Puro Sound vs Beats by Dre vs SkullCandy: Wireless Headphones Compared
It’s definitely true that not all wireless headphones are created equal. Some people want wireless headphones for portability that you can take anywhere, others are more concerned with features in the home like safe listening. Here’s a side-by-side comparison of a few major wireless headphone companies so you can see which has the features you need.
Puro Sound has a focus on safe listening with their “healthy Ears” features. Many children end up being overzealous with their listening volume, so it helps to have headphones that take this into account if you plan on giving these devices to children.
- Free Priority Shipping-Many devices on the site have free shipping deals, including the Puro Kids section. The orange “Shop Now” link halfway down the main site will show you these headphones. The shipping only takes 2 to 3 days, and if you call before 2 PM Central during the week, you’ll get same-day shipping.
- TrustE Certified-This certification ensures that your financial data will be safe when you buy Puro Sound wireless headphones through the site.
- 18-Hour Battery Life-The BT2200 headphones let you use Bluetooth wireless support for 18 hours, which is definitely a decent amount of time for headphones. They also have 200 hours of standby life.
- Healthy Ears-This is a DSP-based ear protection technology that makes it so that you can’t bring your headphones up past 85 dBA. This is the upper limit recommended by audio specialists. The site claims that the headphones still deliver studio-grade performance within these guidelines, however.
- Gift Wrapping Service-If you’re buying the headphones for a friend or family member, you can pay $5 to have them wrap it for you before sending it off to the recipient.
Beats by Dre
Beats by Dre is renowned for their wireless headphones. They are known for being some of the more stylish wireless headphones on the market according to large sections of the general population. They also have plenty of features related to noise cancelling and extended battery life for the wireless Bluetooth part.
- 20-hour Rechargeable Battery-The Beats Studio wireless headphones have a 20-hour rechargeable battery. This works through a micro-USB slot. This also includes the ability to automatically turn on and off based on when you unplug, as well as a battery gauge clearly visible on the side for instantly telling how much power is left.
- Adaptive Noise Cancelling-This tech allows the wireless headphones to produce a type of counter to the world outside in order to isolate your music more completely. You can actually choose whether to isolate completely, or whether you want the normal mode of having a balance between the outside
- Light Headphones-Beats by Dre put a lot of effort recently into making their headphones as light as possible, including a 13 percent drop in the weight of the Beats Studio model.
SkullCandy is aimed at a younger audience that care more about fun aesthetics and cheaper prices.
- 20% Off Headphones for First Order-A box comes up when you first enter the site that allows you to sign up for email and get 20% off your first order, which can be a significant amount of money if you buy enough.
- Free Standard Shipping-Some products like the Hesh 2 Wireless headphones come with free standard shipping attached.
- 15 Hours per Charge-This is a bit on the lower end for listening time, but it’s still pretty good considering the headphones such as the Hesh 2 are far less expensive than many other wireless brands.
- Synthetic Leather-Headphones such as the Hesh 2 Wireless come with soft synthetic leather ear cups that makes it easier to listen to music for a longer period of time.
- Supreme Sound Feature-This feature focuses on powerful bass and natural vocals for sound.
- Backup Cable-f you decide that you don’t want to listen through Bluetooth anymore on your wireless headphones, you can always switch to the backup cable instead.
Head to Head
An example of wireless headphones you can get through Puro is the Puro BT2200 headphones for children which come out to $80.
Examples of wireless headphones from Beats by Dre includes the Studio headphones which go for $300. These have a 4 out of 5 star rating from over 450 customers on the site. The Beats site will actually have you make the purchase through the Apple Store.
SkullCandy has wireless headphones such as the Hesh 2 Wireless which go for around $100 normally, but these are frequently on sale for $70.
Puro Sound has a Live Chat available in the bottom left corner where the orange rectangle is. This is available 9am to 8PM. Puro also has a 100% guarantee through the 30 day grace period.
Beats by Dre has the advantage of having models like the Studio model that have adaptive sound cancelling and an extended battery life of 20 hours. The headphones are known for being stylish and easy to read in terms of how much power is left. They also get reasonably good reviews online. Those who like this type of wireless headphones are rather enthusiastic about it saying things like “sickest thing ever” or “best headphones ever.”
The Hesh 2 Wireless headphones from SkullCandy will blink red through an LED indicator on the left ear cup when the battery is under 10%. They also have backup cables and easy to access music controls for features.
Overall, SkulLCandy definitely has some of the cheapest wireless headphones by a fair amount. They are a few hundred dollars cheaper than the other options in many cases. AS a result though, they definitely have fewer features. For example, Beats by Dre will actually give you more detailed visual confirmation regarding how much power is left than SkullCandy headphones that really only give you a blinking red light if you’re under 10%. There’s also not really any noise cancelling ability for SkullCandy, or many other really strong features like a long battery life or extra safety precautions like what Puro offers to people.