Ponstan Side EffectsFitness Equipment
Ponstan Side effects
Ponstan is from the family of non steroidal, anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) drugs and is administered for relief from pain which includes arthritis inflammation, stiffness, swelling and joint pain. Ponstan is used for temporary relief from the pain and discomfort caused by arthritis but doesn’t cure the disease.
As with any other pain reliever, there are numerous side effects linked to Ponstan.
Common side effects
Symptoms includes headache, diarrhea, facial swelling, swelling of legs, joints and hand, diarrhea, increase in weight, constipation, nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, bloody or tarry stools, dotted red spots on skin, bleeding from the rectum, blood in cough, ulcers, unusual bleeding and discolor of fingernails, lips and/ or skin. In case any of these side effects become persistent or bothersome, consult a doctor immediately.
Severe Side effects
Though cases reported are rare, but the possibility of severe side effects on using Ponstan exists. Symptoms include irregular heartbeat, fainting, breathing troubles and severe allergic reactions (skin allergy, irritation, hives, redness, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, chest congestion, swelling of the eyelids, and shortness in breathing). These Ponstan side effects are extremely rare, in case any symptoms occur, stop using it immediately and consult a doctor.
These are not the complete list of possible side effects of Ponstan, for further information consult with your nearest health care provider.
Tips and warnings
• Avoid the medication, in case you are allergic to any of its active ingredients.
• In case of any prevailing health conditions or disease, let your doctor know.
• Inform your doctor if you are using any other medications for diabetes control, regulating your blood pressure or any other conditions. Ponstan may interact with other drugs and cause serious side effects.
• Consult with your doctor the benefits and risk of using Ponstan during pregnancy.
• Avoid using Ponstan while breast-feeding as the active ingredients may be transmitted to the new born baby via breast milk and cause serious problems. Consult with your doctor the risk and benefits of using Ponstan while breast-feeding.
• It is recommended to avoid alcohol while administering Ponstan tablets.
• Use the medications strictly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. In case of overdose, seek for immediate medical help.
• Avoid using Ponstan while driving or operating heavy machinery as it causes drowsiness, immediately after using the drug.