Ring Pens to Help Carpal Tunnel Syndrome PatientsFitness Gear & Equipment
Any person who does repetitive finger or wrist motion for an extended period in their work , like typing on a keyboard, playing on musical instrument, writing or cutting with knife can acquire Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) also known as Writer’s cramp.
Fibrous tissue in the wrist supports the joints. Gap between wrist bone and fibrous tissue band is called the carpal tunnel. The median nerve that controls the sensations from the thumb, middle fingers and index fingers of the hand passes through the carpal tunnel. Swelling of tissue inside the carpal tunnel can aggravate and compress the median nerve which causes tingling and numbness of the thumb, index, and the middle fingers. This condition is known as "carpal tunnel syndrome."
The cause of their carpal tunnel syndrome is unknown in many cases. Any condition that induces pressure on the median nerve at the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Some of the common conditions include pregnancy, diabetes, obesity and arthritis. Any repetitive work, such as uninterrupted typing can lead to tendon inflammation which causes carpal tunnel.
People with carpal tunnel syndrome experience lack of sensation and tingling of the hand and fingers. People feel more wrist pain during night as fluid accumulates more around the wrist during resting. Progression of the disease leads to burning sensation, cramping and weakness of the hand. You may drop objects often as you may grip strength diminishes. Sharp pains can be felt in the forearm.
Ring pens to help carpal tunnel syndrome Patients.
Nonstop writing causes or blisters on your middle finger. As you grow older flexibility of fingers is reduced making it difficult to hold the pen whiles writing and the joints start aching and the quality of the handwriting progressively worsens. In To-day’s modern work culture, risk of developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is greatly increased. Bookkeepers, students, secretaries who do extensive writing activity are at risk in getting Writer’s cramp. Those affected by CTS requires continual medical treatment and some require surgery.
Prevention is better than cure. So using proper gadgets and technique, it is possible to avoid CTS
From time immemorial pen shape has never changed but Ring-Pen has changed that. Ring Pen is an ergonomically-designed pen. It has several positive reviews .Many people acknowledge that it is more comfortable and very easy to write with.
What Ring-Pen Does?
- Since it is attached to your finger, just like a ring, you can simultaneously do other activities.
- It eliminates the need to grip the pen tightly while writing.
- You can use two fingers instead of three for writing.
- Ring-Pen provides ridged support for the index finger which lessens strain on the fingers and wrist
- There is no need to grip tightly the pen as centre of gravity coincides with the point of support. So with minimum effort applied, writing can be done in a firm manner.
- Eliminates blisters on the middle finger
- It helps children to hold the pen in correct position, avoiding unusual writing positions.
- Repetitive action can be reduced.
- It reduces muscle tension in the finger that causes CTS.
- People with arthritis can writes with ease. Arthritis Foundation of USA has endorsed this product.
- Reduces writer's cramp and fatigue
- Refilling is easy. Additional refills can be purchased separately
- It makes writing easy and fast.
- It is an excellent tool for the children with poor fine motor skills.
- It improves your handwriting especially.
- You can write for longer periods of time without exhaustion
- Disabled people can access computers
- The Ring Pen promotes right writing posture
- Disabled people can access computers
Article Source :http://www.gizmag.com/go/3711/picture/8440/
Explore my factoidz Articles :