Mixbook is a photo book service that will make a nice book out of your photographs. Since 2006, Mixbook has been making photo books for their customers. The types of photo books and product Mixbook offers include:
- Photo books such as travel, wedding, anniversary, family, and other subjects you would like to have in book photo format.
- Photo Calendars: You can make your own customized calendars with your own photos.
- Digital Scrapbook: You can make your own customizable digital scrapbook with thousands of designs to choose from.
- Yearbooks for your schools, teams and business.
- Gifts. A photo book is a great gift and keepsake for retirement, friends or going away present.
- Mixbook can also make personalized invitations and announcements.
How Mixbook Works
You will pick the design and type of photo book you want to make and then get the template from Mixbook. Your photo book must have a minimum of 10 pages in order to make the binding correctly and at this time the maximum number of pages is 399, though Mixbook is working to increase this page limit.
You can choose from 100 professional themes and add, remove and edit your photos, and you can upload your photos from Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Photobucket, Picasa, and Smugmug.
Photo Book Choices
You can choose from the following themes for your photo book:
- Wedding Guest Book
- Year in Review
Mixbook Sizes and Prices
You can choose between different sizes for your photo book and there are different prices for the type of cover you choose. For the regular price, you will get 20 pages per book, after 20 pages there will be added costs for each additional page.
- Mini 6" x 4" photo book comes only in soft cover and costs $6.99 with additional pages costing $0.50 per page.
- Pocket Landscape 8" x 6" - Between $12.99 and $39.98 with additional pages costing $0.50 each.
- Classic Square 8.5" x 8.5" - Between $19.99 and $79.00 with additional pages $0.50 each.
- Classic Portrait 8.5" x 11" - Between $19.99 and $49.98 with additional pages costing $1.00 each.
- Classic Landscape 11" x 8.5" - Between $34.99 and $89.00, additional pages cost $1.00 each.
- Deluxe Square12" x 12" - Between $49.99 and $129.00 and additional pages cost $1.25 each.
- Coffee Table Landscape 14" x 11" - Between $54.99 and $74.98. Additional pages cost $1.50 each.
You can choose between the following types of photo book covers. Not all cover types are available for all sizes.
- Soft cover
- Hardcover with dust jacket
- Premium leather with dust jacket
- Premium lay flat cover
You can currently get discounts on Mixbook with the following coupons.
- Up to 25% off everything at Mixbook.
- Buy One Calendar, Get One Free at Mixbook.
- Up to 50% off Valentine Hard Cover Books at Mixbook.
Because their products are custom made, Mixbook cannot accept returns. The customer needs to check and proofread their photo books before having them printed. If there is an error in the binding or the book, please contact Mixbook and they will try and correct the problem.
Mixbook Shipping Costs
Mixbook also ships to Canada and internationally. They offer the following shipping methods.
For a full list of their shipping costs, please see their shipping page.
Mixbook Customer Comments
- "I made a photo book on Mixbook and loved your site! I have made other books from other sites and often got frustrated. I thought it was very user friendly and will definitely recommend it to all my friends!"
- "I made 4 12x12 photo books and 2 years worth of Christmas cards through Mixbook and they are by far the best company to use. The customization you can do to your project is the best and the quality of the final product is second to none. And if by change you do have a problem with your project or order, the customer service is outstanding. Thanks Mixbook for being a customer friendly company."
MyPublisher is another photo book service that will turn your photos into a nice photo book. MyPublisher has partnered with Shutterfly to give you the best service. In addition to making photo books, MyPublisher can also make photo calendars, canvas prints, and cards and stationary.
How MyPublisher Works
MyPublisher works in the following simple steps:
- You will download their photo book application, which is free.
- You then add your photos, artwork and text to put your photo book together.
- MyPublisher will then make your photo book for you. You can order 1 copy or as many copies as you would like.
MyPublisher Photo Book Sizes and Prices
MyPublisher has the following photo book sizes and types of covers you can choose from. Each book has a maximum limit of 100 pages per book. You will get 20 pages at the regular photo book price and an additional cost per page above 20 pages.
2.75" x 3.5"
5.75" x 7.75"
8.75" x 11.25"
11.5" x 15"
MyPublisher Discount Coupons
At this time, you can get the following discounts at MyPublisher.
- $15 off Photo Books and Canvas Prints at MyPublisher.
- $25 off Photo Books and Canvas Prints at MyPublisher.
If there is a problem with your photo book or other products from MyPublisher, contact them within 14 days. When you contact them, send a photo of the problem and they will get back to you within 3 business days. You can contact them at email@example.com.
MyPublisher Shipping Costs
MyPublisher ships to the United States, Canada, Europe and APO addresses. MyPublisher offers the following shipping methods:
- USPS First Class
- FedEx Standard
- FedEx 2nd Day
- FedEx Overnight
For shipping rates, please see their shipping page.
MyPublisher Customer Comments
MyPublisher has mixed customer comments with the main complaint concerning slow shipping time. ResellerRatings.com gives them an overall rating of 2 out of 10 based on 168 reviews. Some comments are as follows:
- "I was hesitant to place the order based on reviews I read but, after spending 2 weeks setting it up, I had to take a chance. The product was beautiful, a coupon gave me 2-for-1, I ordered on the 13th of the month and received the completed book on the 19th without having to pay for expedited shipping! This experience dispelled all of the bad reviews and I couldn't have been more pleased!!!! I don't have any upcoming special events but, next time I do, I would DEFINATELY use My Publisher."
- "I order 4 calendars from Mypublisher. 3 were the same calendar in two different sizes and the 3rd was a completely different calendar. The software I thought was very easy to use, I could use multiple backgrounds, uploading was easy. I love the quality of the calendar also. I placed my order on December 10th, 2012 and received the calendars in one week, it was amazing. I did use an on line coupon for a discount. I was absolutely 100% satisfied. "
Shutterfly is another photo book service that will turn your photos into a photo book. Shutterfly sells more than photo books including:
How Shutterfly Works
With Shutterfly, you have two ways to make your photo book.
With the custom path method, you have the following options to make your photo book.
- You can add, move, and resize your photos and text anywhere.
- A large collection of background, embellishments, and layouts.
- 1 to 25 pictures per page with a maximum of 1,000 pictures.
The simple path gives you these options:
- The photos are arranged for you and then you can rearrange them and add captions.
- 20 styles of preset backgrounds and layouts.
- 1 to 4 pictures per page with a maximum of 500 pictures.
Shutterfly Photo Book Sizes and Prices
You can choose between the following photo book sizes.
- 5" x 7"
- 7" x 9"
- 8" x 8"
- 8" x 11"
- 12" x 12"
You have the following cover types to choose from. Not all cover types are available for all sizes. The prices will depend on the size of the photo book you choose.
- Soft photo cover costs between $12.99 and $24.99.
- Hard photo cover - $29.99 to $59.99.
- Matte finish ** (hard photo covers only): $5.00 to $10.00.
- Padded photo cover - $34.99 to $69.99.
- Cloth hard cover with die cut window** - $39.99 to 69.99.
- Leather hard cover with die cut window** - $39.99 to $74.99.
- Shutterfly coupons and discounts.
** Only available with the custom path method.
Shutterfly includes 20 pages in the regular price with additional costs that range from $0.50 to $1.50 per additional page.
If there is a problem, contact Shutterfly before returning any item as they might have better options to correct the problem. You will need to fill out their form before you return a product. Shutterfly reserves the right to issue a store credit for any returns after 60 days of receipt.
Shutterfly is currently offering free shipping within the United States for orders over $30 when you enter in the code SHIP30. Shutterfly also ships internationally to more than 100 countries. They offer the following shipping methods:
- Next Day
Please see their shipping page for a full list of shipping costs.
Shutterfly Customer Comments
Shutterfly has good comments for the most part with the main complaint being about customer service. TrustPilot.com rates Shutterfly 3.7 out of 10. Since Shutterfly sells other products, most if not all of the complaints were not about their photo books. Here are a few comments from TrustPilot.com.
- "I have had only good experiences with shutterfly. I have ordered invitations, Christmas cards, calendars, photo books and just simple 4x6 prints. I have never had any problems. I also use their photo share "create your own" website for all of my family photos. I literally went through all my mom's boxes of photos and scanned them to shutterfly. I have over 2000 pics on shutterfly and many of them have been there since 2006."
- "I see a lot of negative comments about Customer Service here, but I've never used Customer Service, so I can't comment on that. I make photo books all the time, and they are SUPER easy and fun to make! I wish there were more options (stickers and such), but I'm having a blast making them for family members. Now that I've done so many, I know the software and how it works. Once you get the hang of it, it's very quick to make books, and I always use the custom option because I like my own style."