SentryPC vs Net Nanny vs KidsWatch: Child Safety Software Compared
SentryPC has been in business since 2001 and is today one of the leading in computer monitoring software. They sell monitoring software for families and businesses with plenty of features.
SentryPC offers many features for families and companies that need to monitor their computer usage and is especially great for parents that would like to monitor their children’s activities on the internet. A few of their many internet security features include:
- 24/7 Remote Access in the Cloud: Access anywhere anytime, real-time activity viewing and management, top usage reports and more.
- Activity Monitoring and Reporting: Alert logging, application usage logging, chat conversation logging, events timeline, keystrokes typed, website usage logging and much more.
- Content Filtering and Restriction: Alert notifications by email, application filtering, chat filtering, security options and website filtering.
- Time Management and Scheduling: Time management and daily scheduling.
- Remote Installation and Stealth Operation: Email deployment, LAN and network deployment and physical deployment.
- Remote Uninstall
- Cloaked Installation
- Easy to Use Archiving and Logging
- Invisible and Stealth Operation: Sentry PC is designed to be invisible and secure using minimal CPU.
SentryPC offers numerous pricing plans to fit any computer monitoring situation and all yearly subscriptions include the following:
- SentryPC software by immediate download
- 24/7 remote cloud based account access
- Free updates for the life of the subscription
- 24/7 technical support
- Includes help documentation and guides
Their 1-year plans and pricing are as follows:
- 1 license – 1 PC: $59.95 per year and each additional license costs $19.95 per year.
- 50 licenses (50 PCs) - $995.00
- 100 licenses (100 PCs) - $1,595.00
- 250 licenses (250 PCs) - $2,995.00
- 500 licenses (500 PCs) - $3,995.00
- 1,000 licenses (1,000 PCs) - $4,995.00
SentryPC runs on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, NT and 200x.
NetNanny sells parental control software that will protect your children from accessing internet sites that you do not want your children to see. NetNanny will block internet sites like pornography, gambling, gaming sites and can also protect your children from cyber bullying and online predators.
NetNanny offers the following features:
- Internet filters: Set filtering for 18 different categories of online content to either block, warn, or allow for view.
- Block Pornography: Allows blocking of pornographic and adult websites.
- Social Media Monitoring: Keeps your children safe from online predators, bullying and other online threats.
- Time Management: Monitor how long your children can be on the internet and at what times of day they can be on the internet.
- Mask Profanity
- Alerts and reports: Alerts you about your child’s online activities via email.
- Remote Administration: Allows parents to remotely profile settings.
NetNanny has software for the following platforms:
NetNanny software has the following current prices:
- Windows: 1 PC for a one year license costs $31.99.
- MAC OS X: 1 PC for a one year license costs $31.99.
- Android: Protects 1 device for one year costs $10.39.
- Social Network cloud based one year license is $15.99.
- NetNanny browser for iOS products like iPhone, iPad and iPod costs $4.99 for one year.
NetNanny also sells licenses for 5, 10 and 15 PCs.
KidsWatch has been in business since 2004 and is one of the leading parental control software companies. They have been awarded the Gold Award since 2006 by Top Ten Reviews website.
KidsWatch is great for parents that are worried about their kid’s internet activities and the following features can put parents at ease when their children are on the internet:
- Monitor Chat Sessions: Get real-time reports of your children’s chat sessions and get alerted to any inappropriate activities.
- Time Management: Parents are able to create custom schedules for each child’s internet time.
- Block Website Access: KidsWatch has categorized many thousands of websites that are inappropriate for children and can filter these for parents.
- Block Web Content: This feature will also block inappropriate materials such as objectionable banner ads so your children will not be exposed to these ads.
- Customize Settings: This is an advanced setup wizard that will allow parents to set default settings according to the age of your children.
- Predator Alerts: The internet is full of predators looking to exploit children and this feature will notify parents of any types of bullying or predators in chat, email and more.
- Email Alerts: You will be able to get instant email reports for any type of inappropriate activity with the use of keywords.
KidsWatch works on Windows operating systems including XP, Vista, 8 and 7 on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
KidsWatch offers two packages and each offer free technical support and activation for up to three computers.
KidsWatch Time Management software costs $29.95 and includes the following features:
- Restricts internet and computer usage based on a schedule or time limit
- Restricts game playing to a specific schedule or time duration
- Restricts chatting and or IM based on a schedule or time limit
KidsWatch Professional is their comprehensive software for a price of $49.95 with the following features:
- All of the time management features
- Internet filtering features
- Chat monitoring and alerts
- Predator Watch
All three internet monitoring software companies provide great features. SentryPC offers the most features and is great for home use and using at companies. Both Net Nanny and KidsWatch are great for parents to be able to monitor their child’s internet use, including chat room, gaming and watch out for predators and bullying. KidsWatch has the lowest prices for their two pricing plans. NetNanny works with Windows and iOS, MAC OS X and Android devices. SentryPC has the most plans available for large corporations and your home.