final and there are no refunds, exchanges or cancellations. If an event is postponed, your tickets will be good for the rescheduled date. If the event has been cancelled entirely with no rescheduled date, customers will get a refund minus shipping costs.
Ticket Liquidator and the Secondary Market / YouTube
Ticket Liquidator offers a 125% money back guarantee with the following conditions:
- If your order is accepted but not delivered by the seller.
- If your order is accepted by the seller, but shipped too late by the seller.
- You were denied entry into the event because of the tickets or invalid tickets were provided by the seller. You will need verifiable proof for this refund. Voids do not count as verifiable proof.
Ticketmaster is a ticket site that was founded in 1976 by Albert Leffler, Peter Gadwa and Gordon Gunn. The first tickets they sold were for an Electric Light Orchestra concert at the University of New Mexico in 1977. In 2010, Ticketmaster merged with Live Nation and created Live Nation Entertainment.
You can browse for events and tickets on Ticketmaster by using their search engine, Top Recommended, Hot Tickets, Just Announced, by venue, by dates or by browsing their categories.
- Music by artist or the type of music such as jazz, rock and pop, hip-hop, alternative rock, R&B and much more.
- Sporting events covering all major league sports and teams, all college games and sports, golf, MMA, boxing and more.
- Art and Theater tickets for Broadway, off-Broadway, comedy, museums and exhibits, musical, operas, plays and more.
Buying Tickets on Ticketmaster
When you find the event you want to buy tickets for on Ticketmaster, you will be shown a seating map of the venue and all of the available tickets. You will be able to use the slide bar and narrow down the price range you are looking for. You can click on a seat or section and you will be shown the available tickets for that seat and then you can click on Buy Tickets.
You will be shown the price plus what the price includes. There can be service fees, facility charges and additional taxes. The service fee I was shown for NY Yankee tickets was $7.00, so fees can be different for each event.
Ticketmaster Ticket Delivery
Ticketmaster has the following ticket delivery options.
- Delayed - Print at Home costs $2.50 and all print-at-home tickets will be delivered 10 days prior to the event.
- Delayed - 2 Business Day (Evening) - US $18.50
- Delayed - 2 Business Day (Morning) - US $19.50
- Delayed - 3 Business Day (Evening) - US $14.50
- Delayed - Saturday Morning - US $25.00
- Delayed -US Mail - No additional charge
Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee
Ticketmaster has a 100% fan guarantee that includes the following guarantees.
- All tickets are 100% official
- They verify all tickets sold
- Buyers will have three days to change their mind. All tickets for participating venues and teams are refundable 72 hours after purchase up to one week before the event. For a refund the venue or team has to be on their participating list.
- Ticketmaster will exchange tickets if you find better seats. You will get a refund on the original seats when you buy new tickets for an equal or higher price from participating venues.
- Automatic refunds if an event is cancelled and refunds upon request if you cannot make the rescheduled date.
- For any questions, you can call Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000.
Top Ticket Sites Conclusion
You can find tickets for most if not all events on these ticket sites. I found Ticketmaster a little confusing at first when looking for baseball tickets. Ticketmaster also lists tickets directly from a team or venue in addition to individual sellers.
Stubhub and Ticket Liquidator are just platforms for sellers to connect with ticket buyers. Stubhub handles all customer issues and Ticket Liquidator monitors all ticket sales and rates the sellers on their website for quality.