SPANX vs. Leonisa vs. Bellefit Maternity: Womenâ€™s Shapewear and Maternity Clothing Stores Compared
SPANX was founded in 2000 by Sarah Blakely with a focus on solving wardrobe problems. Their catchy motto is “To make the world a better place one butt at a time.” The company has grown to include bras, leggings, underwear, active wear and more. In March 2010, Sarah Blakely was named the world’s youngest, self-made female billionaire by Forbes Magazine. Their headquarters are in Atlanta, Georgia with numerous retail stores throughout the United States.
SPANX Clothing for Women
SPANX features several ways customers can search for the exact type of products they are looking for, main categories, shops and silhouette. Their women’s clothing line includes the following categories:
- Leggings: Structured, seamless, active, every wear and new leggings.
- Shapewear: Bodysuits, mid-thighs, footless and capris, girl shorts, panties, tanks and camis, slips and new shapewear products.
- Bras: Full coverage, wireless, underwire, racerback, push-up, strapless, demi, DD+ bras, and new bras.
- Panties: Thongs, briefs, boy shorts, hipsters, new panties, and bikinis and cheekies.
- Hosiery: Tights, sheers, footless, fashion, socks, and new hosiery products.
- Plus: Leggings, shapewear, bras, panties, and hosiery.
- Maternity products.
SPANX also shows new products and best sellers in each category. They also have a small selection of men’s underwear and under shorts.
SPANX has a Shops category that is divided into the following shops:
- Seasonal Must-Haves
- Best Selling
- The Originals
Shop by Silhouette
On SPANX, customers can also shop by choosing the silhouette they are looking for, which is a quicker way to find exactly what you are looking for than by going through each main category. Their silhouette categories are:
- Girl Shorts
SPANX Customer Perks
- SPANX offers free standard shipping with no minimum amount required for shipping in all 50 United States. This offer does not apply to international shipping.
- Students can get a 20% discount on all products at SPANX.
- Their web site also includes Richard Branson’s Blog.
- They have helpful size charts.
- SPANX has numerous retail stores around the United States. Customers can call a retail store and make an appointment with a member of the expert Transformation Team for your complimentary one-on-one SPANX styling session.
SPANX Customer Comments
SPANX women’s clothing can also be found on Amazon.com with plenty of ratings and reviews. For the most part they have fair to good ratings, as with clothes, most complaints had to do with finding the right size. A few reviews about the SPANX women’s Power Capris include:
- “This product has a great color and feel, but it rips very easily. It has the consistency of hose and I was expecting something more sturdy. It ripped the second time I put it on and I am careful.”
- “While the leg portion is very sheer, it does smooth more naturally than so many other brands. Just have to put on carefully so as not to snag or tear. In terms of size, I am 5'9" and weigh 165 lbs, and had purchased size C, but that was too loose in the leg. Size B, much to my surprise, was just right.”
- “Oh my goodness--- I love these Spanx capris. I would totally give them 5 stars while they last, but they never last long enough. They always end up with major runs in the legs, and they are no good after that happens. But if I go to the regular spanx, they always end up rolling up or you can see a leg dent where they fall on the thigh. If they would make the leg part of these capris with sturdier material, I think they would last a lot longer.”
Leonisa has been in business since 1956, creating and selling innovative, high-end intimate apparel for women. Leonisa is the best selling intimate apparel brand in Latin America and a major contender in the US. Leonisa has four retail stores, all located in Georgia and nearly more than 50 retail stores throughout Central and South America. They carry clothing for men, mainly active wear and underwear.
Leonisa Clothing for Women
Leonisa gives customers numerous ways to shop for the clothing they are looking for. Customer can search for clothing by solution, by control area, by material, and shop by style. Their main categories include:
- Shop by Style: Bodysuits, contouring bras, panty girdles, waist cinchers, bustiers and camisoles, and control leggings.
- Shop by Solution: Maternity and postpartum, slim and firm control, comfy control, seamless no show, butt lifters, and posture corrector.
- Post Surgical: Breast surgeries, liposuction and tummy tucks, arm lift, hips and legs liposuction, and buttock surgeries.
- Shop by Material: PowerSlim, SkinFuse, latex, Shapewear in Smartlace, and Durafit.
- Bridal Shapewear
- Shop by Style: Strapless, full figure, Demi cup, wireless, Balconette, underwire, padded, bralette, convertible bras, sports bras, front closure and lace.
- Shop by Solution: Push up, support and minimizer bras, invisible and no show, post surgical, mastectomy, and back support bras.
- Shop by Style: Thongs, bikini briefs, hip huggers and cheekies, boy shorts, and high cut and classic.
- Shop by Solution: Panty girdles, sports underwear, invisible and seamless, maternity and pregnancy, postpartum, post surgical, and butt lifters.
- Shop by Material: PowerSlim, SkinFuse, Durafit, SmartLace, cotton, and bridal.
- Swimsuit Styles: Tankinis, bikinis, one piece and monokinis, cover ups, and push up tops.
- Control Level: Tummy smooth control, tummy moderate control, tummy firm control, and bikini bottom control.
- Top Styles: Triangle top, underwire swimsuits, strapless and bandeau, and halter top.
- Bottom Styles: Tangas, scoop bikini bottom, and hip huggers.
- Structured: Pant like leggings
- Seamless: Incredible stretch
- Active: Figure flattering
- Every Wear: Versatile wear
Leonisa also carries outwear that includes sportswear, clothes and accessories.
Leonisa Men’s Clothing
Leonisa carries a small selection of clothing for men that include:
- Men’s Shapewear: Abdominal compression, butt enhancement, back support, dual lifting, and post surgical shapewear.
- Men’s Underwear: Boxer briefs, briefs, and innerwear.
- Leo Fit Sports: Sport shapewear, compression t-shirts, and sport underwear.
Leonisa offers free shipping in the United States that include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam. Leonisa will pre-pay all import duties for orders to Canada. They also ship internationally.
Leonisa Current Coupons
- 30% Off Sale Items and Free Shipping at Leonisa
- $25 Off on orders of $150 or more + Free USPS Priority Shipping at Leonisa
- 30% Off on Already Reduced Items at Leonisa
Leonisa Customer Comments
Leonisa clothing products can also be found on Amazon.com with fair to good ratings. A few customer comments for their women’s Super Comfy Control Shapewear panties include:
- “Comfy doesn't even begin to describe how comfy these really are! I must say I generally like a high cut panty and any boy shorts that I've tried have been too hot and too much fabric and frankly nothing I have ever tried has ever helped me with the panty line dilemma. It's like they are engraved on me! But these really make a huge difference and are super cute with the faux thong back, sharp looking! I bought one pair in blue before making an investment, and am coming back to order five more pairs in blue and my favorite, black.”
- “These are nicely made and fit well. IUnfortunately, the waistband rolls all the time, so this makes a smooth shape wear panty worthless. I am a size 10 and not too much of a muffin to deal with, but it is so annoying that the waistband rolls all day. Will not wear again.”
- “Oh my, where have these been all my life? Sexy, supportive, non-binding, and no creep up; what more do we want? At 5'5" and 166 pounds, at the age of 64, I chose a large size. I feel positively glamorous and comfortable in these.”
- “They are very nice and well made just disappointed they barely provide any pressure on the lower belly, which is what I was looking for. I am slim and rather on the athletic side but some days have a little pouch and these don’t help at all. Other than that smoothens a little and very comfy.”
Located in Weston, Florida, Bellefit Maternity has been in business since 2008 and is the leading medical brand of therapeutic postpartum and prenatal products. They have the following awards and approvals:
- Women Business Certification by the Office of Supplier Diversity FL, USA
- Approved as a Medical-Grade Postpartum garment
- Bellefit girdles are FDA registered medical devices with certification #3010828570
Bellefit Maternity Advantages
Bellefit Maternity’s website explains their postpartum girdles and corsets in detail. Their products can help with the following:
- Great for C-section recovery
- Helps with diastasis-recti
- Convenience with urination
- Help with lymphatic drainage
- Treatment of Pendulous Abdomen
- Lower back pain relief
Bellefit Maternity Products
Bellefit Maternity has the following categories for their products:
- Bellefit girdles
- Gift certificates
- Nursing pajamas
- Prenatal support
Bellefit Maternity Girdles and Corset Prices
Bellefit Maternity sells several types of maternity girdles and each one includes customer reviews and ratings. Their maternity girdles and prices are:
- Dual closure girdle is a front closure and side zipper girdle for $145.00.
- Bellefit corset is a front closure corset for $108.75.
- Girdle with zipper has the zipper on the side that costs $101.25.
- Girdle pull up has no zippers for a price of $72.50.
All of the above girdles and corsets are a FDA registered medical device certification #3010828570.
Bellefit Maternity Resources
Bellefit Maternity’s website includes many resources including:
- Childbirth recovery
- A girdle sizing calculator
Bellefit Maternity Shipping
Bellefit Maternity offers free 2-3 day business delivery by USPS with all orders over $67.50. This free shipping offer also includes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and APO/FPO military addresses.
Bellefit Maternity Customer Comments
For the most part, Bellefit Maternity has good comments about their maternity girdles and corsets on Amazon.com. A few comments about their Bellefit postpartum girdle pull-up, medical-grade, compression & support:
- “I ordered this girdle shortly after the birth of my third child and it was EXACTLY what I needed!! Provided a smoothing effect over looser skin in front and also gave my back more structure. It's a very comfortable girdle, no digging into my upper back area. I wore this girdle multiple times/week for a period of two years and it held up really well!! I would highly recommend this girdle to other ladies needing some mid section support. I've received many compliments about looking toned and back to normal after having three little ones!”
- “Went according to size chart and it did not fit! Very disappointed. I'm a size 2 in jeans and weigh 120lbs and I'm also 3 months postpartum.. don't know how they said this could be worn right after giving birth when I can't even get it on now!”
- “Got my girdle in the mail just a few days ago, and I am so very impressed with the customer service I have received with this purchase! I was contacted the same day I placed the order to make sure I had ordered the correct size, and the best style for my body type. The responses were all very quick and professional. just based on customer service alone I will be recommending this company to all of my expecting friends and family, the quality of the girdle itself is just another great bonus to this product, the fabric feels very soft and durable, very well made all around.”
Bellefit Maternity FDA approved girdles cannot really be compared with the other two women’s clothing stores, all of their prices are listed above in their review.
- SPANX open bust mid-thigh bodysuit - $88 to $92
- Leonisa power slimmed mid-thigh body shaper - $90
- SPANX active compression midnight sky pants - $110
- Leonisa Get Fit compression pants - $75
- Bellefit maternity girdles and corsets range in price from $74 to $145.