Richard Gere Trivia: An Officer, A Gentleman and the Prince of Pretty WomanFitness Equipment
image via sexycelebspics.com
1. American actor Richard Gere was born in Philadelphia, in 1949.
2. His full name is Richard Tiffany Gere.
3. He stands at 5' 11" (1.80 m).
4. In 2003, He won Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy- for his performance in the movie Chicago, co-starring Catherine Zeta- Jones and Renee Zellweger.
5. He was nominated twice before his win in 2003. In 1983, he was nominated for his role in An Officer and a Gentleman (Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama) and 1991, he was nominated with his role in Pretty Woman (Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy).
6. He has been married to actress Carey Lowell since 2002 and they have one kid together. Carey Lowell was born in 1961.
7. He was married to model Cindy Crawford in the 90s (1991-1995).
8. He didn’t finish university.
9. He is a Buddhist.
10. Thanks to his role in Chicago, he knows how to tap dance.
11. He can play the piano. It’s really Gere who plays the piano in Pretty Woman.
12. His most famous roles are in the movies An Officer and a Gentleman and Pretty Woman, both romantic films he wasn’t willing to do at first.
13. He co-starred with Julia Roberts twice: In 1990, they starred in Pretty Woman. Julia Roberts played an unlikely prostitute falling for a businessman (Gere). In 1999, they starred in another Gary Marshall-directed romantic comedy, The Runaway Bride. Pretty Woman remains the much more popular movie.
14. His movie roles include a gigolo, seemingly ruthless businessman, psychiatrist falling in love with the wrong woman, a gynecologist, criminal defense lawyer, doctor mourning the loss of his patient, a depressed and almost retired cop, a manic depressive patient, a seasoned journalist, a knight (Lancelot, to be Specific), and more.
15. His co-stars include Jesse Eisenberg, Terrence Howard, Diane Kruger (The Hunting Party), Julia Roberts, Hector Elizondo (Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride), Rita Wilson, Joan Cusack (Runaway Bride), Edward Norton, Laura Linney (Primal Fear), Uma Thurman, Eric Roberts, Kim Basinger (Final Analysis), Bill Pullman, Jodie Foster (Sommersby), Kim Basinger (No Mercy), Diane Lane, James Franco (Nights In Rodanthe), Lena Olin (Mr. Jones), Sean Connery, Julia Ormond (First Knight), Bruce Willis (The Jackal), Winona Ryder (Autumn in New York), Diane Lane, Oliver Martinez (Unfaithful), Jennifer Lopez, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci (Shall We Dance), Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawke (Brooklyn’s Finest) and more.
16. He didn't approve of George W. Bush's politics.