Wheatgrass has been traditionally used by naturopaths all over the world to treat varieties of ailments. Wheatgrass juice, in particular, is known to possess remarkable healing properties. Read on for some amazing natural remedies using wheatgrass.
- Anemia: Mix equal quantities of wheatgrass juice, beet root juice and juice of fresh spinach leaves and have a glass full 2-3 times a day.
- Arthritis: Have a glass of wheatgrass juice early in the morning along with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder or dry ginger powder.
- Constipation: Add a teaspoon of psyllium seed husk to a glass of wheatgrass juice and have it before you go to bed.
- Diabetes: Mix equal quantities of wheatgrass juice, bitter gourd juice and Indian gooseberry juice. Add half a teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and turmeric powder to it and have a glass full before your meals.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure): Add two teaspoons of wheatgrass powder, one teaspoon of dried Indian gooseberry powder and one teaspoon of powdered fenugreek seeds to a glass of lukewarm water and have it early in the morning on empty stomach. Alternatively, one can add a teaspoon of wheatgrass powder to a cup of green tea and have it twice or thrice daily.
- Heart disease: Add two teaspoon of wheatgrass powder and one teaspoon each of dry ginger powder, dried Indian gooseberry powder and ground fenugreek seeds powder to a glass of warm water and have it on empty stomach early in the morning. Add a teaspoon of Epsom salt to a glass of wheatgrass juice and have it before going to bed.
- Indigestion and other disorders of digestive system: Make a concoction by boiling two teaspoon of wheatgrass powder, one teaspoon each of cumin seeds and caraway seeds, in water till the level reduces by about a quarter. Have a glass full to relieve the symptoms.
- Jaundice: Drink a glass of wheatgrass juice early in the morning on empty stomach. You can also add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Alternatively, you can add a teaspoon each of wheatgrass powder, turmeric powder and dry ginger powder to buttermilk and have a glass twice a day.
- Kidney stones: Add a teaspoon each of lemon juice and juice of basil leaves to a glass of wheatgrass juice and have a glass full twice or thrice a day.
Besides its use in above mentioned home remedies, drinking a glass of wheatgrass juice has immense health benefits since wheatgrass is a very good source of essential nutrients such as B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, iron, etc.
But a word of caution here – heart diseases, diabetes, hypertension and kidney stones are very serious health conditions, so one must consult a physician before trying out any home remedies.