Plastic Surgery: Pros And ConsFitness Gear & Equipment
Not everyone blessed with perfect skin, a cute nose, or perky breasts. Every year millions of women and men select surgical treatment to enhance the physical features. From face lifts and tummy tucks, breast augmentation and liposuction, to laser hair removal and botox injections, there is a procedure out there that can repair, remove, lift and smooth just about every inch of human body. But before you go for plastic surgery, consider very carefully the benefits and drawbacks of the surgery you are interested in.
Clearly most obvious benefit of plastic surgery is improved appearance. Better appearance improves your self confidence and you get a better body image. But making your face and body prettier is not the only advantage of plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is a serious science and delicate art that helps a person to adapt in different surroundings and feel more self confident. People have always felt that with the time, their inner self stays young but their outside changes. Whenever there is a need or desire to change or improve their outer appearance, people can now choose the procedures offered at plastic surgery clinic.
Reconstructive plastic surgery is done to restore the function and appearance of various body parts. For instance, such operations are performed after a car accident or in other cases of a serious trauma. Many specialists state that such operations save people’s lives.
Plastic surgery certainly improves the psychological state of a person. It’s true that many people have negative thoughts and opinions about plastic surgery, but by doing it successfully one can feel more confident about himself/herself. Some studies have shown plastic surgery operations boost self-esteem and make people more sexually attractive. Thus, even small changes in the outside can bring huge changes on the inside.
However, before you make the final decision about plastic surgery, talk to your doctor and be sure that you are fully informed about the risk involved.
Plastic surgery can be beneficial for both physical and mental health; however, it can also be hazardous if not performed correctly. The results of the procedure may not be what you had envisioned. Generally, plastic surgery procedures are not reversible, and you will have to live with the outcome.
There are some more disadvantages that you should be aware of:
• Plastic surgery is highly expensive and not always covered by Health Insurance.
• After the surgery, you need some time to recover and heal. So at that time you’ll not be able to do normal activities like go to work etc.
• Scarring is one of the most common risks you should be aware of. During the process of healing, a thickening of the skin edge and formation of granular tissue can occur.
• There are other side effects like infections and pain.
• Though science and technology are constantly advancing, there is still the chance of complications. In very rare, extreme cases, nerve damage can occur, characterized by numbness and tingling sensations. Generally, the nerve damage will last not more than 1 year. Weakness or paralysis of certain muscles may be experienced if a nerve related to muscle movement is impaired. It can sometimes be treated with reconstructive surgery.
The bottom line is that plastic surgery, no matter how minor, is still a medical procedure that can affect your physical well-being and health. While physical beauty is something we all appreciate and strive for, sometimes surgery isn’t the answer. Don’t compare yourself with any movie star. Be proud of your individuality and cling to it. Choose a surgeon wisely, and opt for modest outcomes. A little change might be sufficient enough to give you a big boost.