SnapFish vs Mpix vs Adoramapix vs Shutterfly: Best Photo Printing Service
SnapFish has their United States headquarters in San Francisco, California. They are best known helping everyone turn their photos into personal décor, mugs, prints, photo books and much more.
SnapFish makes it easy to choose the products you are looking for with prices easily displayed for each product. Their product categories include:
- Prints: Standard prints in sizes ranging from 4x4” to 8x10”. Large prints up to 20”x30”. Specialty prints that include collage prints, square prints, framed prints and wallet prints.
- Canvas prints and wall décor: Wood panels, aluminum prints, medallion panels, canvas and framed canvas prints, acrylic prints, framed matted prints, blankets and pillows.
- Photo gifts: Coffee mugs, plush fleece blankets, photo pillows, magnets, canvas totes, drink ware, phone cases, bags and apparel, gifts for kids, jewelry and accessories and seasonal gifts.
- Cards: Invitations, holidays, baby and kids, greeting cards and specialty cards.
- Calendars: Customers have a choice of wall or desk calendar types in sizes that range from 8.5” x 11” to 10” x 5” and their newest size of 9” x 12”.
SnapFish also has a great selection of Photo Books that include the following:
- Book types: Hardcover, lay flat hardcover, premium lay flat, linen, hardcover, leather hardcover and soft cover.
- Designs: Family, travel, weddings, baby and everyday.
- Sizes: Their photo book sizes range from 5”x7” to 11”x 14” with their best seller being 8”x11” size.
- Design categories: SnapFish offers many templates to help you design a photo book including simple, year in review, family, travel, wedding, baby, school year and what’s hot.
Customers can add photos to their account via your mobile device, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.
How SnapFish Works
Creating and making your photo book is easy on SnapFish with the following steps:
- Pick your design
- Make your photo book
- Choose a design theme
- Arrange items easily
- Edit backgrounds
- Select embellishments
- Choose a photo layout
- Add the text you want
Their website offers many helpful tips and videos for making a photo book.
SnapFish has clearly stated prices for all of their photo products. Here are a few examples of their popular photo products and prices.
- 8”x11” hardcover photo books start at $39.99 for 20 pages.
- Standard prints ranging in size from 4”x 5.3” to 8” x 10” starts at 9 cents.
- Large prints up to 11” x 14” to 20” x 30” start at $9.99.
- Specialty prints start at 99 cents.
- Framed prints / tabletop start at $24.99.
- Table top wood prints start at $24.99.
- Aluminum wall prints start at $69.99 and aluminum tabletop prints start at $25.99.
- An 11” x 14” photo calendar starts at $34.99 and they offer many different sizes of calendars.
- An 11 ounce coffee mug costs $12.99.
- A 15 ounce travel coffee mug costs $24.99.
- A plush fleece photo blanket starts at $74.99.
This is just a small sample of all of the photo products they offers.
Customers can also pick up their prints at any CVS, Walgreens or Walmart stores. SnapFish also ships their photo products internationally and they accept international credit cards.
- 50% off all products at SnapFish
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $15 at SnapFish
- 50% Off Calendars at SnapFish
Mpix was founded in 2003 and is located in Pittsburgh, Kansas and all of their products are made right there in Kansas. They offer excellent quality and service in creating the best quality photo goodies and stationery.
Mpix Photo Products
Mpix offers many types of photo products and photo printing services including:
- Prints: Photo prints, collage prints, metal prints, canvas prints, framed prints, standout prints and film.
- Wall art: Canvas gallery wraps, modern metals, framed prints, modern metal collages and print and framed collages.
- Cards: Cards for all occasions like birthdays, back to school, birth announcements, Valentines Day, holidays, party invitations, weddings, business cards and DIY cards.
- Photo gifts: Accordion minis, calendars, dry erase calendars, keepsake boxes, holiday ornaments, magnets, photo buttons, statuettes, playing cards and more.
- Photo Books: Premium panoramic photo books, soft cover panoramic photo books, economy photo books and accordion mini photo books.
- Sports: Flashlight key chains, memory mates, magazine covers, photo trader cards and more.
- Mpix website includes many helpful sections that can teach all customers about each of their products that will help you choose what styles of photo books are best for you.
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more with your first order.
- Fast shipping. Nearly all print and card orders are shipping out in just one business day.
- Their prints and products are handcrafted in the USA at their business in Kansas.
- They back all of their photo products with a satisfaction guarantee.
Mpix clearly shows their prices for each of their photo products. Each product shows an extensive list of prices. The following is an example of a few of the photo product prices:
- Photo books: Premium panoramic photo books start at $39.99 and soft cover panoramic starts at $19.99. They also have economy photo books starting at $19.99 with up to 50 pages.
- Prints: Mpix has many paper choices and prices. You can search by size from small through large that range in price from 79 cents for 1 to 10 wallet size prints to $20.39 for 1 to 10 16” x 20” prints. The more prints you order, the bigger the discount. Paper choices include metallic paper with a glossy pearlescent finish or a classic matte finish for black and white photos.
- Calendars: Mpix offers many different types of calendars. Their most popular calendar offers two choices between center fold and spiral binding on top that start at $20 per calendar.
- Collages start at $3.29 for an 8” x 10” collage.
Each of their prices are clearly shown depending on all of the options you desire in your photo products.
Adoramapix has been in business for over 10 years and is committed to serving the photographic community. They are known for their excellent customer service and superior quality of their prints. Adoramapix uses technological advanced printers, top quality papers and the best software to produce the best prints at affordable prices.
Adoramapix offers the following photo services and products:
- Photo books: Photo book covers, lay flat designs, various shapes and sizes. They also offer photo books for all types of occasions like weddings, photography, family and panoramic.
- Photo prints: Posters, photo prints, hard cover photo books, leather lux photo books, fabric photo books, Hudson albums, metal prints, canvas prints and framed photos.
- Wall décor: Metal prints, canvas prints, acrylic prints, photo collages and framed prints.
- Greeting cards: Greeting cards for all occasions like vintage photo cards, Valentines Day cards, baby cards, birthday cards, thank you cards, Fathers Day, Mothers Day and many other special occasion photo cards.
- Calendars: You can create your own calendar in various styles like desktop calendars, centerfold calendars and top hanging calendars.
- Occasions: Customers can also search by the following occasion categories like family, travel and wedding.
Adoramapix offers numerous customer features and perks that include:
- No sales tax outside of New York State.
- Free economy shipping on all orders of $49 and over in the continental United States.
- Free standard shipping on all orders of $29 and over within the continental United States for Pro Members.
- Orders to Canada are shipped for $12.
Adoramapix also clearly shows their prices for all of their products including the number of pages and options. A few of their prices include:
- Hard cover photo books with a luster cover (6” x 4.5”) start at $24.99 for 20 pages and an additional $1.80 for 2 additional pages up to 100 pages. Sizes go up to 12” x 12” for $69.99 for 20 pages.
- Photo prints (Kodak Endura luster) costs for this product start at $0.69 for a wallet size photo or 62 cents for 100 photos. Sizes go all the way up to 12” x 36” photos for $15.99 or $13.59 for 10 photos.
- Canvas Prints starts at $20.80 for an 8” x 8” canvas print up to $180.80 for a 24” x 36” canvas print.
- Calendars come in many size options from a 6” x 6” for $12.95 for 1 to 9 calendars to $29.95 for a 12” x 18” calendar with orders of 1 to 9 calendars. The most popular size is their 10” x 10” for $21.95 for 1 to 9 calendars. They offer more discounts for higher orders.
Shutterfly is another photo book service that will turn your photos into a photo book. Shutterfly sells more than photo books including:
- Photo books
- Cards and Stationary
- Photo Gifts
- Home Décor
How Shutterfly Works
With Shutterfly, you have two ways to make your photo book.
With the custom path method, you have the following options to make your photo book.
- You can add, move, and resize your photos and text anywhere.
- A large collection of background, embellishments, and layouts.
- 1 to 25 pictures per page with a maximum of 1,000 pictures.
The simple path gives you these options:
- The photos are arranged for you and then you can rearrange them and add captions.
- 20 styles of preset backgrounds and layouts.
- 1 to 4 pictures per page with a maximum of 500 pictures.
Shutterfly Photo Book Sizes and Prices
You can choose between the following photo book sizes.
- 5" x 7"
- 7" x 9"
- 8" x 8"
- 8" x 11"
- 12" x 12"
You have the following cover types to choose from. Not all cover types are available for all sizes. The prices will depend on the size of the photo book you choose.
- Soft photo cover costs between $12.99 and $24.99.
- Hard photo cover - $29.99 to $59.99.
- Matte finish ** (hard photo covers only): $5.00 to $10.00.
- Padded photo cover - $34.99 to $69.99.
- Cloth hard cover with die cut window** - $39.99 to 69.99.
- Leather hard cover with die cut window** - $39.99 to $74.99.
- Shutterfly coupons and discounts.
** Only available with the custom path method.
Shutterfly includes 20 pages in the regular price with additional costs that range from $0.50 to $1.50 per additional page.
If there is a problem, contact Shutterfly before returning any item as they might have better options to correct the problem. You will need to fill out their form before you return a product. Shutterfly reserves the right to issue a store credit for any returns after 60 days of receipt.
Shutterfly Shipping Costs
Shutterfly usually has a free shipping offer with the free shipping code changing monthly. Shutterfly also ships internationally to more than 100 countries. They offer the following shipping methods:
- Next Day
Please see their shipping page for a full list of shipping costs.
You can find the following coupons on DealSpotr.com or Knoji.com