Shatavari: An Excellent Medicinal Herb to Cure Many AilmentsFitness Equipment
Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus is a medicinal herb. It can cure a hundred diseases, hence the name. Shatavari is proven to treat many diseases in a clinical study conducted at Central Research Institute for Ayurveda, New Delhi.
Shatavari is widely used in Ayurveda. Let us see some medicinal uses for this excellent herb.
• Make fine powder with dry roots of Shatavari. Consuming 1g of powder with a cup of water daily cures urinary tract burning and helps to free the flow.
• Grind the roots to a fine paste. Boil 20g of this paste in 250ml cow milk for some time. Then filter it and add 20g candy sugar powder. This recipe is very beneficial in treating piles. This also cures blood-filled stools.
• Take a fist of tender leaves of this herb and fry them in cow ghee (clarified butter). Consuming this daily cures night blindness and improves vision.
• Shatavari is also effective in treating epilepsy. Mix 50g of Shatavari powder to same amount of candy sugar powder and store it in an airtight jar. Consume 5g of this powder with a cup of cow or buffalo milk daily to cure epilepsy.
• Take 50g juice of Shatavari roots and 50g of cow ghee. Mix them thoroughly and boil them on a low flame till the juice inscribes in the ghee. Now filter it and add equal amount of fine quality honey. Two or three drops of this mix in the ear will cure all types of ear problems.
Recipe for increasing libido and sperm count in men:
• Shatavari roots powder
• Tribulus terrestris seeds powder
• Cowhage or cow-itch seeds powder
• Golden eye grass powder
• Astercantha longifola seeds powder
1. Take all the powders in equal quantity and mix them thoroughly. Store it in a clean glass jar.
2. Consume 5g of this powder with same amount of candy sugar powder in a cup of warm cow milk two times daily; once early in the morning on empty stomach and once at bedtime.
3. It is considered as an excellent remedy for all male sexual problems including erection and early ejaculation.
Recipe for female reproductive problems:
• Shatavari roots powder
• White pepper powder
• Cinnamon powder
• Cowhage seeds powder
• Cardamom powder
• Indian gooseberry bark powder
• Country mallow roots powder
• Liquorice roots powder
• Pumpkin seeds powder
1. Take all the powders in equal quantity and mix them thoroughly. Store it in a dry glass jar.
2. Use 3g of this powder twice daily with half cup warm cow milk.
3. It treats many female reproductive problems like uterine fibroids, polyps, infertility, menstrual problems, ulcers in uterus etc.
It has antibacterial and anti-cancerous properties. It enhances memory. It is an aphrodisiac. It helps in reducing blood glucose so can be used for diabetic treatment. It is anti-inflammatory and can be used to treat cough, cold and other diseases. It can be used as a stress relieving agent.
Wikipedia and some Ayurveda books